Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,376,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m95roadster View Post
wCat, don't you think conversations like this happen at school as well?
Roadster....I didn't say it didn't happen at school....or the movie theaters...or the malls etc etc. I do know for a fact that they do. When my son was in the 6th grade he brought home a note he found in the hall at school and let me read it. Holy moly....I'm far from a prude, but this note contained very detailed things of a sexual nature that involved three or more KIDS! I took it to the school counselor and he said the internet has become the replacement for sex ed and drug connections. Especially on Myspace or Facebook and other kid/student networking. It's inevitable that our kids will be exposed to a lot of things that we have no control over, but the bar is being lowered to grade school activity. My point is, as parents, we shouldn't give our kids free reign over the internet. Having computer education and exposure is great for learning, but there is way too much room for abuse.

My kids, now 20 and 24 started computer skills in pre school! As they got older the computers got better and progressed to computer labs as a class. Both of them are very computer literate from their education here in SA.

Back to the "older" generation thing.....I probably qualify although I don't see it that way. I'm a boomer....and I use AutoCAD daily along with other computer aided design and drafting programs that interface with each other. Anyone who uses CAD knows that it's pretty intensive and takes a different kind of expertise. On the other hand, I am completely lacking in knowledge of EXCEL. I just don't use it. I can set up a table, enter data...but beyond that I can say I'm not proficient in it. It's just simply all about perspective. Data entry jobs that require speed are generally not high paying......so that's not really a measure of an individuals computer knowledge or what's being called "computer literate".

Old 02-21-2007, 02:25 PM

925 posts, read 1,229,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
Overall, SA is a very poor city in terms of money, education, and drive.
Actually, it’s not. But you’re entertaining so go on.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSASTUD View Post
Oh yeah, get this. I had a minor fender bender back in September and had my car repaired at a local shop. It was around Thanksgiving and told them I\'d be needing it to go back to Dallas. I told them to call me when they were done. So like five days later, I call and ask \"where\'s my car\". \"Oh SIR it\'s been ready for three days.\"

That made me so mad. I almost missed Thanksgiving. Now I just laugh about it, never trust anyone here with your stuff!

Like I said, just a general \"I don\'t give a darn\" attitude when it comes to customers. Maybe that\'s why I can\'t find a job here? Because I know how to treat customers right?
Funny, I’ve never had that experience. Customer service is always fine in my opinion, however, go to Miami or Washington DC and then you can complain about customer service.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:28 PM

283 posts, read 1,836,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Actually, it\'s not. But you\'re entertaining so go on.
Please use stats to show otherwise/

Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Please use stats to show otherwise/
I’d say seeing how you are notorious for making claims without much to back them up and since you were the one making a claim, why don’t you come up with statistics. Please make sure they’re current or atleast updated post-2000 census numbers.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:37 PM

797 posts, read 2,993,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
WRONG! Sea World was opened
Not the waterpark! Just Shamu and saltwater baths!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:38 PM

244 posts, read 1,093,049 times
Quote:
Or because you're black.
I don't want to think like that. But I have had a VERY hard time finding a job here.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,249,053 times
I have spent over 5 years in this city and I can honestly say that I have yet to meet a rude person. Call me naive -- but where are they at? The only negativity I find about the city is on this forum. And yes -- all these claims are total news to me.

If I had just gone by what I read on the posts prior to moving to San Antonio -- I probably would have never even considered living here. Boy I'm glad that never happened.
I love SA!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:41 PM

283 posts, read 1,836,842 times
DALLAS
Median household income: $37,628 (year 2000)
Median house value: $89,800 (year 2000)
//www.city-data.com/city/Dallas-Texas.html

houston
Median household income: $36,616 (year 2000)
Median house value: $79,300 (year 2000)
//www.city-data.com/city/Houston-Texas.html

AUSTIN
Median household income: $42,689 (year 2000)
Median house value: $124,700 (year 2000)
//www.city-data.com/city/Austin-Texas.html

san antonio
Median household income: $36,214 (year 2000)
Median house value: $68,800 (year 2000)
//www.city-data.com/city/San-Antonio-Texas.html

Old 02-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSASTUD View Post
I don‘t want to think like that. But I have had a VERY hard time finding a job here.
So did I at the very beginning of my career and I‘m white. It‘s hard to find a job almost anywhere. What is the career field you’re trying to seek employment? Or are you just in the menial job phase of your life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio