Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this something that you would be interested in?
Yes, it sounds intriguing to me!!! 20 37.04%
No, not something I would like 16 29.63%
I'm not SINGLE, so I shouldn't VOTE:-0 3 5.56%
I want to BANKROLL your entire project! Where do I sign up? 5 9.26%
I'm sorry, I just thought you were giving away REPS here;-0 3 5.56%
What was the question again??? I think I've been on this forum too long:-0 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:38 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,288,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Although you make no mention of it in your original post I get the sense, based on the location and status you stated, that you would like this community to have a strong religious component and that is a total turn off for me.

Think I'll stay here on my little farm in VA, just me and the critters.
Huh? I didn't get that at all. Besides this is largely tongue in cheek.

(And I would avoid any religious type community like a plague, so it isn't that I wouldn't have the same turn off.)

Glad to see you are still here HDL

Old 07-18-2009, 03:25 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,394,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Don't delay !!! Act now before the DONALD invests first !!!
Pssst . . . A little birdy told me that the DONALD is a DUCK and not her TRUMP card.
That figures. One quack supporting another!

Old 07-18-2009, 03:43 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,394,905 times
Quote:
PLEASE make my DREAM come true !!! You've got the MONEY $$$$$, I've got the Business Plan !
WARNING!.....DANGER!.....WARNING!.....DANGER!.....WARNING!.....DANGER!.....WARNING!

Did anyone notice that the business plan is already covered in red ink?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,609,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Anybody know of a place similar to this that already exists (and doesn't cost an arm and a leg)? I have a visual picture right now. Very cool!
Well, that tears it in California!

Old 02-04-2010, 01:38 AM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,217 posts, read 6,802,936 times
Thumbs up All WRITE-T Folks, it's been almost 2 yrs since I started this thread...

I'm still LOOKING 4 Angel Investors and VC's !!! Come on peeps, you know this is a GREAT IDEA !

Quote:
Show me your Bank Statement and I'll show you my Business Plan !

Location (undetermined as yet) :
BUT imagine Roloffs Farm outside Portland, OR meets Piggy's Market In Capitola,CA for a general idea of what I hope to have !

Targeted Market :
Built specifically for Singles (male and female) Over 50 that want to interact, continue learning, teach their core competencies and continue giving back either pre-retirement or after retiring .

What I envision it looking like:

~ 1000 sq ft cottage homes with complete wraparound porches
Green Building - stress energy efficient
Community Center for Activities, Classes and Get Togethers
Fitness Center with an Indoor/Outdoor Pool
Walking Trails with a manmade lake for paddle boating
Doggie Park w/an Agility Course
Organic Community Garden

Cottage Businesses on the premises:
(if you know Piggy's Market in Capitola then you will understand what I mean)

Art Gallery; Music; Day Care; Doggie Day Care; Specialty Foods; Holistic Center; Cafe; etc.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:00 PM

31,694 posts, read 41,157,837 times
So does this mean that in this great singles place if you meet the right person and marry you have to sell and move? What price love could hang over the community entrance?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,541 times
HDL - I have not been here for a long time, but I see you are still looking for the same thing. Do you think this will ever materialize while I am still alive????

Old 02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,217 posts, read 6,802,936 times
Talking WOW River Bend

I'm truly honored that your 1st post since registering in Sept 2008 is in my thread !!!!

Now to answer your question . We are going through one of the most difficult times in history. Financing has pretty much dried up and a project of this size and nature will definitely take some capital. I believe that it is truly something that people want and would be of great benefit in our future. Community and community gardens, and sharing knowledge, food, resources, etc. to survive the difficult times ahead.

Of course, I am not God and don't know how long you or I have left on this planet we call Earth, but I do believe that someone very smart is either currently building this type of a community or is in the planning stage ! And one day they will 'google' and find my thread and then you will have your answer !!! Until then, I choose to keep HOPE alive !

Blessings and best wishes till then,

~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Bend View Post
HDL - I have not been here for a long time, but I see you are still looking for the same thing. Do you think this will ever materialize while I am still alive????

Old 04-05-2010, 05:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,541 times
Hi again, HDL. I don't get here often, but I always check this thread when I do. Just stopped by to say "hi."

Old 04-05-2010, 06:35 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,292,620 times
Default I'm still waiting!

Okay investors, step forward! I'm ready to reserve my little bungalow/cottage on the Northern California or Oregon Coast. Better hurry up, time's awastin' and I'm not getting any younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement