Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 09:40 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!!! Unfortunately, I too think they are making too big of a deal out of the swine flu, but if my kid had those symptoms along with that temp, you can bet I'd be demanding answers, too. I will keep your boy in my thoughts and prayers tonight and I hope he's better in the morning. It's so scary to have a sick kid!

I am sure that Alfie's mom is just looking for answers and something to blame for his death. I feel so bad for her. Life will never be the same.

This is for perticus.....another gem of a mom! This one needs her butt kicked, you first, then I'll go finish her off.

Police say shoplifting mom left baby behind | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
What a horrible excuse for a human being. The is NOTHING that can justify that kind of behavior. Parents teaching young children to shoplift too....there seems to be so much of that going on lately. What makes these people think they deserve to steal from anyone? I hope she rots in jail. Her baby will be better off without her.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:43 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,196 times
Thanks Sapphire! I just checked him again and he is all sweaty I think that is a good sign- that he has sweated out his fever, he feels a lot cooler--NOW maybe I can sleep--since I've been up with him since 4:00 am.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:47 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times
I hope you don't get sick now. Glad his fever's breaking! My son went to bed at 8:30 last night. That never happens. He's feeling OK, but I think all the growing he's doing right now is just wearing him out. That and a heavier workload at school, and he's pooped. If it's not one thing, it's another, right?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
What a horrible excuse for a human being. The is NOTHING that can justify that kind of behavior. Parents teaching young children to shoplift too....there seems to be so much of that going on lately. What makes these people think they deserve to steal from anyone? I hope she rots in jail. Her baby will be better off without her.
Yeah, she left the baby, but then she did go back and retrieve the child. Disgusting. My mom was left alone with 4 kids and she would have NEVER even thought of doing anything so despicable. We went without, which is a totally foreign concept these days.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, she left the baby, but then she did go back and retrieve the child. Disgusting. My mom was left alone with 4 kids and she would have NEVER even thought of doing anything so despicable. We went without, which is a totally foreign concept these days.

Maybe she was just a white woman lookin for a J.O.B.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:17 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
I just read that ten page topic that got closed! Where was I????? LOL! I think some of you were way too nice. Her bitterness and excuses stopped her from getting a job.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:43 PM

Ohhh It got closed before I finished reading it

Old 09-18-2009, 11:37 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,383,829 times
hmmm, looks like Nick didn't like me being in here...
anyhow, I now have a much better idea of what has been wrong with me and I'll definitely be making a few lifestyle changes.. it was not the day I was expecting at all, but sometimes bad can be turned into good. I think this will actually benefit me in the end

yes, I know I did not say what I found out.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:21 AM

162 posts, read 705,369 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!!! Unfortunately, I too think they are making too big of a deal out of the swine flu, but if my kid had those symptoms along with that temp, you can bet I'd be demanding answers, too. I will keep your boy in my thoughts and prayers tonight and I hope he's better in the morning. It's so scary to have a sick kid!

I am sure that Alfie's mom is just looking for answers and something to blame for his death. I feel so bad for her. Life will never be the same.

This is for perticus.....another gem of a mom! This one needs her butt kicked, you first, then I'll go finish her off.

Police say shoplifting mom left baby behind | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
Oh jeez! That's awful -- poor baby. So glad the infant didn't fall out of the car seat.

On Halloween 2007, the husband and I were taking our boys Trick or Treating and there was a man pushing a stroller with an attached car seat. I kept seeing this man periodically throughout the neighborhood, as he also had a toddler he was taking to houses. I had saw that he had a newborn baby girl -- couldn't had been older than two weeks old. Still scrawny and made puppy dog noises. Anyway, we were loading back up into our car to leave the neighborhood when this man tried to "jump" a curb from the street onto the sidewalk -- the car seat was NOT secured and neither was the baby as she catapulted out ONTO THE ROAD FACE FIRST!!! My husband had his head in the back of the car buckling in the kids, so he didnt see anything. The guy swoopt up the baby, said some obscenities under his breath, looked around and bolted...leaving beer cans at the scene where they rolled out of the stroller. We got in our car and followed the guy down the street where my husband rolled down the window and asked "Hey, do you need any help?"? and the butthead took off faster. I wasn't able to get too good of a description of him, but I did give police the best info I could and they said they'd look around and notify the hospitals in case a man brought in a newborn with any injuries. My husband asked me repeatedly if it was a fake baby and maybe it was some moron trying to pull a prank, but because I had heard the baby earlier and saw it moving around, unfortunately it was doubtful.

Moral of the story? We have some ridiculously pathetic parents on this planet.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:04 AM

I totally believe that story, and I'm certain it's happened in San Antonio before. However, we don't wait for special occasions like Halloween to be neglectful and abusive towards our children. Oh no, it's a daily occurrence. Babies having babies is usually the reason here (the infamous BOTM boyfriend of the mother), but we do get plenty of older parents that can't deal with life and take it out on their offspring as well. Sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio