Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:19 PM

925 posts, read 1,228,378 times

Advertisements

Barnes and Noble is building at The Shops at La Cantera, not Borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 AM

126 posts, read 363,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygalbabs View Post
ya know I have done extensive research trying to get a positive on a Trader Joes coming to Tacara. However, I have had to continual post that I get NO responce from the builder, retail group or Trader Joes. It's a falicy at this point... Sorry folks
Time for a mass e-mailing campaign!! TJ's needs to come to Stone oak!!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:32 PM

30 posts, read 107,331 times
I'm patiently waiting for a Bakers Bros up here somewhere (best salads/sandwhiches in Texas). Even Amarillo got one and I'm jealous!!! My mom calls me to tell me she ate there and I can't believe Amarillo got one before we did!!!! Bummer..

Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,120,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmommy View Post
Time for a mass e-mailing campaign!! TJ's needs to come to Stone oak!!!!
Someone posted here previously that TJ's lacks a distribution center to service stores in Texas. There won't be any TJ's here until a distribution center goes in. If you look at the map of TJ's locations, you can see that they appear to have 2 distribution centers and the territory for the western one stretches only as far east as Albuquerque

Old 02-13-2008, 01:05 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,842 times
Here is the Village at Stone Oak's website - Village At Stone Oak

It includes the basic mall website contents.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:54 PM

199 posts, read 707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Here is the Village at Stone Oak's website - Village At Stone Oak

It includes the basic mall website contents.
Thank you for this info, I don't understand why I don't see more PR on this shopping area. We aren't going to shop there unless we know what's there!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,120,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abner463 View Post
Thank you for this info, I don't understand why I don't see more PR on this shopping area. We aren't going to shop there unless we know what's there!
I'm glad more people aren't shopping there. I've picked up some great bargains at a couple of stores in that center.

My guess for the reason it's not being heavily promoted is that it's only about 50% built out and occupied.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:42 PM

I am in between the Rim shopping area and the Stone Oak & 281 area, and it is SO much easier to get to the Rim (I hate that name!). It is crazy driving up the 281 to get to the S.O. area. If they would just put a Gymboree store (a bigger one than Huebner Oaks!) at the Rim, and I do kind of like J.Jill sometimes, I would just forgo the S.O. area. They have some fun stuff, but it's hit and miss. I can't be going there weekly, it's too hairy to get up that 281. I would go if they built a Trader Joe's!
I would really like a Lucy fitness wear store. Anybody ever buy anything from there? I think they could get good business w/ 2-4 locations in this town. I like that they sell pants and some tops in lengths. Women come in all heights and sizes!

Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 PM

126 posts, read 363,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Someone posted here previously that TJ's lacks a distribution center to service stores in Texas. There won't be any TJ's here until a distribution center goes in. If you look at the map of TJ's locations, you can see that they appear to have 2 distribution centers and the territory for the western one stretches only as far east as Albuquerque
I'm sure they could build one rather quickly if they really wanted to expand to Tx!
So they are expanding on the coasts, you could say we are a coastal state too Parts of Tx touch water.

ahhhh, a girl can dream.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmommy View Post
I'm sure they could build one rather quickly if they really wanted to expand to Tx!
So they are expanding on the coasts, you could say we are a coastal state too Parts of Tx touch water.

ahhhh, a girl can dream.
I agree! I have my mom in So. Cal. badgering the crew members for me about progress on a distribution center here. One of the comments was that they were looking for DC space somewhere in between Austin and SA, which would make good sense. Just hope it happens. Until then, I am carting back stuff w/ me when I visit home and friends in Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio