Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 08:18 PM

26,664 posts, read 28,786,684 times

Advertisements

Just take a shower every day, please. That's plenty. The days of smelly colognes are in the past and a lot of us get headaches from the stuff. Wear clean clothes too, unscented. In other words, just being your plain dear old self is good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 08:31 PM

3,385 posts, read 1,995,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I guess humankind has outgrown it's pleasure in marketed scents. So many complain of discomfort around them. We're all "chemicaled" to death apparently.

It's Holy Week here in Mexico where I'm vacationing and the locals are out in their best form. Walking on the beach means passing more than a few dapper gentlemen smelling very strongly of roses, peonies, lilies. Makes me chuckle.

We've followed the herd at our house and rarely wear a scent anymore lest we cause pain and suffering to our fellow creatures. It's a convenience for DH and a sacrifice for me. (Your welcome.)

But reading here again reminded me of my dating years in the '60s when no high school boy worth dating would have been caught dead without his English Leather, Jade East or Brut.

Back when we were all stalwart and could handle a waft of perfume. LOL
Good post. We moved cross country last year and didn't bring my husband's cologne with us. Somehow we did manage to bring my perfume (Chanel Coco Noir.) With department stores closed I had a hard time finding (sampling) something new for him so I just picked up Stetson in a Walgreens. I love when he wears it on special nights. It's nothing fancy or exotic - just a good smell that says he still does a little something extra for me.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:37 PM

6,390 posts, read 4,859,868 times
In my 30s and 40s I wore Obsession. Now I can't stand the smell of it! I also used Neutrogena original scent body wash. Same thing, I don't like it any more.

Now I wear Tommy Bahama St. Bart's. Tropical lime scent, perfect for Hawaii. My 20 yr old grandsons wear it too, LOL!

Old 03-30-2021, 04:56 PM

4,855 posts, read 3,663,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappy001 View Post
Just wondering if there are any women out there that care to share what their favorite aftershave or cologne they prefer men to use?
CK One by Calvin Klein
Kouros by Yves St. Laurent (I love wearing this)

Old 03-31-2021, 05:29 PM

2,489 posts, read 1,574,077 times
I use a shaving creme that is Sandlewood scented (Taylor of Old Bond St.). They have different scents but I like this one best. I use to like colognes. The general rule is to only wear enough to notice if one is very close. Some of the names have been funny. Two of my favorites were “Man,” and “The Good Life.” Lol. But they were good.

Old 04-01-2021, 05:36 PM

20,212 posts, read 9,117,582 times
Jade East or Aqua Velva...

Old 04-01-2021, 06:39 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,007,722 times
The smell of Old Spice always reminds me of my grandfather. If you hugged him, you could taste the stuff.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:03 PM

860 posts, read 476,378 times
I know I shouldn't be replying since I am not a girl but I like Aqua-Velva, Davidoff Cool Water, and one my son used to wear to school...Lucky You. My wife likes British Sterling but I can't stand it. Don't use any most of the time. I don't have any problem repelling girls (except my wife, who loves me, she claims) anyway so I can wear what I like.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:32 AM

10,383 posts, read 6,949,226 times
To attract females? I don't know. Maybe a "clean/soapy" odor? There's 5 pages of offerings.

Now, if you want to know what drives males over the edge, it's this...

Burnt castor-bean oil in a 2-stroke engine. We'll follow that, like puppy dogs.

Heck, I'm getting excited about it, just typing this "well known secret."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement