Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Would this have been the same outcome if a local citizen were pulled over with no license, insurance, and no vehicle registration?
Yes. These are things you are required to have with you while driving. If someone can't follow the rules this site may help:
VIA Metropolitan Transit

Old 07-10-2010, 11:51 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,752 times
Alamo Heights also does major racial profiling i see it outside my office everyday, if you have a crappy car and look like you dont belong there i bet you get a ticket. I personally think its wrong.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:13 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
they have learned that DC is backing illegal immigration 100%. the race card has found a nesting place, civil rights law and personal injury law is trumping all other law.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:18 AM

66 posts, read 166,432 times
At least try to deport her. Possibly one less person taxing our system.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 AM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Why do they "have got to be kidding"? Because they don't want low lifes in their neighborhood, casing the homes and planning their next home invasion/robbery? I happen to agree with them! And this goes for any race of low-class people. I am a former prison employee, and you better believe if there are pos vehicles driving around in a nice neighborhood the residents better be concerned and pay attention. People who live in nice neighborhoods are not all rich, but they all have the intelligence and income necessary to support their lifestyle, and we certainly do not want losers helping themselves and endangering our families lives.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:54 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alane7 View Post
You have GOT to be kidding?
I've seen similar attitudes from people from their original location for years - it's quite common in a lot of areas there.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:40 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,232,821 times
The woman who was pulled over by Shavano Park PD stated the officer didn't tell her why she was being stopped, but the report noted she had an expired State Inspection Sticker. That alone is grounds for a traffic stop.

Suburban law enforcement agencies are notorious for strict enforcement of traffic laws, and will stop motorists for the most minor infractions, like inspection stickers, registrations, no front plate, failure to signal a turn, etc. I can't see where the woman in this case was treated any worse than anyone else would have been, given the circumstances. The officer needed to establish the identity of the woman, and apparently her Mexican ID, although expired, was sufficient. Had she not had any ID at all, they likely would have had to take her in and hold her until identity could be established.

It was interesting to note that in spite of all the hoopla surrounding this incident, no formal complaint had been filed as of the date of the press conference & news reports.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:06 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
More Media mayhem....

Honestly she might of been a tourist using one of their families car who knows, some cops let tourist go with a warning. seems like a slow news weekend at KSAT.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 AM

151 posts, read 299,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Why do they "have got to be kidding"? Because they don't want low lifes in their neighborhood, casing the homes and planning their next home invasion/robbery? I happen to agree with them! And this goes for any race of low-class people. I am a former prison employee, and you better believe if there are pos vehicles driving around in a nice neighborhood the residents better be concerned and pay attention. People who live in nice neighborhoods are not all rich, but they all have the intelligence and income necessary to support their lifestyle, and we certainly do not want losers helping themselves and endangering our families lives.
Where do their freedoms stop and yours begin? Everyone driving a less than stellar car in a bad neighborhood is "casing" the place? Puhleeze! What about all of the people that they employ to clean their houses and do their lawn care or put in that pricey marble flooring? This is THE most asinine turnout of a thread in this forum since I starting reading it. It's offensive and just reiterates my belief that, on the whole, most people suck.

One more thing, being a former prison employee does not make you an expert on identifying what cars criminals drive but it does give you a lifelong distrust of people that could very well be good tax paying citizens.

Last edited by alane7; 07-11-2010 at 09:41 AM..

Old 07-11-2010, 10:07 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
I completely agree with the police officer pulling over this driver. Anyone who has lived in San Antonio for more than a year knows that Shavano Park is not a place to go over 35 or to have an expired inspection sticker. Heck, I've lived just outside the SP city limits for 23 years and I think I've gone over 35 like twice in my life and have cringed in fear that I might get pulled over. Driving with an expired license or ID would drive me bonkers.

What makes me mad is the Southwest Workers Union jumping all over it like crazy, calling a press conference and making it an issue without even a formal complaint issued as of the last media report. Jaime Martinez is such a nut case. But, that's just my opinion.

But you all saying that this person should not be driving in a beat up car in a neighborhood that is deemed a bit classier than others is outrageous. We have no idea what type of car she was driving. She could have been driving a Lexus.

Have you all ever heard of not throwing stone at a glass house? My goodness. God forbid someone not have an '09-10 new BMW like you.

I don't like driving around my '04 Jetta with 78,000 miles on it and beat up tires that doesn't mean I'm "casing" someone's house in Alamo Heights. I might be going to Central Market to pick up some organic rice or going to Shavano Park to visit some high school friends or even to Fair Oaks for a home visit for work. Talk about profiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio