Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 05:30 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,207,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Today, I received some odorless mineral spirts, which My local Michaels did not have to sell. And a new coloring book that I did not have to go looking for from store to store.

I now need refills for a Tombow mono eraser. I cringe at having to go from store to store looking for this. I will likely order another eraser and a refill.

As more of us find shrinking inventories at local stores, we move to ordering online. And, I suspect the cycle repeats.

Oh, I have to return the garments I ordered from Bean. Too big. Needing to return things is the downside to ordering clothes.

So, I did order a new Tombow Mono eraser + tube of refills + a couple of other things. I am glad I ordered a new eraser because the refills for my old eraser will not arrive until the end of the month. I looked for an eraser locally at Office Max and at Michaels. No luck. The inventory at Michaels is so low, I wonder if they are starving it because they intend to close it. If that is not the strategy, they have serious supply chain issues.

And my Lands End order arrived. I am keeping the two pairs of pants I ordered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 05:59 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,843,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I was not familiar with the product 'Boy butter', so I googled it.

omg

Having read the descriptions of each of their products, that is not a 'man thing'.

I have been told a few times that there do exist some females who also enjoy that form of physical activity.
Now I had to Google it too:

1. The ejaculate of an adolescent male.

2. A brand of gay sex lube.

I don't imagine you could order #1 so I'm guessing it's item #2? But who knows, maybe you can order item #1?

I didn't see anything about a "physical activity that females might enjoy".

Old 01-15-2022, 07:47 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,038,285 times
Frames, lingerie, treats, a watch, talisman towers, power bars, movies, furniture.....the things needed for modern life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
We are all "forced" to shop more online, because many products became unavailable in local stores and redirecting us to order online.
I am quite sick and tired of creating accounts in shops because of one time purchase. I feel it's very unsafe to spread personal info so thin - so many places get hacked.

Recently ordered a mattress topper.
It bugs me a little because I am not buying local but then again, I really don't consider Wal Mart local.

Another things is in the case of the watch, buying them at Wal Mart in the past has been a case of leaping through a few hoops in order to get someone to that counter. Now that they are going more and more self check out......I really don't feel that guilty about a process that takes 5 minutes vs the over the hour or two it would take going to deal with them.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 01-15-2022 at 08:01 PM..

Old 01-15-2022, 07:50 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,200,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's why I bought a used 8, for $200, lol. I was tired of research, too. One of my co-workers tried several times to teach me the proper way to swipe the 11 to open it, but I couldn't master it (it's sort of an arc-shaped/diagonal swipe). Plus the 11 doesn't have fingerprint unlock or fingertip log-in for websites and apps, no home button at all, only face recognition, and I missed the home button.

All the newer phones are going to be the same, no home button, lots of fancy changes/swipes, etc. But you have a 30 day period to return if you get it from your carrier.
I have an 11 and don't have any issues swiping to open and it doesn't seem any heavier than others. Dont miss the home button though I thought I would - got used to it quickly (coming from a Samsung android). Not sure if face recognition is that great, often have to put in my code because of bad lighting or weird angle. But don't know if fingerprint unlock would also have some issues. Not had any problems with apps. I still have my old iPhone 3G in a drawer somewhere. I loved that phone, so simple and intuitive to use. It was a game changer. It seemed so big at the time and now looks so tiny!

Old 01-15-2022, 08:42 PM
JRR

8,172 posts, read 5,681,763 times
I just ordered two rose bushes for delivery in the spring.

Old 01-16-2022, 06:39 AM

50,931 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
I have an 11 and don't have any issues swiping to open and it doesn't seem any heavier than others. Dont miss the home button though I thought I would - got used to it quickly (coming from a Samsung android). Not sure if face recognition is that great, often have to put in my code because of bad lighting or weird angle. But don't know if fingerprint unlock would also have some issues. Not had any problems with apps. I still have my old iPhone 3G in a drawer somewhere. I loved that phone, so simple and intuitive to use. It was a game changer. It seemed so big at the time and now looks so tiny!
I had a 6S, not a plus, so for me it was much larger and heavier. It pulled my scrub pants down when I walked with it in the pocket!

I’m not a person who likes change (with things like fingertip access, which works really well, I say “if it’s not broke don’t fix it”. Feel the same way about the stupid updates they made to my favorite apps.

I also buy older cars because I don’t want my heat/AC on a computer screen that I have to read without reading glasses while I drive, nor push button start etc.

Old 01-16-2022, 06:42 AM

50,931 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Frames, lingerie, treats, a watch, talisman towers, power bars, movies, furniture.....the things needed for modern life.

It bugs me a little because I am not buying local but then again, I really don't consider Wal Mart local.

Another things is in the case of the watch, buying them at Wal Mart in the past has been a case of leaping through a few hoops in order to get someone to that counter. Now that they are going more and more self check out......I really don't feel that guilty about a process that takes 5 minutes vs the over the hour or two it would take going to deal with them.
Yes it’s the same at my Walmart. They have a fabric section and a paint section/key making section but there’s no one ever there manning them.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:06 AM

4,543 posts, read 3,766,012 times
A stainless steel smokeless wood burning fire pit. Smoke-less = less smoke. We weren’t happy with one we bought a few months ago and didn’t want a propane one. The design on this one aerates and burns a hot fire with less smoke. We tried it out last night and it worked as advertised. We are passing our other fire pit on to our son.

I saw an ad for a sale at the product website and went to Amazon to check their price where it was also on sale and much cheaper. I’ve stumbled onto great deals with a short window of opportunity on Amazon by accident before. This same fire pit is now more than 2x the price that I paid a week earlier on Amazon.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:47 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,618,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
I still have my iphone 4. Have to pull photos and other data off of it yet, speedy gonzales here. It is tiny.
As I have a 6S+, I'm already used to a large iphone. I'm choosing 13 pro max simply because of 5G which iphone 11 doesn't have. I don't want to have to change phones again for the next 5 years.
Yes, fingertip recognition has issues too, was always a problem after gardening or hands in water long enough to change shape of fingerprint, or a cut, had to imprint code for weeks that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I had a 6S, not a plus, so for me it was much larger and heavier. It pulled my scrub pants down when I walked with it in the pocket!

I’m not a person who likes change (with things like fingertip access, which works really well, I say “if it’s not broke don’t fix it”. Feel the same way about the stupid updates they made to my favorite apps.

I also buy older cars because I don’t want my heat/AC on a computer screen that I have to read without reading glasses while I drive, nor push button start etc.
I don't like change either, but it's getting forced on me, 6S+ although in perfect condition (always had screen protector case on it, so it's like new) doesn't meet new requirements. Memory was painfully small and can't be upgraded. So I'm going to buy the full terrabyte. I had better be good for awhile, or I'll be ticked!
I remember paying a painful 2k for my acer 586 tower desktop, that's been useless for nearly 20 years now.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:25 AM

36,445 posts, read 16,050,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
A stainless steel smokeless wood burning fire pit. Smoke-less = less smoke. We weren’t happy with one we bought a few months ago and didn’t want a propane one. The design on this one aerates and burns a hot fire with less smoke. We tried it out last night and it worked as advertised. We are passing our other fire pit on to our son.

I saw an ad for a sale at the product website and went to Amazon to check their price where it was also on sale and much cheaper. I’ve stumbled onto great deals with a short window of opportunity on Amazon by accident before. This same fire pit is now more than 2x the price that I paid a week earlier on Amazon.

Is it a Solo Stove? I've been looking at those, pretty cool.

Canned cat food, can't find any in the store except strange brands I've never heard of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement