Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 09:39 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times

Advertisements

Nah life trumps everything. Racism, xenophobia, homophobia, all of that has been so misused as insults that it just doesn't have the same impact anymore when you are called any of these things. But murdering a baby? Yeah no. There's no recovery from that. Sorry not sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Or the fact Trump was very pro-choice back in the late 90s. Did he flip for voters?
Obama was against gay marriage so don't even go there.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:59 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,480,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Nah life trumps everything. Racism, xenophobia, homophobia, all of that has been so misused as insults that it just doesn't have the same impact anymore when you are called any of these things. But murdering a baby? Yeah no. There's no recovery from that. Sorry not sorry.
So, racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia, etc. never lead to death? Charlottesville, Charleston, and Christchurch say otherwise. Maybe you should read the Christchurch murderer's manifesto.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:24 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,620,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNinja View Post
Blue or Red aside. I see great many number of Hispanics in Catholic Churches and I have heard it say by the church that they think abortion is a moral sin and should not be supported at the balot. So why then so many Hispanics are voting for Democrats, who support, subsidize and endorse abortion. To me this is a contradiction to go to church and pray / listen to God. if its all true, God have mercy on our souls, very dark times ahead of us.
It seems to me like most Catholics of all ethnicities, nationalities and races, not only Hispanics, have traditionally voted Democrat for as long as I can remember. Catholics are all about helping the poor. The Democrats usually are in favor of spending more tax dollars to help the poor people than the Republicans want to spend. I think that's why so many Catholics vote Democrat.

The Republicans want poor people to be more financially responsible and pull theirselves up by their proverbial boot straps and not make being poor and living off the taxpayers a lifestyle that lasts a life time, the way many poor people do.

Most people are not 1 issue voters such as many pro lifers and pro choicers are, because abortion has no effect on probably 95% of most voters lives. They have more important issues to worry about that effects their lives in a direct way.

Old 04-06-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
So, racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia, etc. never lead to death? Charlottesville, Charleston, and Christchurch say otherwise. Maybe you should read the Christchurch murderer's manifesto.
All abortions lead to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
It seems to me like most Catholics of all ethnicities, nationalities and races, not only Hispanics, have traditionally voted Democrat for as long as I can remember. Catholics are all about helping the poor. The Democrats usually are in favor of spending more tax dollars to help the poor people than the Republicans want to spend. I think that's why so many Catholics vote Democrat.

The Republicans want poor people to be more financially responsible and pull theirselves up by their proverbial boot straps and not make being poor and living off the taxpayers a lifestyle that lasts a life time, the way many poor people do.

Most people are not 1 issue voters such as many pro lifers and pro choicers are, because abortion has no effect on probably 95% of most voters lives. They have more important issues to worry about that effects their lives in a direct way.
Meh. Most prolife candidates are in line with the rest of my beliefs so I start with that issue. Again, I make no apologies for that. One reason, among many, that I didn't vote for Trump. ( the first time...he definitely has my vote in 2020.)

Old 04-06-2019, 07:25 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,350,902 times
Quote:
The left of this country walks around like spewing nonsense like parrots. Turn on any news outlet and you hear the same stupid BS coming out of all their mouths. They even use the exact same phrases no matter where you turn. Then we get to come play on CD and we hear the same words with little substance. It is like they are walking around ready to be offended whether it be words of a stranger, billboards, or even pro American clothing. God, it must be a miserable existence.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:55 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Quote:
Obama was against gay marriage so don't even go there.
...but was clear in that he would not let his religion interfere with his decisions as president. He did what was best for the country. That's called leadership.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
...but was clear in that he would not let his religion interfere with his decisions as president. He did what was best for the country. That's called leadership.
LMAO he let his young daughters convince him to change his mind about this. Please God stop watching CNN.

Old 04-06-2019, 12:39 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,480,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
The left of this country walks around like spewing nonsense like parrots. Turn on any news outlet and you hear the same stupid BS coming out of all their mouths. They even use the exact same phrases no matter where you turn. Then we get to come play on CD and we hear the same words with little substance. It is like they are walking around ready to be offended whether it be words of a stranger, billboards, or even pro American clothing. God, it must be a miserable existence.
You get offended all the time just by being on this forum.

I get tired of hearing snowflakes whine about being attacked for being Christian when they live in a predominantly Christian country. It's paranoia. I've never been harassed for being Christian or pro-life, but I've been called racial slurs. I can't hide my race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio