Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 06:48 AM

410 posts, read 923,989 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the photos! My heart goes out to the desperate attempt by car owner's note pleading not to be towed and then I went on to the next photo w Chubby Chaser van and busted out laughing. Have a good Friday San Antonio!!

Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,033,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
And lose money for the towing company? Let's get our priorities straight here.

Really though, we don't know where it was parked, what it was blocking, etc. There is another side to the story.
I was being facetious. Sorry I didn't make it obvious enough :-)

Old 05-25-2012, 04:21 PM

334 posts, read 915,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
WTH?

Sorry for the poor quality photo. The back window says "Bones are for dogs! Meat is for men"
I confess I'm evil. I had a thought that if I knew the owner, I'd ask to borrow the van, and then I'd honk, wink, and wave to any and all slim and attractive women I saw... just to see the reaction.

"Oh god, I hate when men do that, and look at what he's driving, eww... wait a minute... Oh my god, I knew I looked fat in these jeans! Damn that salesgirl, why must I learn these things from passing pervs!"

Old 05-25-2012, 09:56 PM

890 posts, read 1,850,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I was being facetious. Sorry I didn't make it obvious enough :-)

Sometimes, you really can't tell. Because you just know the owner of the car was screaming that when they went to get it out of impound.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 AM

332 posts, read 529,746 times
Default thought i'd seen it all.. intersection of S military / s i35

at around 12 today, i was at this intersection on business. there was a female cop (kinda cute) writing a ticket to a truck that was pulled over onto the curb. figured an accident or something happened...

yeah right.

lady cop finishes her business, starts to walk against traffic and is staring at peoples inspection / registration stickers! SERIOUSLY, do you not have something better to do than clog traffic (people were going slow to avoid her while she's walking through traffic as the light is green) Moderator cut: not permitted???

my gods, what has happened to the police nowadays?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 05-30-2012 at 12:11 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times
That would be a stupid location to choose to ticket motorists for invalid inspection stickers. Like parking tickets, inspection stickers aren't much of a threat to our safety. I'd prefer they spend a little time policing the neighborhoods. Catch some of the morons doing 60mph and running stop signs in residential areas. It seems our police these days are not so much concerned with traffic safety.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessQQmorePEWPEW View Post
at around 12 today, i was at this intersection on business. there was a female cop (kinda cute) writing a ticket to a truck that was pulled over onto the curb. figured an accident or something happened...

yeah right.

lady cop finishes her business, starts to walk against traffic and is staring at peoples inspection / registration stickers! SERIOUSLY, do you not have something better to do than clog traffic (people were going slow to avoid her while she's walking through traffic as the light is green) Moderator cut: not permitted???

my gods, what has happened to the police nowadays?
You do not know if she was writting a ticket. You dont have a clue what she was doing. You just know what it looked like...to you.

You do not know what she was walking along the side of the road, you dont know what she was looking for. You just know what it looked like...to you.

She could have been taking a statement. She could have been looking for a person that she was just told about. She could have been doing all kinds of things that you would not have a clue about. You were not privy to that information, you just know what it looked liked...to you. Of course, you could be right but you would not know that.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:14 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times
While driving and snooping the other day we discovered these. I have a few ideas what they could be or have been used for. I'd be interested in ideas or has anyone seen this type building? They were mounted on wood platforms and are made of fiberglass. Concrete steps for the entrance. They were lined in sort of a silk material ...at least the doors were.

I won't be disclosing the location at least not at this time.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:54 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,033,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
You do not know if she was writting a ticket. You dont have a clue what she was doing. You just know what it looked like...to you.

You do not know what she was walking along the side of the road, you dont know what she was looking for. You just know what it looked like...to you.

She could have been taking a statement. She could have been looking for a person that she was just told about. She could have been doing all kinds of things that you would not have a clue about. You were not privy to that information, you just know what it looked liked...to you. Of course, you could be right but you would not know that.
What do you think? Odds are pretty high he's right. SAPD's slick. Get a (kinda cute) female you-know-what to lure 'em in and then KABLAMMO! You're pulled over & a sheet of paper through the window....

Old 06-03-2012, 07:26 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
What do you think? Odds are pretty high he's right. SAPD's slick. Get a (kinda cute) female you-know-what to lure 'em in and then KABLAMMO! You're pulled over & a sheet of paper through the window....
Odds nothing. You, I nor the OP dont have any idea what they were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio