Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 07:26 PM

77 posts, read 263,548 times

Advertisements

Weiners and Winns and once in a while Shoppers world and Gibsons!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:52 PM

Then you probably remember that Club on Fredericksburg called DADDIES and further down the road was MICKEY FINNS?! I used to have to have to drag my mom and her drunken friends ot of those places..then when those closed down they hit club SCRATCh where Kinko's stands now.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:02 PM

I always remember never getting on JAMMIng with Sonny Melendez.
Listing to KITY FM and waiting for the day i could get into Club Shara South on Military. OH YEAH! Getting kicked out of the Gopher hole(spare time) on Kelly airforce base!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM

I always remember never getting on JAMMIng with Sonny Melendez.
Listing to KITY FM and waiting for the day i could get into Club Shara South on Military. OH YEAH! Getting kicked out of the Gopher hole(spare time) on Kelly airforce base!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:08 PM

dont forget, You say "BRACENBRIDGE" instead of Brackenridge(I grew up n the westside)
At the carnival you see men hitting on women who are pushing a stroller, and all your ashtrays at home say PIZZA Hut on them. SAN ANTO HOLMES!!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:29 PM

I remeber all that! Also when Z-rock moved in on the radio action! The Doppelganer show on public access(i worked with dave and used to play Street fighter with Kimmy at the Diversions on Fred road). LA SEMANA! I hate to admit this but we started ariot there in 88 cause the bass player from Britney Fox spit on us, they shut the whole thing down!! MEMORIES!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM

60 posts, read 208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Speaking of that area...what was the original name of the bar that is across from the Columbia bolwing ball factory?...it is now called the Martini Ranch.?

No far down West Ave is another bar, called the Texan....that place has not changed in the past 30 years(maybe more?). Anyone know how long that has been around? That always looked like the type of bar that you could get your throat cut ear to ear for saying the wrong thing.
Well.. I'm 41 and I remember going to the Texan with my grandfather when I was a young kid. I would sit at the bar with him while he had a beer.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:04 PM

847 posts, read 2,231,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Speaking of that area...
what was the original name of the bar that is across from the Columbia bolwing ball factory?...
it is now called the Martini Ranch.?

No far down West Ave is another bar, called the Texan....
that place has not changed in the past 30 years(maybe more?).
Anyone know how long that has been around?
That always looked like the type of bar that you
could get your throat cut ear to ear for saying the wrong thing.

Primo are you talking about the Outdoorsman?
Across from Columbia.

The Texan changes attitude with owner changes.
Been there as long as I can remember the area,
which would be back to about 1963.

mud

Old 04-16-2008, 08:52 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,604,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco Joe View Post
Captain Jim's on Loop 13, the original El Rancho restaurant

The Trail,& Mission were neat nightime family adventures.

Science Fiction Theater was a favorite for me, and especially Tales of The Texas Rangers on saturday morning.
Had to highlight a few of your recollections Blanco Joe.

I took my wife to Captain Jim's on our first date. It was about 15 years past it's prime by then though.

That El Rancho was my first taste of restaurant cooking and I still remember their salsa and chips with fondness.

I am too young to have listened to Science Fiction Theater, but I have found the podcasts of them on Itunes and Tales of the Texas Rangers and Boston Blackie are two of my favorite radio shows.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:54 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle View Post
Primo are you talking about the Outdoorsman?
Across from Columbia.

The Texan changes attitude with owner changes.
Been there as long as I can remember the area,
which would be back to about 1963.

mud
Yes that was the name. If I remember correctly , I believe they had a big blue marlin on a sign or painted on the place?

I wonder how many bars have continuously operated for 30 years + and are still open? The Esquire is obvious. Mid-night Rodeo has been around almost that long. Casbeers? Hills and Dales?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio