Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:19 PM

5 posts, read 26,958 times

Advertisements

These pictures really did capture the essence of San Antonio. They even brought tears to my eyes! I'm moving to Corpus Christi in one week, and after having lived here for 26 years (since birth), I'm going to miss my beautiful hometown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 10:37 PM

62 posts, read 149,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnag View Post
Anyway, my opinion is I would live in Boerne. But I have gotten used to wide open spaces and in Boerne you are apt to find houses sitting on 5 acres for a resonable sum of money. And from Boerne you are probably only 30-40 minutes outside the city.
irnag, since you moved away in 1985 real estate in Boerne has increased in value exponentially. I graduated from high school there in 1986 (hence the nickname). I can't afford to live there now.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:11 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default Fantastic statement!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I ever!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I hope you enjoyed.
The best blog ever describing s.a. on this site, and no you didn't rant, at least not in my opinion. S.A. is the greatest and unique,yes.
Pertinent and descriptive about S.A. unlike any other statement here
on this forum.
But where are the missions , mute testimonials amidst skyscapers to the durability of San Antonio's long life and indestructibility and future?

I also hope my long rant at the beginning made sense. If it didn't, it's probably because it's 3 a.m. and I've working on the pictures since 1:30 a.m.

But the basic idea of what hopefully came across without sounding like I'm upset or something.

Good night all!

Old 12-07-2008, 04:21 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,329 times
Cool.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM

68 posts, read 362,131 times
Default Moving to SA this week. This was a great way to get--

Jazzed for our cross country move. I am so happy to have found this thread.
We have been trying for like 2 & 1/2 years to get moved to Texas. The third contract on our house just fell 2 weeks ago and then luckily this past Friday someone else wrote a contract and want the house in just one week. Not the easiest scenario, but we jumped on it! Now faced with the actual reality of moving there I was starting to feel a little scared, particularly based on the very weird situation that everything is taking place for us. But, your pictures really helped to assuage those fears. 21- you did a great job. It was a very good combination of architecture and slice of life- very photo-journalistic! THANK YOU- I am ready to haul myself, my dog and my crazy cat (who hates to ride in cars) and my boyfriend and all that we own and head to what awaits us in San Antonio! I can't wait.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:10 PM

15 posts, read 60,604 times
Cameragirl, I'll be where you are in 2010. Let us know how it works out for you, good luck and God bless

Old 12-08-2008, 12:39 AM

50 posts, read 200,883 times
Default Thanks!

As a very new San Antonio resident I might appreciate these pics even a little more than a lot of your other viewers since I'm just learning about all that your wonderful city has to offer! Thanks for sharing them with all of us! I especially love the pics of the old houses, I grew up in So. Cal and we just don't have those kinds of roots out there. Totally cool!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:13 AM

472 posts, read 1,792,816 times
All great pic but where are the pics of the Southside?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:14 AM

472 posts, read 1,792,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
I think ALL of the places mentioned above should be bulldozed as I find them trashy and unnattractive.

I LOVE THE GROWTH OUTSIDE 1604

Especially in Stone Oak.
Not sure if you got the memo but anything outside of 1604 is not the real San Antonio.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:34 PM

50 posts, read 200,883 times
Default Hmm? Where's that memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
Not sure if you got the memo but anything outside of 1604 is not the real San Antonio.
It's not? Then what is it considered, cuz that's where we live. Our address says San Antonio. Just wondering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio