Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2022, 11:10 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
We also have that issue. I tried buying that 40 can variety pack at Costco, but the ferals turned their noses up with about 2/3 of it. so chewers it is. I only buy what they will eat.

We finally caught the mom today. Texas Litter Control took care of no other kittens.
We have dry and wet cat food, same thing. They love it when I bought the 6 pound bag to try, then I bought the 25 pound bag and they won't eat it. I have always thought cat owners should get together and have swap meets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 11:30 AM

10,099 posts, read 6,441,828 times
I do all of my online shopping from Amazon, WalMart, and Chewy, except for the occasional clothing purchase. This weeks purchases included:

Wet and dry cat food (Chewy)
Paper goods, kitty litter, and household supplies (WalMart)
Catnip toys and a heartbeat simulator soothing toy (for the elderly cat) (Amazon)
Pond de-icer and barber shears (Amazon)
Groceries for delivery to house (WalMart)
Three kinds of HBP cold medicines (Amazon - I'd have to pick them up in person from WalMart)

IOW, nothing exciting or unusual. Just personal, household, and pet maintenance items. Ho-hum.

Old 01-13-2022, 11:47 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,614,894 times
Clothing
N95 masks
Jewelry
Presents
Difficult to find specific foods
Car intake vent mechanic misplaced
Outdoor temperature gauge
CO2 detector
Specific lightbulbs
Purse

Next is an expensive new iphone because the perfect condition 6s cannot 5G

Old 01-14-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Clothing
N95 masks
Jewelry
Presents
Difficult to find specific foods
Car intake vent mechanic misplaced
Outdoor temperature gauge
CO2 detector
Specific lightbulbs
Purse

Next is an expensive new iphone because the perfect condition 6s cannot 5G
I miss my 6S. Dropped it in the toilet last year, bought an 11, hated it (very heavy and I couldn’t get the swiping required. But the worst thing was that the updated apps were all buggy (including my beloved Reminders app, which sucks in many ways now). I hadn’t been able to upgrade my 6S for a couple of years due to lack of memory and I wish I had the old, in-upgraded apps again. I sent the 11 back and bought an 8, which is better than the new ones IMO at least for me, but I still hate the upgraded Maps and Reminders.

Old 01-14-2022, 10:17 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,710,038 times
Nothing from Amazon in almost 10 years and still counting.

Latest online purchases:

- Charging/syncing cable for a GPS device, direct from the manufacturer
- Replacement parts for bicycle rollers, also direct from the manufacturer

These were the only authentic sources of the items, plus I hate Amazon.

Old 01-14-2022, 10:39 AM

997 posts, read 711,025 times
Let see: Hard sugar free candy pastilles, electronic thermometer, ebooks, Cheryl's sugarfree cookies, 2 valances, 3 pajamas on clearance, 2 pandemic test kits, 10 Rastelli's frozen sirloin steaks, 3 lbs jumbo alaskan snow crab legs, and phone case.

Old 01-14-2022, 10:57 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,614,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I miss my 6S. Dropped it in the toilet last year, bought an 11, hated it (very heavy and I couldn’t get the swiping required. But the worst thing was that the updated apps were all buggy (including my beloved Reminders app, which sucks in many ways now). I hadn’t been able to upgrade my 6S for a couple of years due to lack of memory and I wish I had the old, in-upgraded apps again. I sent the 11 back and bought an 8, which is better than the new ones IMO at least for me, but I still hate the upgraded Maps and Reminders.
I was thinking the 11...now you have me thinking not. And I have no idea which of the 8 iphones out there I would like the best. I suppose I could visit stores and look at them all, but I despise studying choices. I just read an article on which one to buy, and it leaves me more confused than ever. I'm inclined to buy the 13 Pro just to get it over with and know that I'm good for perhaps another 5 years. Whichever I pick, I'm going to have to learn a lot on a new iphone since this one is 5 (or 6?) years old, and that's going to annoy me. Ugh!

Old 01-14-2022, 10:58 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
I think that over time, especially the last couple years with COVID, I see little distinction in specifying "online".

I buy food, paper goods, clothing, makeup, housewares, custom window blinds, furniture, lawn chemicals...ANYTHING and almost EVERYTHING online. So the question is essentially, "what have you bought recently" which is also akin to "what did you eat for lunch today".

Old 01-14-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
I was thinking the 11...now you have me thinking not. And I have no idea which of the 8 iphones out there I would like the best. I suppose I could visit stores and look at them all, but I despise studying choices. I just read an article on which one to buy, and it leaves me more confused than ever. I'm inclined to buy the 13 Pro just to get it over with and know that I'm good for perhaps another 5 years. Whichever I pick, I'm going to have to learn a lot on a new iphone since this one is 5 (or 6?) years old, and that's going to annoy me. Ugh!
That's why I bought a used 8, for $200, lol. I was tired of research, too. One of my co-workers tried several times to teach me the proper way to swipe the 11 to open it, but I couldn't master it (it's sort of an arc-shaped/diagonal swipe). Plus the 11 doesn't have fingerprint unlock or fingertip log-in for websites and apps, no home button at all, only face recognition, and I missed the home button.

All the newer phones are going to be the same, no home button, lots of fancy changes/swipes, etc. But you have a 30 day period to return if you get it from your carrier.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:51 AM

18,734 posts, read 33,406,561 times
Noatmeals (non-oat seeded "oatmeal")
A marvelous expensive cake (no bakeries where I live)
T-shirt that supports elephants rescue

I shop very little. Speciality items like food stuff online, household goods in persona at dollar store. Dog food in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement