Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this something that you would be interested in?
Yes, it sounds intriguing to me!!! 20 37.04%
No, not something I would like 16 29.63%
I'm not SINGLE, so I shouldn't VOTE:-0 3 5.56%
I want to BANKROLL your entire project! Where do I sign up? 5 9.26%
I'm sorry, I just thought you were giving away REPS here;-0 3 5.56%
What was the question again??? I think I've been on this forum too long:-0 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,063,231 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a good idea, however, if everyone under 50 isn't allowed to live in singles only communities, why should the over 50 crowd have the market on segregation?

I'm not knocking the idea, I want to live in a singles only community as well, only for people under 50. Too bad the fair housing laws don't allow this.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:53 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,793,212 times
Thumbs up Thanks for dropping by again River Bend!!!

I wish there was some NEW news , but unfortunately all I got so far is HOPE and a PRAYER ! They say that it's darkest before the dawn , so maybe there will be BETTER news soon !

Keep checking in though !

Best wishes,

~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Bend View Post
Hi again, HDL. I don't get here often, but I always check this thread when I do. Just stopped by to say "hi."

Old 04-06-2010, 12:04 AM

Wink Here Here MollyBlythe

I'm with YOU !!! Come on INVESTORS!!! Unclamp your purse strings and wallets and let's 'git to getting' on this matter before it's too late !!! None of us is getting any younger !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Okay investors, step forward! I'm ready to reserve my little bungalow/cottage on the Northern California or Oregon Coast. Better hurry up, time's awastin' and I'm not getting any younger.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:25 AM

Exclamation I support your idea DrEarth

As soon as MY community gets funded and built, I'll be back to help you with yours !!!

p.s.
You do realize this is the RETIREMENT forum though, don't you ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Sounds like a good idea, however, if everyone under 50 isn't allowed to live in singles only communities, why should the over 50 crowd have the market on segregation?

I'm not knocking the idea, I want to live in a singles only community as well, only for people under 50. Too bad the fair housing laws don't allow this.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:10 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,063,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
As soon as MY community gets funded and built, I'll be back to help you with yours !!!

p.s.
You do realize this is the RETIREMENT forum though, don't you ???

I'm already banned from living in your communities, but you can't ban me from your forum!! hahahaha

Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,563,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I'm with YOU !!! Come on INVESTORS!!! Unclamp your purse strings and wallets and let's 'git to getting' on this matter before it's too late !!! None of us is getting any younger !
I just came by to check on your progress since your original post...I was hoping you'd found investors by now because I love your idea and would be very interested in eventually being a part of a community like that. I have about 6 to 10 more years to work to be able to retire and that sounds like such a wonderful adventure to look forward to!

Best of luck -- wish I had the funds to invest!

Old 04-06-2010, 06:40 PM

DrEarth, I'm going to have to have a talk with your MOTHER about you !!!! Maybe it's not your AGE that's getting you banned ! LOL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I'm already banned from living in your communities, but you can't ban me from your forum!! hahahaha

Old 04-06-2010, 06:48 PM

I had planned to fund the project myself until the RE market changed so drastically . Maybe you will be retiring just in time for the Grand Opening of this new community MagnoliaThunder !

Thanks for posting and best wishes to you !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
I just came by to check on your progress since your original post...I was hoping you'd found investors by now because I love your idea and would be very interested in eventually being a part of a community like that. I have about 6 to 10 more years to work to be able to retire and that sounds like such a wonderful adventure to look forward to!

Best of luck -- wish I had the funds to invest!

Old 04-17-2011, 03:21 PM

Thumbs up There's STILL time to INVEST People!!!

Now my vision has changed a wee bit and I think that we need "2" of these communities so that we can SNOWBIRD back and forth !

What say who's left of my faithful followers ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.