Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 08:29 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen The Informant! yet? It looks interesting and I'm a Matt Damon fan.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:21 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,411,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Has anyone seen The Informant! yet? It looks interesting and I'm a Matt Damon fan.
Not yet,but intend to. I saw a CNBC story on the real character and his "colorful" story that was told in the movie.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:17 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
OMG this just hits way too close to home, literally. Zachary Middle School is in the next neighborhood over from me. How tragic and sad for this family. RIP Alfie. Mom thinks swine flu, but I think there is more to the story than that. He must have had some underlying health issues, even besides the pneumonia.

Mom says swine flu contributed to teen son's death | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
I had a "friend" in high school who would take her infant son on shoplifting sprees and used his diaper bag to hold everything. I witnessed it once, and I just remember being shocked by it but not smart (or brave) enough to turn her in. Thankfully shortly after she got busted with another "friend" of ours who was doing the same thing with her baby. I remember feeling really guilty that I didn't tell security, though I did tell her how stupid and effed up I thought she was. I still see her every now and then, I have never brought it up but I have no respect for her and I feel bad for her now 10 year old son who she refers to as a "pimp" and allows him to dress and behave like he's 25. I just distance myself from her and all my "friends" from hs that had kids (which was like uhh all of them) who with the exception of one, all turned to be half ass parents. In fact yesterday my BFF was telling me how another one of them was driving around town with her 7 month old UNBUCKLED in the infant carseat because she "didnt plan on getting in an accident." As if anyone does??? Thankfully my friend actually reported her to CPS.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:20 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times
I just want to note, I am not a perfect parent---- FAAAAAAAAAAAR from it, but there are some things that are just plain flat out not acceptable, like not buckling your kid up and taking them shoplifting.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:44 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,370,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
hmmm, looks like Nick didn't like me being in here...
anyhow, I now have a much better idea of what has been wrong with me and I'll definitely be making a few lifestyle changes.. it was not the day I was expecting at all, but sometimes bad can be turned into good. I think this will actually benefit me in the end

yes, I know I did not say what I found out.
RD....sounds like you've been to the doc? I'm glad the outcome sounds like it's manageable on your own. Yes....sometimes bad news actually turns out to be good.

LoL...re: Nick! He's the best! He could have looked around and freaked out by being surrounded by women. I'm sure he'll be glad you're back!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:47 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,370,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Not yet,but intend to. I saw a CNBC story on the real character and his "colorful" story that was told in the movie.
Hey there WG....nice to see you stop in the OT thread. I just saw the trailer for "The Informant" too. You and Sapphire need to report back as soon as you see it. Or maybe I'll beat you to it!

Old 09-19-2009, 10:29 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalallenMom View Post
Look at me multi-task! I got a ding dong in one hand, coke in the other, typing with my toes, watching my soaps, clipping coupons, a baby on the boob with a trashed house. It's okay though. 30 minutes before the bacon bringer comes home, I speed clean and make it look like I worked allll day long. Just don't tell him it's Hamburger Helper on the stove and not my homemade pasta.
Speaking of not telling 'hubby' what is REALLY on the plate.... I once invited neighbors to dinner, and mashed potatoes was part of the menu.... Our friends were "Bill" and "damned if I can remember her name, so we'll call her "Sue".
I kept the instant mashed potato mix in the hall closet behind some other misc stuff, because my crazy-assed husband would LITERALLY throw a fit if he knew I used them. "Sue" found this to be truly hysterical, and so I adamantly warned her NOT to bring it up when Jim was around. She thought I was exaggerating and I worked even harder to convince her that, "No, it WON'T be funny if Jim learns that he's been eating instant mashed potatoes (I worked full time and had a crappy kitchen - I saved time and mess as often as I could)....
I would boil the water and milk, put in the mix and the butter and salt, then I would sink the beaters down into it, shake them off real good, scoop the potatoes into a serving bowl, and put the beaters in the pan, which was now full of water, soaking.......

We're at the dinner table - all four of us - and Sue says to Bill, "Honey, you know what, Holly made these instant mashed potatoes and she hides the box in the hall closet".....

Jim hurled his dinner plate across the room, splattered all over the drapes, and silly Sue was astounded, and backed away from the table.
I looked at both Sue and Jim, and said, "I don't care WHICH of you cleans this up, but it better be cleaned up when I get home."
I got my car keys, went to a ("true") friend's house, and stayed about three hours. I have no idea who cleaned it up; I suspect it was the two of them together; it looked too nice to have just been Jim....

On the other hand, my homemade lasagne held my marriage together for four years. I quit making it once I figured that out........

Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
she could be related to a guy that sits next to me at work. You tell him something in private and he blurts it out as soon as the next person walks in the room. He doesn't get it either. Very smart guy, but absolutely retarded at the same time.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:36 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
My drapes start wearing mashed potatoes, instant or not, and it's game over, buddy. Lasagna is a delicious treat, but I'd sure rather feed it to a man that can act like a man. God love ya, PGR.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:59 AM

604 posts, read 1,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Speaking of not telling 'hubby' what is REALLY on the plate.... I once invited neighbors to dinner, and mashed potatoes was part of the menu.... Our friends were "Bill" and "damned if I can remember her name, so we'll call her "Sue".
I kept the instant mashed potato mix in the hall closet behind some other misc stuff, because my crazy-assed husband would LITERALLY throw a fit if he knew I used them. "Sue" found this to be truly hysterical, and so I adamantly warned her NOT to bring it up when Jim was around. She thought I was exaggerating and I worked even harder to convince her that, "No, it WON'T be funny if Jim learns that he's been eating instant mashed potatoes (I worked full time and had a crappy kitchen - I saved time and mess as often as I could)....
I would boil the water and milk, put in the mix and the butter and salt, then I would sink the beaters down into it, shake them off real good, scoop the potatoes into a serving bowl, and put the beaters in the pan, which was now full of water, soaking.......

We're at the dinner table - all four of us - and Sue says to Bill, "Honey, you know what, Holly made these instant mashed potatoes and she hides the box in the hall closet".....

Jim hurled his dinner plate across the room, splattered all over the drapes, and silly Sue was astounded, and backed away from the table.
I looked at both Sue and Jim, and said, "I don't care WHICH of you cleans this up, but it better be cleaned up when I get home."
I got my car keys, went to a ("true") friend's house, and stayed about three hours. I have no idea who cleaned it up; I suspect it was the two of them together; it looked too nice to have just been Jim....

On the other hand, my homemade lasagne held my marriage together for four years. I quit making it once I figured that out........
reminds me of a story about myself-right after having my first son- I was trying to be super mom and super wife. And of course my husband was letting me! I was cooking and cleaning and nursing and changing pampers...and so on. In the middle of all this-he asked me to fix him an omlette, well the baby was crying and hubby was sitting on the couch drinking his coffee. I just blew up like a crazy hormonal person!!! I came out of the kitchen yelling about what a no good lazy a$$ good for nothing @#!$ he was and THREW his omlette (plate and all) at him..eggs were everywhere!!!! The look on his face was priceless!!!! Then I took of and went to my mommy's house for a few hours. When I came home- all was cleaned, baby was fed and content I just went crazy for a little while, its kinda funny now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio