Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,378,148 times

Advertisements

Roadster...I just thought about what I said in my post regarding "responsible" parents. I didn't mean to imply that you weren't a responsible parent.....but there are way too many that are irresponsible. I think giving kids access to the computer to learn at a young age is great....but access to IM/CHAT/SKYPE is a very delicate thing. I just wanted to clarify that because I wasn't meaning to be insulting to you personally.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:02 AM

121 posts, read 438,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Roadster...I just thought about what I said in my post regarding "responsible" parents. I didn't mean to imply that you weren't a responsible parent.....but there are way too many that are irresponsible. I think giving kids access to the computer to learn at a young age is great....but access to IM/CHAT/SKYPE is a very delicate thing. I just wanted to clarify that because I wasn't meaning to be insulting to you personally.
No problem wCat. I could understand your feeling about IM/chat a few years ago, but my daughter is monitored when using a computer.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:06 AM

121 posts, read 438,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

12 years ago, when IM/CHAT/ICQ was fairly new, I learned the hard way about the "education" my kids were getting from the computer. It didn't make them smart....it robbed their innocence. And I'm not talking about strangers or accessing adult web sites....I'm talking about the conversations going on between peers!
wCat, don't you think conversations like this happen at school as well?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:06 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,302,940 times
I could've sworn I'd posted this already but it's not there!

Anyway, my GF hasn't bought the candied apples but she's paid for one and told the kid to keep it and the money... because it's often older kids out there, and she felt sorry for them.

I just wanted to comment about cheap housing. $135,000 is really not "cheap" or affordable for a working class family. Even someone with some formal education can end up not being able to afford that. It's really out of reach of many SA citizens.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 AM

283 posts, read 1,836,965 times
Overall, SA is a very poor city in terms of money, education, and drive.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:57 AM

244 posts, read 1,093,113 times
Oh yeah, get this. I had a minor fender bender back in September and had my car repaired at a local shop. It was around Thanksgiving and told them I'd be needing it to go back to Dallas. I told them to call me when they were done. So like five days later, I call and ask "where's my car". "Oh SIR it's been ready for three days."

That made me so mad. I almost missed Thanksgiving. Now I just laugh about it, never trust anyone here with your stuff!

Like I said, just a general "I don't give a darn" attitude when it comes to customers. Maybe that's why I can't find a job here? Because I know how to treat customers right?

Old 02-21-2007, 12:16 PM

Or because you're black.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:25 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,250,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
I just thought of another thing that surprised us...

Even though it was in the 80's most of Thanksgiving week when we had company from out of town, we couldn't take them anywhere to get wet and cool off. Everything was closed and had been since September! I get the idea that the kids are back in school but geeze what about the tourists and really we would love to be swimming and playing at the waterparks on the weekends atleast.
WRONG! Sea World was opened

Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 PM

7 posts, read 60,921 times
these are some pretty petty things to complain about. me and my wife just took a trip to san antonio this past weekend and we loved it. we plan to move as soon as we sell our house in pensacola fl. we ate out everyday and had exceptoinal service each time. it took me one day to figure out the roads and layout of the town. people actually let you merge into traffic instead of trying to run you off the road like down here. computer knowledge is not near as important as good sense so im am not worried about that,but it seems that people do know how to use computers in san antonio our this forum would be blank. and by the way i lived in san diego over half my life so dont say its southern ignorance either. when you move to a new place you move for a reason, not to make it like the place you left so just relax and enjoy life you will never get out of it alive

Old 02-21-2007, 01:51 PM

'You can't take life too seriously or you'll never get out alive.'

-Van Wilder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio