Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 07:36 AM

50,904 posts, read 36,601,145 times

Advertisements

Yesterday my honey got to a job site he’s been working at, to find someone stole his knee pads. He installs tile so absolutely needs them. I ordered a pair on Amazon at 4pm or so and they were delivered overnight while we slept. You can filter your search to only see products that are available for overnight delivery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 11:47 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,415,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
A shower curtain liner, a 4-pack of Pilot Precise pens and 6-pack of Reach dental floss. I needed the liner then threw in a few other things to get the free shipping.
The dental floss was delayed. I finally got it the other day. I got ONE pack of floss. I double-checked and I indeed had ordered a 6-pack. Thankfully, Amazon refunded the entire cost and didn't make me return the floss!

Old 01-30-2022, 05:22 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,431,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I just bought several items from this site.
Excellent quality and value.

In the past month or so, I’ve also ordered bar shampoo, conditioner and soap, a jigsaw puzzle, a cross-body bag, covers for my new cell phone and a couple of books for my Kindle.
Yes! I have had other things by 32 Degrees ( bought at Costco Brick and Mortar) and very pleased.
I used to wear long coats back in the day but somehow over the past 10 years or more only bought jackets. I think also pretty much jumping in the car and sitting , it was ok to have jackets only. Now that I try to walk ,I mean I won't walk in 10 degree weather but in the high 20's and up with a long coat that should help me attempt.
The coat came and is wonderful. Cannot really beat it. 44.99 delivered to my door.
Editing to add- I use the public library for kindle. I do have amazon prime, and occasionally get a free kindle book but 99.9% of the time, I am using the library and don't buy books in any form. The ebooks are great especially in the pandemic times when libraries cut hours or were not open- the ebooks continued and so did my reading.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:16 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,833,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Yes! I have had other things by 32 Degrees ( bought at Costco Brick and Mortar) and very pleased.
I used to wear long coats back in the day but somehow over the past 10 years or more only bought jackets. I think also pretty much jumping in the car and sitting , it was ok to have jackets only. Now that I try to walk ,I mean I won't walk in 10 degree weather but in the high 20's and up with a long coat that should help me attempt.
The coat came and is wonderful. Cannot really beat it. 44.99 delivered to my door.
Editing to add- I use the public library for kindle. I do have amazon prime, and occasionally get a free kindle book but 99.9% of the time, I am using the library and don't buy books in any form. The ebooks are great especially in the pandemic times when libraries cut hours or were not open- the ebooks continued and so did my reading.
I also have a coat by 32 Degrees. I was pleased to read that they humanely harvest their duck down.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:40 AM

30,569 posts, read 16,259,857 times
cat food, antique button, out of print book

Old 01-31-2022, 07:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I ordered a couple of the base layers (bottoms) to wear under the scrubs that I have to wear for a part-time job. I have to leave very early in the AM for my shifts and my car seat is always soooo cold, as is the lobby of the animal hospital where I work.
I wore them last week and what a difference!

I have so many ebooks on my Kindle, I have no idea what’s even on there any more.
Hit the library this weekend too.
While I rarely buy books, electronic or hard copy, I did make an exception this weekend for a book sale at one of the local libraries.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:41 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,161,919 times
STP Tire Inflator. Hope it's as good as Fix a Flat. Aero Press to brew coffee. Love it. N95 masks. And Gold Bond medicated healing ointment for extra dry skin. All from Amazon.

I'm almost out of peanut butter so I'll put in an order with walmart.com this week for a couple more jars, a couple cannisters of raisins, and some Fiber One Original cereal.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:48 AM

12,056 posts, read 8,449,416 times
I've had so much fun with my summery heliotrope oil that I ordered another fragrance. This aromatherapy works pretty well for the winter blahs.

Unfortunately it's been sitting in the local Post Office warehouse now for two weeks and after hours on the telephone I finally found someone who would pick up and answer my question about if I could just come pick it up.

The answer is "no." They are so backlogged that although it's been here for two weeks it isn't even sorted yet. The poor guy on the phone said they can't get anyone to come in to work.

This has been complicated by someone in the main office stealing packages and an investigation going on. People are protesting in the city park. The amusement never ends.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:48 PM

24,634 posts, read 10,968,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I ordered a couple of the base layers (bottoms) to wear under the scrubs that I have to wear for a part-time job. I have to leave very early in the AM for my shifts and my car seat is always soooo cold, as is the lobby of the animal hospital where I work.
I wore them last week and what a difference!

I have so many ebooks on my Kindle, I have no idea what’s even on there any more.
Hit the library this weekend too.
While I rarely buy books, electronic or hard copy, I did make an exception this weekend for a book sale at one of the local libraries.
OT - get a cat pad which reflects heat. 10-15$

Old 01-31-2022, 08:27 PM

17,717 posts, read 29,863,438 times
Super Glue, 5 tubes
$4
Amazon Prime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement