Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2022, 07:23 AM

3,813 posts, read 2,700,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtOV0KP7LE

Wow. So that's it? "Democracy, Kevin McCarthy" (the Jan. 6th was implied)

Nothing about the economy, inflation, gas prices, baby formula shortages?

Are the Dems trying to lose?

If that's all he's got, Magaziner's already toast.

No wonder he looks nervous as hell. Or maybe he's holding in some flatulence?

What....a....joke.
I think you can explain Magaziner's body language pretty readily by looking back at how we got here. Magaziner (D) didn't want to be in the CD2 race. He wanted to be RI Governor. Fung (R) has strong name recognition and is credited with a turnaround of Cranston. When Langevin announced he wouldn't seek re-election, Fung quickly recognized the opportunity and jumped into the CD2 race. Once that happened, The Party panicked. The national Dems must have promised Magaziner some plums to get him into the race, but I don't think his heart is in it.

It would be really embarrassing if the Dems were to lose a seat in Rhode Island. I'd expect The Party to provide lots of support dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 07:51 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,677,384 times
So instead of talking about the issues facing Americans, like crime, inflation and the economy, Rhode Island Democrats have decided to build their talking points against Fung around "guilt by virtue of association"? I can smell the desperation up here. How long before they dust off the image of Fung wearing a hat suggesting the horror of making our country great again. This is really the road they've chosen?

Old 07-01-2022, 08:00 AM

I like Magaziner, I think he's more of a centrist than political expediency allows him to reveal, but this is the genius who
touted the virtues of his "back to basics" pension investment strategy? Hmm......low cost index funds. I've only known this for......oh, 30 years or so. Being a genius compared to "Gina" isn't the same as actually being one.

Old 07-01-2022, 08:11 AM

There isn't a challenger to Mr. Fung fit to polish his shoes. If he could run in the Bay State, I'd pick him up myself. For those in tiny Rhode Island clinging to......any Democratic alternative whatsoever, because....well....just because, ideology above merit makes no more sense than diversity above excellence. And it's an equally efficient means of Making America Less Great Than Ever. Break free from the herd.

Old 07-01-2022, 08:29 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,703,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
How long before they dust off the image of Fung wearing a hat suggesting the horror of making our country great again.
Oh, that red hat. Bet he wishes he could un-wear it. I'd doubt he'll own it these days. Great again? I can see the Jan. 6th split screen ad now. At least the dance he'll try to do should be entertaining to watch.

Old 07-01-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Oh, that red hat. Bet he wishes he could un-wear it. I'd doubt he'll own it these days. Great again? I can see the Jan. 6th split screen ad now. At least the dance he'll try to do should be entertaining to watch.
I couldn't ask for a better witness to make my case. Fung.......and Jan. 6th. Shall we extrapolate? Magaziner...... and rampant crime, crippling inflation, soaring gas prices, spiraling interest rates? And beyond that, he's witholding formula from babies. Where was this fine gentleman when the Lindbergh baby went missing? The prosecution rests your honor.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:06 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,902,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
I think you can explain Magaziner's body language pretty readily by looking back at how we got here. Magaziner (D) didn't want to be in the CD2 race. He wanted to be RI Governor. Fung (R) has strong name recognition and is credited with a turnaround of Cranston. When Langevin announced he wouldn't seek re-election, Fung quickly recognized the opportunity and jumped into the CD2 race. Once that happened, The Party panicked. The national Dems must have promised Magaziner some plums to get him into the race, but I don't think his heart is in it.

It would be really embarrassing if the Dems were to lose a seat in Rhode Island. I'd expect The Party to provide lots of support dollars.

Yes, I kind of forgot about how Magaziner was originally running for Governor. Good point.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
I like Magaziner, I think he's more of a centrist than political expediency allows him to reveal, but this is the genius who
touted the virtues of his "back to basics" pension investment strategy? Hmm......low cost index funds. I've only known this for......oh, 30 years or so. Being a genius compared to "Gina" isn't the same as actually being one.

He's also started going woke...

Old 07-01-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post

Again I-Man, this is District 2, not Jamestown.

Someone down the road from me has a "Trump: F*ck your feelings" flag.

Another neighbor has a Trump Batman flag he's had up since October 2020.

In 2020 the Baseball field off Atwood Ave had a massive Trump rally.

And this is an upper middle class neighborhood in Cranston.

The "Trump" thing just doesn't trigger people here as it does in upper class hoity toity virtue singaling neighborhoods where they still read the NY Times and take it seroiusly.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:20 AM

Update: Biden is now 17 points underwater in Rhode Island.

https://civiqs.com/results/approve_p...ue&zoomIn=true

Holy hell.

I really mean it when I say that, far from tightening, some of these races could blow wide open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island