Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:24 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times

Advertisements

This forum sure does help explain why there are so many special people in SA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
So the dogs were born vicious, eh? I suppose murderers are born that way too? It would suck to be your kids.. talk about ignorance. Poor things.

BTW, you put someone's dog down for them and they might return the favor to YOU...
Let's see. Would let your little child play with a poodle or a pitbull? Both can bite but I would rather defend myself against a poodle over a pitbull. Of course that is somewhat dependent on how the owner treats the dog but they are still ticking time bombs.

There is a reason it is difficult to get an apartment with certain breeds. There is a reason why some breeds are even banned in some places.

I like dogs but I don't always trust them. My sister had a pitbull and she had to put it to sleep when it was attacking her other dogs because no one would adopt it. That was when she was living in another state.

May be easier to adopt out these aggressive breeds in Texas though.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:47 PM

I had absolutely zero issues with my granddaughter around my chow because I know I raised the dog right. You have to be the alpha and people with these issues are failures as owners. My dogs absolutely know who is boss and they always listen to me.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:51 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,408,282 times
OP: Please post a message on KSAT's facebook page at >>> KSAT 12 & KSAT.com - TV Channel - San Antonio, TX | Facebook

Put on your subject: Attention News Editor Bernice Kearney.

Goodluck!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:20 PM

522 posts, read 1,132,877 times
broke through the fence? it's like something out of bad action movie!

as others have said, get a lawyer and it would be worth getting the news involved in the matter, getting people's attention on situations like this.

and to those worried about legal actions being taken against *them* for protecting themselves against an attacking dog; just think about all the very awful and illegal things people do with and to animals and get away with everyday in this city. if no one's bothering to enforce basic laws about the basic care and treatment of animals, then i don't think they're going to waste their time enforcing one on you for protecting themselves. then again, some times this city seems ass backwards in the way it enforces laws.

it's not that i don't have sympathy for this kind of situation; it happens way too often (i've got a pretty hilarious/scary story about a friend of mine's encounter with a very aggressive stray.) but situations like this really do a stellar job at highlighting the problems this city has with pet ownership. when dogs are treated like objects, like disposable things. when they aren't cared for. i would not be surprised if those dogs were kept in that backyard all their lives, or if the owners fostered aggressive behavior or didn't bother addressing it when it blossomed.

some people just shouldn't have dogs if they aren't going to bother giving a **** about them.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:23 PM

9 posts, read 14,415 times
Thanks so much for all the feedback. Every time I think about what happened I cry. It's the most helpless feeling in the world, seeing your 15 lbs dogs being ripped apart by 3 huge rotties. I'm dealing with my own pain from where they attacked me, but I'm going down to ACS today to talk to them in person and I'm bring along all my gory pictures of the wounds. I can't get any answers on the phone and they keep saying they can't do anything about a "bite". As if all those dogs did was nip us.

I'm letting my attorney handle the lawsuit against the homeowners. But I need to let ACS know they have a duty to protect the community. I'm just outraged the dogs will be returned to the owner and will allow this to happen again. My husband went down to Councilman Carlton Soules office today to ask for help. If anyone is in district 10, please send a quick email about the seriousness of this issue to him. I will not allow this to happen to another innocent person.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,808 times
did you attempt to work it out with the owners first? while i also would consult a lawyer person, id at least make one attempt to get the owners insurance info.

unless youre dealing with a type of person that has a 'cultural resistance' to reporting stuff like this... it should be a no brainer, especially if the dogs broke down a fence, that the owners are 100% liable for the damages their mutts caused.

i dont know about putting them to sleep, but at the most they shouldnt be allowed to keep dogs they cant properly restrain.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,411,503 times
Those dogs need to be put down. Period, end of story. The owners need to be fined.

That's simple and effective, and frankly, if it were done more often, people wouldn't be chomping at the bit to have...THREE ROTTIES??? Did I hear that right? Seriously? In a SUBDIVISION?! Who needs that? Ridiculous!!

We have a neighbor behind us that have an intact male and female Rottweilers, and they have both dug a hole under our common fence. We've had to put rocks under there because the owners don't do anything. I have two children under 6. I guarantee you that if those dogs ever, ever get in my yard when my kids are playing, I'm unloading my husband's Browning into their little brains.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Those dogs need to be put down. Period, end of story. The owners need to be fined.

That's simple and effective, and frankly, if it were done more often, people wouldn't be chomping at the bit to have...THREE ROTTIES??? Did I hear that right? Seriously? In a SUBDIVISION?! Who needs that? Ridiculous!!

We have a neighbor behind us that have an intact male and female Rottweilers, and they have both dug a hole under our common fence. We've had to put rocks under there because the owners don't do anything. I have two children under 6. I guarantee you that if those dogs ever, ever get in my yard when my kids are playing, I'm unloading my husband's Browning into their little brains.
unless they have a permit, they arent allowed to have in-tact animals anymore.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:57 PM

The owners neglect, the owner failed, the owner, the owner, the owner.. so put down the dog. It's like people can't even do simple math. Read all these posts about the different incidents and it keeps coming back to the owner, but the solution is to kill the dog. A few get it, but too many are just having serious issues with basic logic. This is like something you would test the IQ of a 5 year old with..

It's definitely hard being an animal lover around these parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio