Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 05:58 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,000,307 times

Advertisements

Online purchases for me not gifts:

a Z6 Nikon mirrorless camera (Adorama)
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm F/5.6E Pf ED VR Super-Telephoto Lens (B&H Photo)
memory cards, batteries (B&H and Adorama)
ink cartridges for a color photo printer that prints oversized photos (Adorama but this may be going back)
Lipton raspberry white iced tea in bottles(Amazon)
Hawaiian Punch in bottles
Danish cookies (Amazon)
Ed Sheeran's latest album (ITunes)
Singles by Morgan Wallen, Kacey Musgraves and 2 Carrie Underwood ones (ITunes)
a new rollator that is the same as the last one (for short people) (Amazon)
A few books (Amazon)
KN 95 face masks (Gosbuy)
Some pharmaceuticals (Amazon)
3 pairs of pants (Woman Within)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 06:09 PM

24,514 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Cat food, wine glasses in June which got delivered today, brass, guns.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:25 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
I'll miss those things. I have the 6S+ so I already had a somewhat larger heavier iphone. I'm going with the 13 pro max, and get the max years out of it hopefully. Screams at self: Do NOT break it or lose it!
Love mine

Old 01-14-2022, 06:35 PM

2,649 posts, read 1,177,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Not to hijack the thread but pretty much every time I ordered a case or two of canned cat food on Amazon, the cans were dented and it often had a few exploded cans. I’d call Amazon and they would ship more cans that also got there dented. I got a bunch of free cat food picking out the cans with an intact seal but it was a PITA. Chewy puts a cardboard top on the case of cat food and pads out the box really well with large bubble wrap packing material. The box is sized so the cans can’t move around and dent compared to the huge Amazon box where the case bounces around inside the box. I haven’t had any dented cans at all.

You’d think Bezos would have enough added costs from all the re-shipped items to fix the problem.
Same here and I noticed the Chewy cat food was fresher than the Amazon cat food. I know by the color and smell if it's starting to turn. As far as cat food Chewy is better.

I ordered food on Amazon when I got my taste back. I could only stomach crackers and broth and tea.
I also purchased on Amazon when I was feeling better
an oxygen meter (as I call it that)
two thermometers that didn't work
bed step stool
medical locking box that doesn't lock
air purifier with HEPA UV light

Old 01-14-2022, 07:27 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,139 times
Pillar candles from Pier 1.
Not many stores carry them anymore; most are in a jar, which is surprising, given our overloaded landfills and the concern over environmentalism.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:27 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,826,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
So why did you support that company? My grandkids both wanted Nike shoes of some sort. Their parents and I both refused as we boycott that company. Both don't "get" it, they will when older and mature. Both told if they wanted that item they'd have to buy it for themselves. One did, the other let it go and went on to something else. I don't understand why, if one is so against something, they still will support it in one way or another. I don't believe in being a hypocrite. I "walk the walk, not just talk the talk".
I quit buying Nikes for myself (after more than 40 years), but I've had a hard time finding another satisfactory brand (Asics for now).

For the grandkids, Nikes make them happy and that's what matters to me. I'm not into forcing my political beliefs on anyone else. My job is not to indoctrinate them. They will form their own beliefs as they grow up.

I had my parent's religion crammed down my throat complete with punishments if I didn't pretend to buy in. I haven't been to a church service in 40+ years.

Let me ask. Do you support the politics of China? If not, do you refrain from buying anything made there? I doubt it.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 01-14-2022 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Added a line

Old 01-15-2022, 02:19 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,290,344 times
books
mattress cover
more books
turmeric supplement

Braille slate and stylus, along with paper. I eagerly await its arrival.

Old 01-15-2022, 05:24 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I quit buying Nikes for myself (after more than 40 years), but I've had a hard time finding another satisfactory brand (Asics for now).

For the grandkids, Nikes make them happy and that's what matters to me. I'm not into forcing my political beliefs on anyone else. My job is not to indoctrinate them. They will form their own beliefs as they grow up.

I had my parent's religion crammed down my throat complete with punishments if I didn't pretend to buy in. I haven't been to a church service in 40+ years.

Let me ask. Do you support the politics of China? If not, do you refrain from buying anything made there? I doubt it.
I never buy Nike either. I do love New Balance.

Old 01-15-2022, 05:29 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post

Not really a valid question, considering how many crucial items are only made in China now. It doesn't appear the leaders of our country have any interest in bringing pharmaceuticals back to our shores, for one.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:22 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
I'll miss those things. I have the 6S+ so I already had a somewhat larger heavier iphone. I'm going with the 13 pro max, and get the max years out of it hopefully. Screams at self: Do NOT break it or lose it!
Good luck with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement