Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:08 PM

898 posts, read 2,563,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abner463 View Post
They are NOT open until July 21, next Monday. According to the Shops at Stone Oak website.
I think that is the grand opening...soft opening should be going on right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 03:13 PM

734 posts, read 3,016,373 times
There is a soft opening starting tomorrow through Friday at BJ's. It is reservations only, proceeds going to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We have reservations for tomorrow at 6:20 - I can't wait!

Grand Opening is July 21st at 11 am - we have an 11:35 flight out of town, so I'm glad we are getting in earlier!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:07 AM

Food was pretty good at BJ's - your typical American restaurant. Hubby liked their brew, so that's a bonus.

One problem, parking is limited! With three restaurants there right now (29 Brix is open too) I think it will be a problem on a Friday night.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
Food was pretty good at BJ's - your typical American restaurant. Hubby liked their brew, so that's a bonus.

One problem, parking is limited! With three restaurants there right now (29 Brix is open too) I think it will be a problem on a Friday night.
Tell me about the parking, it was crazy last night. Some people had to park where the stores are. What is 29 Brix? Have you tried it out yet?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
Tell me about the parking, it was crazy last night. Some people had to park where the stores are. What is 29 Brix? Have you tried it out yet?
I haven't tried it but when my husband was in line for his 3G iPhone last Friday () they came around and gave out samples of their breakfast burritos - made with little quail eggs! He said it was good. We'd like to try them for appetizers and wine first we think, he saw the menu and it is pricey. I don't think they've done enough to get people to know they are there, but we'll see.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:38 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
It must have been terrible for them to have to walk that additional forty yards .

I wish they would have incorporated at least a few parking garages and some more density in this project. At least it isn't hideous looking.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:52 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,894 times
[quote=tgannaway89;4499360]It must have been terrible for them to have to walk that additional forty yards .

QUOTE]

When I am out with 6 kids (had my 2 nieces with me), I try to park as close to possible to the doors of where I am entering. Too many drivers speed through the parking lots.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:40 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,052,777 times
That all we need is another overpriced restaurant in San Antonio. Do you get good bang for the buck or is it a unusual dining experience

Old 07-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
It must have been terrible for them to have to walk that additional forty yards .

I wish they would have incorporated at least a few parking garages and some more density in this project. At least it isn't hideous looking.
Cheermom is right though - it's not the walk, it's crossing through parking lots, and main drive ways in the parking area with no type of crosswalk whatsoever. Now Wildfish and Roaring Fork have a parking problem too, but they did put in a parking garage in the back and offer valet. I just am amazed that the planners of this didn't forsee that they wouldn't have enough parking. Don't they know the occupancy counts of the restaurants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
That all we need is another overpriced restaurant in San Antonio. Do you get good bang for the buck or is it a unusual dining experience
Which one are you referring to? 29 Brix does seem pricey, but I have yet to try it out. Price to me irrevelant if you get what you want, and your food and service is high quality. When you eat at fine dining, you know you are going to pay more. It's a choice you make even before you walk in the door.

BJ's I don't know about the prices, because they weren't listed on the soft opening menu, nor are they on the website. But they give a good experience. A little more classy interior than a Chili's or Applebees, good brews, large portions. We liked the music they played, the bar looked nice. The food was good. So yes I think you get a good bang for the buck (maybe not quite as cheap as Jim's or something) and no, it's not an unusual dining experience -but it's a casual and comfortable one.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM

188 posts, read 616,258 times
Just an update to what's new at the Village at Stone oak shopping center off 281 & Stone Oak - just drove through today and they've got a Jamba Juice (yay!) and a Learning Express, which is a cool toystore. Neither are open yet but Jamba Juice looks close!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio