Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2022, 09:08 PM

23,571 posts, read 18,672,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
We're not buddies, MN. You're a lost soul.

But lost souls can still be found. You, on the other hand...I think you sold yours years ago. Even our resident slumlord has more hope than you in that regard, I say with pretty good confidence. So I guess you would be correct, we have little in common there. I still try and hold out my hand for those in need though, given it's just what I do. When you're finally ready to move up out of the slums, give me a shout. But as of now, the fruits of your political participation do not speak highly of you or your community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 09:29 PM

3,784 posts, read 2,687,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
But lost souls can still be found. You, on the other hand...I think you sold yours years ago. Even our resident slumlord has more hope than you in that regard, I say with pretty good confidence. So I guess you would be correct, we have little in common there. I still try and hold out my hand for those in need though, given it's just what I do. When you're finally ready to move up out of the slums, give me a shout. But as of now, the fruits of your political participation do not speak highly of you or your community.
My goodness, how are you so wrong about so much? For instance, you continue with your "resident slumlord" line for IM? You've never provided one scintilla of evidence of this accusation of yours. I don't know the fellow. I'm sure that he and I disagree on much. But what I do know is that he has posted his experience about living in various locations in Providence and I take him at his word for that, in part because his testimony about the neighborhoods coalesces with mine. In my estimation, he hasn't done anything to warrant doubt about his experience. Your febrile imagination has him as a slumlord, but you have a tendency to make specious claims. And then there's the little issue of you claiming simultaneously to be a landlord and a renter. It could happen, but given your track record here, well, you'll just have to accept that I don't think you are a credible person so I don't trust anything you say.

I do hope that eventually you will be found. And repent.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
The biggest bill of goods ever sold to the American people was allowing the loss of our manufacturing base. The only losers were the poor slobs looking for good paying work. The current pursuit of automation strikes me as deja vu all over again. Does anybody but me think it's an overall bad idea to put 3.5 million truck drivers out of work? Transportation/logistics, construction and the evaporated manufacturing, form the very backbone of a middle class economy.
The push to automation is inexorable. I agree that it will have repercussions throughout the blue collar sector. There are blue collar fields which are largely immune to the automation push, and I advise young people to build their careers accordingly.

The loss of our manufacturing base will likely be the demise of us. A great many of the technological breakthroughs happen on the manufacturing line. When manufacturing is outsourced, those breakthroughs are owned by others.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
My goodness, how are you so wrong about so much? For instance, you continue with your "resident slumlord" line for IM? You've never provided one scintilla of evidence of this accusation of yours. I don't know the fellow. I'm sure that he and I disagree on much. But what I do know is that he has posted his experience about living in various locations in Providence and I take him at his word for that, in part because his testimony about the neighborhoods coalesces with mine. In my estimation, he hasn't done anything to warrant doubt about his experience. Your febrile imagination has him as a slumlord, but you have a tendency to make specious claims. And then there's the little issue of you claiming simultaneously to be a landlord and a renter. It could happen, but given your track record here, well, you'll just have to accept that I don't think you are a credible person so I don't trust anything you say.

Wow did somebody hit a nerve there in "At least we're not Mattapan".

Old 06-23-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
There are blue collar fields which are largely immune to the automation push, and I advise young people to build their careers accordingly.

Please tell me you don't hold any sway over young peoples' important decisions.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Wow did somebody hit a nerve there in "At least we're not Mattapan".
No, I'm pretty sure you haven't figured out how to find a nerve. Ladies (and gents), can I get an amen?

Old 06-23-2022, 10:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yduR58_tUeU

Old 06-23-2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Is that supposed to titillate? No wonder you're lonely.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Is that supposed to titillate? No wonder you're lonely.

IT'S. REALITY. Your 'hood is a $hitshow, ormari. Your elected officials are an embarrassment. The bulk of the city is really, just a big dysfunctional mess. It's filthy. Criminals run the streets. One can't even grab an empanada at Johnny's Chimi Truck without the threat of being stabbed or shot. Junkies roam RWP in broad daylight (watch you come out with your typical bs lines like "blah I live here and that can't be further from the truth!"), and nobody GAF. Innocent people are now being victimized by young hooligans on Thayer St.. THAYER ST. folks! Without consequences! As our friend PB always says, "in a democracy, we get the government we deserve" or something to that effect. It couldn't be more true. And you're not ashamed? Really???

Old 06-24-2022, 04:00 AM

8,067 posts, read 4,689,663 times
Quote:
Kind of it in a nutshell. To repeat: I have no real estate interest - of any kind - in Providence. He fabricated the "slumlord" scenario in a lame attempt to justify my interest by labeling it as somehow financial self-interest. I simply have lived in a part of one of the neighborhoods he broad brush trashes & continue to know many who still live in several of them. And, they live there happily so by choice. They could afford to live anywhere in the state. What am I to do with this knowledge here? What I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island