Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2015, 12:10 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times

Advertisements

The Fredericksburg Rd location was also a Bikini's previously and before Bikini's it was a TGIF or maybe Applebee's (it was one of the two). It is not a great location but I always saw a lot of cars while it was Gino's.

Gino's on Fredericksburg closed in November of this year and the Live Oak one opened in August of this year.

There is some funny stuff going on. I don't expect the Live Oak location to make it past a year either but we will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 09:43 PM

715 posts, read 1,357,088 times
Not surprised about Ginos. Too expensive for pizza in San Antonio. Live Oak probably doesn't last long. This is one of those instances though where I bet in another cities like Austin, Houston, and Dallas it stays open. How much do you wanna bet.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Not surprised about Ginos. Too expensive for pizza in San Antonio. Live Oak probably doesn't last long. This is one of those instances though where I bet in another cities like Austin, Houston, and Dallas it stays open. How much do you wanna bet.
Honestly I am also not surprised it closed, BUT I am surprised it closed that fast. I don't even think it was even a year of operation. As I said before, with the yelp reviews of live oak location being where they are at right now and the price of their pizza, I don't think that location will last either.

As much I hate to say it, I would say you are probably most likely right on the locations in other cities will continue to thrive.

Maybe the old Fredericksburg location will become a taqueria now.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:03 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Is that a restaurant they are building between the two Drury Inn's on 1604 by Stone Oak?

Old 12-23-2015, 07:06 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,351,842 times
Quote:
Your right a city that can support rents above $3,000 cannot support a $30 pizza.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Your right a city that can support rents above $3,000 cannot support a $30 pizza.
Nice sarcasm. What I mean is SA seems to be "finicky" when it comes to what they will spend on certain foods like pizza. Just like that one chain off 281 and 1604 that closed up about 2 years ago. Boston's was it?? You knew that wouldn't make it here, even on that side of town. I know there's money in this town, just saying that it's a finicky type of town. I'm sure others will agree.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:05 AM

898 posts, read 2,563,842 times
Quote:
Nice sarcasm. What I mean is SA seems to be "finicky" when it comes to what they will spend on certain foods like pizza. Just like that one chain off 281 and 1604 that closed up about 2 years ago. Boston's was it?? You knew that wouldn't make it here, even on that side of town. I know there's money in this town, just saying that it's a finicky type of town. I'm sure others will agree.
Boston's was pretty sub-par though, I went there on multiple occasions and wasn't impressed at all. Dough is the best pizza in town in my opinion.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Boston's was pretty sub-par though, I went there on multiple occasions and wasn't impressed at all. Dough is the best pizza in town in my opinion.
I have been to Dough a few times and while it is certainly not bad pizza at all, I don't get why it is so popular. I hate the service there as it has been my personal experience that it has a snotty vibe.

My all time favorite pizza place is not quite in San Antonio but in Somerset called Constantino's. It is literally inside a renovated trailer house on the side of 1604 near Somerset so the ambience may not be for all. The food there won't disappoint though.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:40 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,971,361 times
Quote:
You're too far out in the burbs living amongst finicky people who love their restaurant chains. Plenty of local and much higher quality pizza joints are thriving closer to the urban core. Look at Barbaro, Stella, Grimaldi's (chain), Dough, Sobro, and all the small mom and pop joints like Florios, Valore, and Sorrento.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:50 AM

Anyone know how Torchys is doing after a year in sa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio