Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 10:08 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Does anyone know exactly where the Fred Loya Insurance Claims Center is being built?

Insurance firm's expansion could bring as many as 500 new jobs to San Antonio - The San Antonio Business Journal
151 and Hunt ln. I do believe.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I thought it was between Albertsons and the post office?

and the hair is not mine. I'm blond and the hair has always been black, plus it's been in the pizza under the topping and baked in the crust.. Sorry to get off topic yet again...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:00 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Is that the pizza place owned by a Greek family? and it's located by a small pet store. If so, that pizza is pretty good, but the baklava was awful. It totally caught me off guard with its lack of sweetness. I love my baklava oozing honey. I ate it all the time while I was in Bosnia.
Yes. Actually all their food is good--and they range from burgers to pizza to Chinese to wings to subs to stromboli to salads. And I've probably forgotten a category or two. It's all good.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
Quote:
I thought it was between Albertsons and the post office?

and the hair is not mine. I'm blond and the hair has always been black, plus it's been in the pizza under the topping and baked in the crust.. Sorry to get off topic yet again...

That's what I heard too, that they were moving over by the old Albertson's....

Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I don't like DD's pizza sauce for some reason, but their philly cheesesteak stromboli is pretty good. For pizza buffet, I'll stick to my 'hood--The House of Pizza. They are actually getting their act together lately!
Hehehe - I used to work there. Back when they had just changed the name from "Gumby's" and they had two locations...wow time flies!

Quote:
Is that the pizza place owned by a Greek family? and it's located by a small pet store. If so, that pizza is pretty good, but the baklava was awful. It totally caught me off guard with its lack of sweetness. I love my baklava oozing honey. I ate it all the time while I was in Bosnia.
I used to hang out at that pet store all the time too - ran into Sean Elliott, Big Dave, and a newly signed Tim Duncan there...it was awesome!

OK, ok, enough OT from me!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:20 PM

I had an excellent time at Double Dave's and not a hair in sight. The pizza was definitely different from the Castle Hills store, but very good. The Peproni Roll wasn't as good as I remember, but the cheesy garlic bread was really good. My favorite was this pizza that had green pepper, jalapenos, black olives, sliced tomato, onions and I don't remember what else (no meat). It came out as I was about to leave because I was stuffed, but I had to have a slice. It nearly killed me, but was well worth it.

The inside is really nice and the a/c definitely works.. When you go in you'll understand what I'm talking about. It's not that often that I get cold in a place..

Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 AM

422 posts, read 1,450,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Does anyone know exactly where the Fred Loya Insurance Claims Center is being built?

Insurance firm's expansion could bring as many as 500 new jobs to San Antonio - The San Antonio Business Journal
It's right behind the post office on Ingram and Potranco. If you drive down Ingram, they have a rendering up of what the building will look like. Also, across Ingram from the new Reyna building, Koontz McCombs has started their project. A lot of work going on in that area.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:34 AM

732 posts, read 3,553,443 times
Quote:
I had an excellent time at Double Dave's and not a hair in sight. The pizza was definitely different from the Castle Hills store, but very good. The Peproni Roll wasn't as good as I remember, but the cheesy garlic bread was really good. My favorite was this pizza that had green pepper, jalapenos, black olives, sliced tomato, onions and I don't remember what else (no meat). It came out as I was about to leave because I was stuffed, but I had to have a slice. It nearly killed me, but was well worth it.
From your post it sounds like they do a buffet - if so....What are the buffet hours? Do they do take-out/delivery as well?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:41 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
It's right behind the post office on Ingram and Potranco. If you drive down Ingram, they have a rendering up of what the building will look like. Also, across Ingram from the new Reyna building, Koontz McCombs has started their project. A lot of work going on in that area.
Thanks CreekKnoll. That area has been vacant for many years. I remember when the post office was the ONLY building around. Good to see more development in that area.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
From your post it sounds like they do a buffet - if so....What are the buffet hours? Do they do take-out/delivery as well?
They do the buffet the whole day. I didn't look at their hours, but it's not like a Pizza Hut thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio