Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 03:26 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,140,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
Hmm... I thought there would be one large event or something. I guess having to drive all over the city to find small celebrations here and there is sort of disappointing to me.
At one point in time, there was one event: History of Fiesta « Fiesta San Antonio
Some events are larger than others: Oyster Bake, Battle of Flowers parade are some of the largest that come to mind. Some events overlap each other though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 03:26 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,661,621 times
The night parade is fun to be at and see downtown. Pick what side of town you are in and see what's up!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:10 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,624,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmke View Post
drunkfest
Not even close. There are MANY events that do not feature drinking as the main attraction. Ever been to the Fiesta Arts Fair? I didn't think so. Ever been to one of the many neighborhood home tours? I didn't think so. Gartenfest? The parades? King William Fair?

Old 04-08-2011, 05:26 PM

824 posts, read 1,818,172 times
Quote:
Hmm... I thought there would be one large event or something. I guess having to drive all over the city to find small celebrations here and there is sort of disappointing to me.
Well, that's not really true. It's lots of small AND large events.

NIOSA and all the parades are HUGE events. King William Fair has grown into the same. It's a ton of fun, but, like most things in life, it requires the right attitude.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM

824 posts, read 1,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Not even close. There are MANY events that do not feature drinking as the main attraction. Ever been to the Fiesta Arts Fair? I didn't think so. Ever been to one of the many neighborhood home tours? I didn't think so. Gartenfest? The parades? King William Fair?
Correct. Comments from people like this make me happy they don't come to the Fiesta events...they're probably happier sitting in their livingrooms with their arms crossed...scowling...

Old 04-08-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
Correct. Comments from people like this make me happy they don't come to the Fiesta events...they're probably happier sitting in their livingrooms with their arms crossed...scowling...
Yep, and not taking up space at Fiesta events. Of course they're also accusing the rest of us of being drunk, but whatever. WE know the truth!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,424,403 times
Never been and never will, but I'm sure it's a bunch of stinky, sweaty, disgusting drunks with some gang bangers and wannabe thugs sprinkled in. Apparently there are also a couple of normal ones too, but that's most likely the exception....

Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 PM

615 posts, read 1,525,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post

No... we drove down to the Marketplace tonight around 6PM to check out a "Fiesta Event". It was an alleyway filled with vendors selling various fair-like food, with local areas charging 10+ dollars for parking anywhere within a 5 block radius. From what I could tell it was just a bunch of people carrying around booze and some crappy vendor food.

So please, don't say I would rather sit in my house and scowl.

We went last weekend to the Poteet Strawberry Festival and it was excellent. What I saw today from both the morning and evening, it was quite disappointing compared to what some people hype it up to be.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Never been and never will, but I'm sure it's a bunch of stinky, sweaty, disgusting drunks with some gang bangers and wannabe thugs sprinkled in. Apparently there are also a couple of normal ones too, but that's most likely the exception....
You've never been yet you choose to insult every single person who attends Fiesta events? Nice.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-10-2012 at 06:57 PM..

Old 04-08-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
No... we drove down to the Marketplace tonight around 6PM to check out a "Fiesta Event". It was an alleyway filled with vendors selling various fair-like food, with local areas charging 10+ dollars for parking anywhere within a 5 block radius. From what I could tell it was just a bunch of people carrying around booze and some crappy vendor food.

So please, don't say I would rather sit in my house and scowl.

We went last weekend to the Poteet Strawberry Festival and it was excellent. What I saw today from both the morning and evening, it was quite disappointing compared to what some people hype it up to be.
You went to ONE event. ONE. Did you even read the earlier posts about how there are MANY Fiesta events, appealing to all kinds of people?

Before you dog on all Fiesta events, try another one. How about Fiesta in Blue? Surely even you haters can appreciate the Air Force Band of the West. Maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio