Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 02:09 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,772,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
I'd be fine not seeing this chain crap up an already crapped up Rivercenter.

Sure, it'll bring in the tourists, but it's such pedestrian food. There are already a ton of other places to get this kind of grub in the area, all without having to suffer through Jimmy Buffet music.
I don't think Paka asked for your opinion on how you feel about Margaritaville and I never ate there personally but I am sure you are right (this time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 02:23 PM

31 posts, read 40,122 times
Quote:
I'd be fine not seeing this chain crap up an already crapped up Rivercenter.

Sure, it'll bring in the tourists, but it's such pedestrian food. There are already a ton of other places to get this kind of grub in the area, all without having to suffer through Jimmy Buffet music.
At the cost to lease out the required spacing for a restaurant down there its not like a taco hut is going to pop up

Old 11-18-2015, 03:21 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Hey, the vibe is fun, the food offerings is "chain" but you are NOT going to see any mom and pop put up the dough for the lease, and besides, it offers LOTS of cool stuff to buy and drag home from downtown vs trying to figure out how to get home from our air travel or cruises (or paying postage on!) You don't have to go, but I bet it is a jumping place if anything like the Margritavilles I have visited in SEVERAL different countries!

Have you ever been to one?? Folks are having the time of their lives when there, and that is what it is all about. Fun, great time, good memories!!!

PS...Lots of their "stuff" is great, and their hand painted Adirondack chairs are AWESOME!

http://www.frontgate.com/margaritavi...erience/791272

Last edited by Paka; 11-18-2015 at 03:38 PM..

Old 11-19-2015, 01:43 PM

1,032 posts, read 874,442 times
I deal with the mediocrity of the original in Key West on a regular basis, as well as the one in Orlando in CityWalk. It's chain, much like the Hard Rock, who settles for selling very pedestrian food at an inflated price.

I get it, get that Parrotheads love the place, but do wish that Rivercenter would continue this 'renewal' with some interesting things versus more chains.

I know what I'm asking for is unusual, even impossible. I still have the right to dream

Old 11-19-2015, 03:41 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Quote:
I deal with the mediocrity of the original in Key West on a regular basis, as well as the one in Orlando in CityWalk. It's chain, much like the Hard Rock, who settles for selling very pedestrian food at an inflated price.

I get it, get that Parrotheads love the place, but do wish that Rivercenter would continue this 'renewal' with some interesting things versus more chains.

I know what I'm asking for is unusual, even impossible. I still have the right to dream
It's a friggin' tourist spot. Tourist like the big name chains. It's okay. Everything will be okay.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:20 PM

715 posts, read 1,356,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
That is your personal preference. I liked Taco Bueno.

It helps to do some research before making false claims too. Taco Bueno was founded in Texas and the headquarters are still in Texas.
I too liked Taco Bueno and honestly, liked them more than Del Taco. I think where they put them had a lot to do with them closing up shop here. I bet had that taco bueno been in Schertz vs 151 it would have made out better and still be around. Same thing with the new braunfels location. Bad spot for it. Even though that taco palenque seems to be holding surprisingly.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:33 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,074 times
El Jalisco Grill at Babcock/Dezavala burned last night. Guess you can count this as a closing for now. It had pretty good reviews.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:16 AM

1,032 posts, read 874,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's a friggin' tourist spot. Tourist like the big name chains. It's okay. Everything will be okay.

Um, I never said it wouldn't.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:15 AM

293 posts, read 391,816 times
Vertskebap on culebra and 1604, the grilled lamb/beef with corn and grilled veggies and feta is awesome

Old 11-21-2015, 09:55 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,689 times
Fish Grill on Bandera just north of 1064 closed it seems - sign on it announcing another Mexican restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio