Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 09:59 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times

Advertisements

Yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 09:33 PM

7,025 posts, read 4,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
My tired eyes are probably not getting this ghost hunting thing.
I’ve been up since about 3:30 this morning.

Hobbies?
I’m the king of hobbies.
One of which is guns.
So I went to the gun store up north and got along really well with the owner of the store.
He actually said he would show me the local off the road shooting spot and show me where to hunt.
I have collecting guns for years and now should probably do my hunter safety course to help with food.
I dig going out open water kayaking and diving to spearfish and used to hunt abalone when it was legal.
Then there is my love for old Harley’s and super bikes.
I do weird stuff like that.
Ghost hunting is fun.

And your hobbies are not weird. I'm the one who breeds and shows model horses. Now that's weird.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:16 PM

I will actually look into ghost hunting rodentraiser.
If you could possibly point me in the right direction that would be cool.
It sounds like fun.
The wife and I rented a house that acted weird.
Really weird.
We found out that there was 2 violent deaths in it 60 days before we rented it.
I believe there is unmeasurable energy out there.
All the best.
Andy.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:03 AM

7,025 posts, read 4,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I will actually look into ghost hunting rodentraiser.
If you could possibly point me in the right direction that would be cool.
It sounds like fun.
The wife and I rented a house that acted weird.
Really weird.
We found out that there was 2 violent deaths in it 60 days before we rented it.
I believe there is unmeasurable energy out there.
All the best.
Andy.
The last I hears there were 65 ghost hunting groups in Washington state and none on the Kitsap peninsula. I've joined three in the last 15 years and 2 of them bit the dust and the third one never got off the ground.

Honestly, your best option is to look on Meetup.com or just google 'ghost hunting groups Washington state'. That might bring up a few web pages. I can't ghost hunt myself right now because of how bad my back's gotten. I can't walk for more than a few minutes.

One thing I will tell you, be prepared to travel.

You can scroll down on this link to WASHINGTON and check out some of the groups here. I don't know how many are still active, though.

Ghost Hunter Teams Listing

It actually is fun, but a lot depends on the team. Most of them are interested in helping out people who think they live in a haunted house. Me, now, I just wanted to search for ghosts. Then there's groups that are sort of touchy-feely. They're the ones I would kind of stay away from. I was with a group once that would pray and pass the sage protection around before they investigated anything. I'm not real big into doing things like that. I never worried about demons or ghosts coming home with me or any of that stuff. Mainly I was just trying to catch stuff on camera or video and I did have a few interesting experiences.

You don't want to be trespassing on someone's property and most cemeteries won't allow you to be in there after it gets dark. Plus I don't recommend you ever ghost hunt by yourself. But there are a few cemeteries around the Bremerton area that you can go into during the day and I got some of my best evidence at one when I was there with a group in late afternoon. PM me if you're interested in going to some of the locations I've been to.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:54 PM

Thank you.
I do appreciate this.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:17 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,548,854 times
MechAndy, I'm just now reading your thread and got a laugh from post #6. "Now how to nicely say please call first." How are they going to call you if they don't know you or your phone number? We had some friends move to a small town near where we are in western Kentucky. Before they even turned off the motor in their U Haul truck, 3 different neighbors were walking up with something to eat and drink and some of them stayed to help unload the truck. We sit on the front porch occasionally and have had people who are walking down the street (we live in a town of 10,000) stop and visit for a little while. Some we knew and a couple we didn't. With not living there full time yet it wouldn't hurt to get acquainted with one or two of your neighbors so they can keep an eye on your place and give them your number in case of emergency.
Like an old man I knew used to say,"It don't cost a damn dime to be friendly to somebody you don't know."

Old 04-04-2019, 04:38 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,521,333 times
Sorry to disagree kygman, I remember sitting in my rural weekend cabin in ME with friends, and friends of friends, yucking it up having a good time. A few weeks went by, went to my cabin and my Woodstove was gone. We left the windows and doors unlocked, the thieves didn't even try the door, went through a rear window. To this day I believe my so called friends or theirs stole my stove from me.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:09 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,707,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
Sorry to disagree kygman, I remember sitting in my rural weekend cabin in ME with friends, and friends of friends, yucking it up having a good time. A few weeks went by, went to my cabin and my Woodstove was gone. We left the windows and doors unlocked, the thieves didn't even try the door, went through a rear window. To this day I believe my so called friends or theirs stole my stove from me.
Could have been a drug-addicted son or daughter of a friend and the friend didn’t even know the kid stole something. That’s the problem with trusting one person; it doesn’t mean that others related to that person through blood or friendship are trustworthy.

We’ve seen this too many times already.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:46 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,521,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
could have been a drug-addicted son or daughter of a friend and the friend didn’t even know the kid stole something. That’s the problem with trusting one person; it doesn’t mean that others related to that person through blood or friendship are trustworthy.

We’ve seen this too many times already.
+1

Old 04-04-2019, 05:26 PM

14,494 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post

Sorry but... Didn't try the door? I bet they did. They didn't take a woodstove out through a window. They are a little heavy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living