Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times

Advertisements

When they first opened they were open in the am but had a hard time getting bussiness. It was soooo cute then, all couches and overstuffed chairs. It was more of a coffee house. They have had a hard time making it work but have held on. The food has always been fantastic and they are great people. Keep spreading the word and they might just have a chance. I would love to see more small places like this around the area.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
When they first opened they were open in the am but had a hard time getting bussiness. It was soooo cute then, all couches and overstuffed chairs. It was more of a coffee house. They have had a hard time making it work but have held on. The food has always been fantastic and they are great people. Keep spreading the word and they might just have a chance. I would love to see more small places like this around the area.
It looks like a really cute place, on the website. Driving past it, we didn't get a sense of how cute it actually is inside. Maybe if they find a new location, or make the outside more appealing, more people would be interested. I will definitely go by soon.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:24 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,425,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It looks like a really cute place, on the website. Driving past it, we didn't get a sense of how cute it actually is inside. Maybe if they find a new location, or make the outside more appealing, more people would be interested. I will definitely go by soon.
The exterior really doesn't do them justice - their landlord isn't very friendly, from what I understand. (hence the dumpster right out front, and the new billboard installed while they were closed for vacation.)

They've had to make lots of changes over the past 3 years they've been open, to please the crowds and make things work. Darryl and Stephanie have both expressed how much they missed the true coffee-house feel with the big couches and chairs, etc. Just recently they were open a couple of evenings a week, and had live music, etc - but with their location up for sale it's tentative. I can't give away any info, but they have a location nearby in the works!

They're great people, and are wonderful at what they do. I think for November and December of last year, there were days we were there almost every day... I love their tuna sandwiches, and my wife is a wednesday regular, for the potato soup!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 AM

213 posts, read 568,373 times
definately will have to check it out, have off on wed so that may be a place I can take some me time!!

Old 01-21-2008, 12:32 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,460,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
for us contractors it's just Monday

and for us mid-watch workers, lunch is at about 2:00 AM
OK...YOU must have called them and told them to be closed today, right??? LOL

Went by to pick up lunch and drag home since hubby is busy with his school work and they were CLOSED!!!

I blamed you all the way home!!! LOL

Old 01-24-2008, 12:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
anyone been here? index

We're wondering if it's still open and the last update of 1/1/2007 isn't encouraging..

Also, a coworker sent me this tonight: Welcome to Westover Link ::::::::: Serving Greater Westover Hills & Surrounding Communities

Old 01-24-2008, 04:22 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,460,328 times
Quote:
anyone been here? index

We're wondering if it's still open and the last update of 1/1/2007 isn't encouraging..

Also, a coworker sent me this tonight: Welcome to Westover Link ::::::::: Serving Greater Westover Hills & Surrounding Communities
I asked the Sips and More folks if that is the place in the same building as them, and they said that they had closed down. She did not sound like they had plans to reopen even in a new location, but did not know for sure.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:20 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
that's a shame, a smoothie sounded good..

Old 01-25-2008, 07:39 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,425,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I asked the Sips and More folks if that is the place in the same building as them, and they said that they had closed down. She did not sound like they had plans to reopen even in a new location, but did not know for sure.
I think Fruitilicious is closing, or possibly selling, but I'm not sure. They did have a craigslist ad for their store not long ago.

Quote:
anyone been here? index

This site is run by the Community Loop folks, the ones that had the big Neighborhood Expo at NW Vista not long ago. Looks like they haven't done anything with the site since they launched it months ago, it still says "prelaunch" and the links still don't work.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:55 PM

38 posts, read 172,059 times
Does anyone know what the construction company moving all that dirt on 1604 between potranco and marbach is working on? The Movie theater maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio