Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 07:46 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,064,040 times

Advertisements

He's quite young and unseasoned. Maybe that's got something to do with it. I don't think he's uneducated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 09:39 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
LOL why is everyone freaking out because some people are not equipped to succeed? Have we gotten so politically correct that we have to lie about every damn thing now? So much we have to suppress already out of fear of being called one of the "-phobists" insults that people like to throw around and God forbid we throw any science back to anyone who calls us a denier. It's a ridiculous time in our history for sure.

Some people are not that smart.
Some people are lazy.
Some people will never be successful. At anything.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:36 AM

1,514 posts, read 891,389 times
It discourages me how quickly us humans resort to the tribe mentality, labeling large swaths of people, and throwing personal insults towards each other and towards the other "tribes". When we run out of rocks to throw at each other and other groups, we throw feces. Its discouraging.

So many people believe,
No, we don't have a predatory system in this strongly capitalistic society where wealth is largely hoarded by a small group of people. There is no hoarding of wealth and resources. There is no income inequality and if there was, it doesn't hurt anybody. Besides, there are no loopholes in the law and those in power are not wealthy and those in power make laws that do not benefit themselves and others with wealth and power, they make laws for the greater good even at the expense of themselves.

After all, those in the middle and low income brackets deserve it because we have met them all and they "are not that smart". They "are lazy". They are "financially irresponsible". They "will never be successful". At anything."

Man.....the fact that so many people believe the above things....I just......dont know what to say.

The same labelings, insults and mischaracterizations were made about the slaves, men with a different color skin, that they were somehow inferior and deserving of their labels and their lot in life.

Its 2018 and I feel like I took a time machine to the 1800's. How it pains me that these labels, thoughts and beliefs are so prevelant today.

Old 12-11-2018, 03:36 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
Especially when it's considered a military city and cities with similar demographics like Corpus Christi where the Hispanic population is generations removed from Latin America vote red?
From the things I've heard, San Antonians tend to get real complacent in elections, especially when it involves city candidates.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:13 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,350,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if you really present yourself in the same manner as you post on here. Do you walk into each and every room thinking that your IQ is higher than 99% of the others in the same room?
I could literally ask you the same thing? Do you ever try to find answers to your questions?

Old 12-12-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
It discourages me how quickly us humans resort to the tribe mentality, labeling large swaths of people, and throwing personal insults towards each other and towards the other "tribes". When we run out of rocks to throw at each other and other groups, we throw feces. Its discouraging.

So many people believe,
No, we don't have a predatory system in this strongly capitalistic society where wealth is largely hoarded by a small group of people. There is no hoarding of wealth and resources. There is no income inequality and if there was, it doesn't hurt anybody. Besides, there are no loopholes in the law and those in power are not wealthy and those in power make laws that do not benefit themselves and others with wealth and power, they make laws for the greater good even at the expense of themselves.

After all, those in the middle and low income brackets deserve it because we have met them all and they "are not that smart". They "are lazy". They are "financially irresponsible". They "will never be successful". At anything."

Man.....the fact that so many people believe the above things....I just......dont know what to say.

The same labelings, insults and mischaracterizations were made about the slaves, men with a different color skin, that they were somehow inferior and deserving of their labels and their lot in life.

Its 2018 and I feel like I took a time machine to the 1800's. How it pains me that these labels, thoughts and beliefs are so prevelant today.
If that is what you took out my post then you missed the point.

My post was also not advocating against helping people. It was to point out that not everyone is mentally capable in the same manner. You can google and find many studies that come to the conclusion that a persons intelligence can be directly limited by heredity. Then environmental aspects kick in which are often not favorable in impoverished situations.

Here is one...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ce-hereditary/

The question then becomes what is the best solution for the problem.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:22 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
If that is what you took out my post then you missed the point.

My post was also not advocating against helping people. It was to point out that not everyone is mentally capable in the same manner. You can google and find many studies that come to the conclusion that a persons intelligence can be directly limited by heredity. Then environmental aspects kick in which are often not favorable in impoverished situations.

Here is one...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ce-hereditary/

The question then becomes what is the best solution for the problem.
He mistakenly took it out of MY now-deleted post. Pretty dramatic response he had. That's absolutely not what I said nor did you.

Not everyone is smart, though. But hey, that was kind of your point.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:40 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I could literally ask you the same thing? Do you ever try to find answers to your questions?
I have no idea why you brought up "questions" and "search engines" twice already now. What in the heck are you talking about??

My guess it is your best attempt at deflection on what is really being discussed here.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:07 PM

87 posts, read 64,904 times
I think San Antonio votes blue because it's full of Social Justice warriors who are more comfortable with drug users and human trafficking smugglers (and resisting the law) than they are with the law abiding. You know the fix is in when as a city they vote in a convicted drug user to the DA's office and do not prosecute Domestic Violence or drug possession. Or when you see the Police refuse to arrest a drug user in front of your face. Hell, our Police Chief is currently being hit by the State DA"s office for refusing to comply with ICE. Politics as usual, or do we in San Antonio really have a problem with a Police and DA's office that looks the other way? Not long ago they initiated "cite and release" so anyone who has 2oz of Pot will get a fine and walk home... not much better than a parking ticket. No one pays those either in a city noted for people who have massive debts they just don't pay off.

Do any of you feel safe knowing the Police and DA's office throws the criminals back on the streets and returns them home to their families so they can shut the snitches up, and go back to work? Somehow, they are the "victim" while people like me are the "dangerous" ones - especially those who have personal experiences to show and public information to present. The people in San Antonio as a whole don't have so much of a moral compass. Not surprising in a place getting worse than Chicago according to the FBI. When you really get into specifics, it's inappropriate though.

Nothing to see here. Just move along.
"San Antonio is a safe city." - Chief McManus

Last edited by TexasBard79; 12-12-2018 at 07:33 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I have no idea why you brought up "questions" and "search engines" twice already now. What in the heck are you talking about??

My guess it is your best attempt at deflection on what is really being discussed here.
Oh geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio