Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 08:12 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times

Advertisements

Just finished talking to TW Roadrunner Support. My upgrade to Maxx has been mysteriously changed from the middle of April until sometime in May. The upgrade I got was a pre-upgrade to the upgrade. WTH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 08:49 PM

19 posts, read 23,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Just finished talking to TW Roadrunner Support. My upgrade to Maxx has been mysteriously changed from the middle of April until sometime in May. The upgrade I got was a pre-upgrade to the upgrade. WTH
Whoa, that sucks... WTH indeed. What area are you in again?

Old 04-15-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
Whoa, that sucks... WTH indeed. What area are you in again?
Culebra/Potranco intersection (within 2.5 miles of). My jaws are tight !!

Old 04-15-2015, 09:30 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,367,679 times
As I found out not all sites I've connected to will match my speed so not all downloads are consistent.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:53 PM

19 posts, read 23,291 times
Quote:
Culebra/Potranco intersection (within 2.5 miles of). My jaws are tight !!
That's brutal. That sounds like my kind of luck. I'll probably be in the same boat as you soon. Mine will get moved to June...

Old 04-16-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
That's brutal. That sounds like my kind of luck. I'll probably be in the same boat as you soon. Mine will get moved to June...
Just TW maximizing profit at the expense of it's customers. As was pointed out TW is upgrading in areas where Uverse is making inroads to it's profits, leaving the rest of us poor slobs by the road.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:43 PM

464 posts, read 804,389 times
I called TWC to get an update on the status of our modem replacement which was entered online. I had received an email with confirmation the day it was entered. And almost 2 weeks later no modem.....

The rep, who spoke something that resembled English, tells me the order must have "fallen out" of the system.

So just minutes after the call, I receive this automated survey asking my opinion of the rep's helpfulness and knowledge. Ratings scale is from a 1 (very poor) to a 10 (very good.)

The system accepts my ratings until it gets to the part where it asks "on a scale from 1 to 10, how likely would you recommend Time Warner services to a friend or colleague?" Again, the same rating scale applies.

I press 1 to indicate that it would be very unlikely. The system then says "I couldn't get that, please try again." I repeat pressing 1. The system again repeats that it did not receive any input and repeats the question. Finally, the system disconnects.

Somewhere inside TWC, some statistician is tallying the day's automated customer service satisfaction surveys......"Oh, a disconnect......let's make that a 10!!"

Old 04-16-2015, 02:30 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
That certainly explains why I got the initial email and then nothing after that.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:33 PM

Yep. Lets use Maxx to sign up more customers. Current customers can wait.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:47 PM

6 posts, read 7,612 times
I'm in 78259 area and nothing yet...
Did you received an upgrade notice from TWC by email saying the speeds are available in your area?
so should I reboot my modem once I get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio