Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times

Advertisements

Net Cafe? Where on Potranco is it?

as far as nail salons, have fun trying to get your wife to not pay a large portion of their paychecks.. I know mine does

Old 01-16-2008, 02:34 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,558,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Wow, how many does that make? Is there that much demand for a place to get your nails done at?

Has anyone been to that Net Cafe down Potranco? And if so, what's it like?
I swear those places must be fronts for laundering drug money!! Seriously, they're never busy, so how else could they stay in business?? And I'm doing my part to not help them anymore. Haven't been to one in almost a year.

Net Cafe - my son has been a couple of times. He kinda liked it, but sounded fairly expensive. They have internet and xBox and stuff like that. But since he's not been begging for money to go there, I'm figuring it wasn't fabulous.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:39 PM

422 posts, read 1,451,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
I swear those places must be fronts for laundering drug money!! Seriously, they're never busy, so how else could they stay in business?? And I'm doing my part to not help them anymore. Haven't been to one in almost a year.

Net Cafe - my son has been a couple of times. He kinda liked it, but sounded fairly expensive. They have internet and xBox and stuff like that. But since he's not been begging for money to go there, I'm figuring it wasn't fabulous.
LOL, bunch of oriental guys standing outside smoking cigarettes. I always wondered how they stayed in business as well.

Well, I will have to check that place out one day. Sounds cool. I've been to one in Dallas that was neato!

Old 01-16-2008, 02:44 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,558,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
I've been to one in Dallas that was neato!
"Neato"!? Haven't heard that in forever! Made me giggle, so I figured it was worth a rep!

Old 01-16-2008, 05:00 PM

17 posts, read 78,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Anyone else see that there is a Nail and Spa salon going in next to Kohls? I wasn't sure if that was talked about yet, but I'm not too thrilled with it! Why can't we get anything unique on this side of town???

I'll tell you why, because like everything in Politics and Economics people spend all of their time whining, complaining and being attention deficit that they don’t actually make an effort to get these things stopped.

Early in 07’ I made numerous calls and made it clear to the developer down by the High School that there would be many complaints coming in and onsite protest if they brought in a certain Rental Furniture place. City data is a good place to vent but we all have to get out there before hand. The developers are here to make money so they usually won’t turn down anyone willing to rent. DO SOMETHING!

Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,461,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEYHERNANDEZ View Post
I'll tell you why, because like everything in Politics and Economics people spend all of their time whining, complaining and being attention deficit that they don’t actually make an effort to get these things stopped.

Early in 07’ I made numerous calls and made it clear to the developer down by the High School that there would be many complaints coming in and onsite protest if they brought in a certain Rental Furniture place. City data is a good place to vent but we all have to get out there before hand. The developers are here to make money so they usually won’t turn down anyone willing to rent. DO SOMETHING!
Calm down there big boy...and just WHAT do you suggest we do???!!?

New flash, if SOMEONE is ready to sign a lease on a storefront, THEY ARE GOING RENT TO THEM UNLESS IT IS A ZONING ISSUE!!! Do you REALLY think the developer did not rent to a furniture rental business, or a nail salon or ANYONE ELSE THAT CAN PAY just because you or anyone else did not like the idea???? Zoning changes are about the only thing that you can place pressure on, and that is only if they are trying to change it TO a commercial zone from a residential. Business is business...and once a developer has PAID for a place, they want to initiate return ASAP. It is what it is, so don't kid yourself that the developer you went off on did NOT rent to someone because you thought it was a bad idea.

And I TOTALLY agree that we do not NEED any more nail salons in this area!!

Last edited by Paka; 01-16-2008 at 05:36 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 06:13 PM

410 posts, read 1,250,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Calm down there big boy...and just WHAT do you suggest we do???!!?

New flash, if SOMEONE is ready to sign a lease on a storefront, THEY ARE GOING RENT TO THEM UNLESS IT IS A ZONING ISSUE!!! Do you REALLY think the developer did not rent to a furniture rental business, or a nail salon or ANYONE ELSE THAT CAN PAY just because you or anyone else did not like the idea???? Zoning changes are about the only thing that you can place pressure on, and that is only if they are trying to change it TO a commercial zone from a residential. Business is business...and once a developer has PAID for a place, they want to initiate return ASAP. It is what it is, so don't kid yourself that the developer you went off on did NOT rent to someone because you thought it was a bad idea.

And I TOTALLY agree that we do not NEED any more nail salons in this area!!
Yeah! I agree

Old 01-18-2008, 08:27 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,426,117 times
Default News for Potranco!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
As I understand it, we are getting a Spectrum right across from Walmart (on the same side). It's very hush hush when you ask at the gym. We belong to the one on New Guilbeau/Tezel and they won't tell us anything. The one lady did say, boy it's not a very well kept secret. She couldn't tell us when or anything. She did say that she saw the blueprints and she said it's going to be an amazing gym with an olympic size outdoor pool and an indoor pool.
At the Westcreek homeowners meeting last night, Tom Rohde confirmed this. He gave out some impressive numbers/info - here's a taste:

-Jack in the Box coming to Madison's Market
-300,000 more people est. to live in this area in the next 7 yrs
-1 million sq ft shopping center coming to Potranco/471, anchored by HEB
-NSA biolab is coming (not solid yet) to the Research Pkwy area, bringing about 500 scientists/employees
-2008 - 900,00 sq ft shopping area beside Walmart
-A new sports park-type area next to Walmart (soccer fields, etc)
-66,000 new homes coming to Potranco (no date on est.)
-Academy's new store will be the largest yet, 85,000 sq ft
-Chili's is coming to Potranco/1604
---Chili's at 151/410 is doing about $110k+ revenue (avg store does about 45-50k)
---BWW at 151/410 is doing about $80k+ revenue (avg is about $40k)
-"The Egg and I" is looking at stores in our area

By their studies, here are the numbers for our area:
--1 sq mile radius, 16000 people
--2 sq mile radius, 23000 people
--4 - 45000
avg income is 87000!

He said maps will be made available for our neighborhood website - as soon as they go up I'll link them here....there was a ton of info given out last night, I'll post more as I make sense of it.

This info is from the notes I furiously tried to keep, so if anyone spots something in error, please let me know!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 AM

Also, some large datacenters are coming. Apparently, San Antonio has a good climate for such places - no hurricanes, no tornadoes, no earthquakes. But this brings commerce and jobs!

I forgot to mention that the sale of the land behind Walgreens on Miltary and 1604 was more than 50 mil from Rohde to McCombs!!!

EDIT - and another high school is coming too.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Went to Costco this am to pick up the prime rib...asked the manager and HE said that they have heard the rumor as well about the "151" area store coming...but he was quick to point out he had no confirmation...but I am THRILLED that they too have heard something! I'm COUNTING on it!!!
Rohde says they tried to get anchored at 1604/Culebra, but were beat out by Lowes, and are now "looking" at the area behind Walgreens on 1604/Military. Santikos has delayed the theater (rumors) but are still building one there eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio