Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 08:40 AM

4 posts, read 13,919 times

Advertisements

My sister and family just relocated to South Kingstown, RI. We're planning a trip at holiday time and I see that the airfares to Boston are way cheaper than flying into Providence. What is the best way to get from Boston to her house? We thought about renting a car, but maybe it would be better to take a train? Is it easy to get to public transportation from Logan?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not2L8 View Post
My sister and family just relocated to South Kingstown, RI.

Ok! It's NORTH Kingstown! Oops!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:40 PM

630 posts, read 1,874,738 times
Southwest is the predominant carrier into T. F. Green airport,their prices aren't competitive?

Old 09-17-2010, 03:06 PM

Oh, I would love Southwest! But I failed to mention that I'm flying from Columbia, SC, or any airport within 100 miles or so, but Southwest doesn't fly out of any of them according to their website. I also have Delta miles I'd like to use if at all possible.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:06 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
Peter Pan Bus in Providence has multiple daily trips direct to Logan. The bus station is directly off of Rt 95N (exit 25). I think you may be able to park/ride but I'm certain of this.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM

630 posts, read 1,874,738 times
Quote:
My sister and family just relocated to South Kingstown, RI. We're planning a trip at holiday time and I see that the airfares to Boston are way cheaper than flying into Providence. What is the best way to get from Boston to her house? We thought about renting a car, but maybe it would be better to take a train? Is it easy to get to public transportation from Logan?

You can fly US air from Charolette NC to Providence,straight shot,no stops,for about $325 pp round trip in December.I've flown that route coming back from Jamaica several times,planes have been clean,service good.You will be about 25 minutes from North Kingstown RI that way.About an extra hundred if you go via Charleston SC. Good Luck.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:31 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,056,073 times
Quote:
Oh, I would love Southwest! But I failed to mention that I'm flying from Columbia, SC, or any airport within 100 miles or so, but Southwest doesn't fly out of any of them according to their website. I also have Delta miles I'd like to use if at all possible.
The good news is that Southwest will soon be flying (next year) from Columbia, S.C. Does price matter if you are using miles? Delta does fly into PVD. Consider the extra cost of travel to North Kingston from Logan. Is the difference in fare really worth an extra 80 minute to possibly 2 hour road trip?This does not include the time to pick up your baggage at Logan. At PVD you could be in North Kingstown within 30-40minutes of your arrival.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the great advice! Considering the additional cost and time, it probably does make the most sense to fly to Providence. Can't wait to visit; it sounds like a beautiful area. No snow on fly days, please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: