Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2022, 05:12 PM

3,799 posts, read 2,696,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
That’s reserved for his hell hole Massachusetts apartment paid for with slave wages. I hope he works hard. I’m going to turn on Social Security at age 70 and I expect him to help fund my lavish retirement.
He spends half his life "analyzing" crime reports in the media and the other half posting here. You think he works at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 05:53 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Seems to me the problem is the domestic abuser, not the neighborhood it happened in. Ormari can continue safely visiting Olneyville as long as he doesn't fall in with domestic abusers.
That poster mentioned NY System, La Lupita, the croissant place, and the bike path. It felt like someone had just googled "what to do in Olneyville".

Either way, you need to understand that that's essentially "visiting Olneyville" like a tourist would and it doesn't give the proper perspective. It's nothing like venturing deep within the dangerous Atwells Manton Valley triangle.

However, I will say this. That poster is asking for trouble if he's actually using the bike path in Olneyville as he claims. It's just a matter of time before he encounters the wrong people on that bike path.

I try to look out for that guy, but my wisdom often falls on deaf ears.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:00 PM

3,799 posts, read 2,696,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
That poster mentioned NY System, La Lupita, the croissant place, and the bike path. It felt like someone had just googled "what to do in Olneyville".

Either way, you need to understand that that's essentially "visiting Olneyville" like a tourist would and it doesn't give the proper perspective. It's nothing like venturing deep within the dangerous Atwells Manton Valley triangle.

However, I will say this. That poster is asking for trouble if he's actually using the bike path in Olneyville as he claims. It's just a matter of time before he encounters the wrong people on that bike path.

Whatever. I spend lots of time in Olneyville. I might even live in Olneyville, or I might not. I use the bike path regularly, without issue.

You're not looking out for anyone. You just spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Olneyville New York System is visited by countless people, city residents and tourists alike. Alton Brown went there.

La Lupita is an unassuming place to pick up a taco, a burrito, etc. It's not fancy, it's not trendy. It's just a place the denizens go. I'm not putting it on a tourist list, and I haven't looked to see if it already is on one.

I also mentioned recycle a bike. It's a good place with a good mission.

I've already spoken to Butterbang. That isn't something a tourist would go to, because of their business model...

Your wisdom discredits wisdom.

Last edited by ormari; 08-15-2022 at 06:38 PM..

Old 08-15-2022, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
Whatever. I spend lots of time in Olneyville. I might even live in Olneyville, or I might not. I use the bike path regularly, without issue.

You're not looking out for anyone. You just spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Olneyville New York System is visited by countless people, city residents and tourists alike. Alton Brown went there.

La Lupita is an unassuming place to pick up a taco, a burrito, etc. It's not fancy, it's not trendy. It's just a place the denizens go. I'm not putting it on a tourist list, and I haven't looked to see if it already is on one.

I also mentioned recycle a bike. It's a good place with a good mission.

I've already spoken to Butterbang. That isn't something a tourist would go to, because of their business model...

Your wisdom discredits wisdom.

Look maybe you should start a new thread for reviewing local businesses. This discussion here is about neighborhood safety, and I find it incredibly irresponsible that you are promoting such a dangerous area of the city for tourism.

And do what suits you, but that bike path is NOT a safe place to be at any hour of the day. Shame on you for downplaying the activity that goes on along there. It's truly despicable.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:20 PM

4,402 posts, read 3,195,009 times
Quote:

And yet you never learn. You know what they say about continually doing the same thing and expecting different results. Makes one question your wisdom, sir. Or at least your judgment.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
And yet you never learn. You know what they say about continually doing the same thing and expecting different results. Makes one question your wisdom, sir. Or at least your judgment.
Never learn what? I mean, I've pretty much given up on trying to steer this guy in the right direction. All information I provide from this point on, is pretty much geared towards the uninformed just trying to get an accurate picture of things. And of course, I'll accept intelligent discussion with anybody who has the interest and capacity.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:05 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Look maybe you should start a new thread for reviewing local businesses. This discussion here is about neighborhood safety, and I find it incredibly irresponsible that you are promoting such a dangerous area of the city for tourism. And do what suits you, but that bike path is NOT a safe place to be at any hour of the day. Shame on you for downplaying the activity that goes on along there. It's truly despicable.
Says someone living in Maine (or somewhere else not in RI) to someone actually living in Providence. How rich. This fellow knows no irony - or shame.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Says someone living in Maine (or somewhere else not in RI) to someone actually living in Providence. How rich. This fellow knows no irony - or shame.
You constantly bang that drum, but seriously have you ever checked his proof of residency? Much of what he posts is quite suspect, for one who claims to have been in RI for as long as he has.

Maybe perhaps start worrying about the topic, as opposed to where you think everybody lives? Food for thought...

Old 08-16-2022, 05:28 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
You constantly bang that drum, but seriously have you ever checked his proof of residency? Much of what he posts is quite suspect, for one who claims to have been in RI for as long as he has.
The veracity & detail of ormari's posts confirm he intimately knows the ground he covers. You, on the other hand, are obviously a "not of the place" copy/paste crime narrator whose motives can only be described as out & out creepy.

Old 08-16-2022, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
The veracity & detail of ormari's posts confirm he intimately knows the ground he covers. You, on the other hand, are obviously a "not of the place" copy/paste crime narrator whose motives can only be described as out & out creepy.
Sigh. His posts show that he knows how to use Google. What's not googled, tends to be widely inaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island