Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM

30 posts, read 80,186 times

Advertisements

Maybe this question was answered before.. but here I go... Fonda Argentina in the Northwoods Shopping Area... any word on when it will open?.. It's been looking 'ready' for the past year or so... Certificates were available at one point at restaurants.com. I bought a couple, I was able to check their menu and prices.. only to get an email a few days later indicating they were removing the certificates from their website.. =(.. I drive thru the area every single day and that 'coming soon' sign has been there for almost a year!.. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,759 times
one day I saw cars there so I walked in....talked to someone from Mexico who said they are shooting for a January opening....mind you, this was about a month ago when I did this. It may seem like a year but it was in the summer time when they started construction on it. and maybe july before we even knew what it was...it will open eventually and thats a definite maybe.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:59 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,603 times
Did Gourmet Burger Grill at The Legacy (281/1604) close for good? They weren't open yesterday for lunch, and there was a note on the door indicating rent hadn't been paid...

Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 AM

905 posts, read 1,631,991 times
Here's a review/comment on the recently opened Spankys Burger Joint off of Culebra and Ingram..

"
January 4, 2012 Really likes it

Mobile review
by Patrick Naranjo (2 reviews)
Spanks Burger Joint I had the bacon cheese burger hmmm have to say fresh cooked when ordered perfect and simple seasoning salt&pepper, i feel as if I'm at chris madrids but for the far northwest side! A burger well returned as simple and classic with that home made touch, I recommend This Food Stop for anyone in the area and in the mood or a good home style burger and fries! Fries best fresh cut fries not frozen, and kitchen staff well staffed on time assigned spots no rushing and throwing a burger and rushing it out! I will be begging to return back for Good burger and good prices friendly staff and clean environment! ""

Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM

168 posts, read 409,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
one day I saw cars there so I walked in....talked to someone from Mexico who said they are shooting for a January opening....mind you, this was about a month ago when I did this. It may seem like a year but it was in the summer time when they started construction on it. and maybe july before we even knew what it was...it will open eventually and thats a definite maybe.
January?? Did they give you a year??

Old 01-05-2012, 12:19 PM

13 posts, read 29,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Twin Peaks may be coming soon
It has been open for a couple of months now.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,120,287 times
Twin Sisters Bakery and Cafe downtown is closing. They're hoping to reopen in a new, yet to be identified location, near the Pearl Brewery.

Twin Sisters to close downtown location - San Antonio Express-News

Old 01-05-2012, 01:28 PM

74 posts, read 239,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion81 View Post
I believe the poster was referring to a second TGI Fridays location which has closed. He was making a guess on what would become of the building, since the De Zavala location was converted into a Twin Peaks, this one would be too.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,032,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
Did Gourmet Burger Grill at The Legacy (281/1604) close for good? They weren't open yesterday for lunch, and there was a note on the door indicating rent hadn't been paid...
I think I mentioned that a couple of weeks ago. Sad to see the situwtion has failed to change.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:12 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion81 View Post
read my post again. Yes I know about the one which opened october 3rd on Dezevala which use to be a TGIF

The TGIF closed at the forum...so I said maybe twin peaks will move in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio