Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 05:41 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times

Advertisements

Had Logan's Roadhouse for a staff luncheon today. I have never eaten there. I was surprised at how good the food was. I wasn't in the mood to try the burger since I just had that the other day so I just ordered chicken with a house salad and the fries. The ranch dressing was very very good. Other staff had fish, a burger, a soup and side, and couple of people had steaks. No complaints from anyone in the group, which is highly unusual. This was the I-10 location near DeZavala. The rolls were pretty good, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 10:37 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times
Had roaring fork for happy hour, and not bad $4 off apps, and good drink specials.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:50 PM

42 posts, read 215,503 times
Rome's at West & Bitters update:

It's now called Marzo's, and the same people from Rome's are running it. They wanted to add hamburgers to their menu, and the Rome's owners wouldn't let them do it, so they just broke off ties with Rome's and bought the business from them.

I ordered a pizza last week for delivery, and the food was exactly the same. What a relief!

Old 04-30-2010, 02:09 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlibrarian View Post

It's now called Marzo's, and the same people from Rome's are running it. They wanted to add hamburgers to their menu, and the Rome's owners wouldn't let them do it, so they just broke off ties with Rome's and bought the business from them.

I ordered a pizza last week for delivery, and the food was exactly the same. What a relief!
Wow, what a coincidence! I ate lunch there yesterday for the first time since they changed their name. Ordered an Italian Sub. My parents grew up in New Jersey and much of my family is still there. I grew up eating hoagies, subs, and heros on the East coast. This place was as good as anything I've eaten over there. Very Authentic, I'm taking my mom there Saturday. I got the 12 inch, and only ate half, this ain't you're Subway footlong. And yet, it was about $5.

I think its owned by a Greek family. These guys really know what they are doing. Going to go back next week for the Gyros.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:59 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlibrarian View Post

Awesomeness! Glad to hear the food is the same!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:19 AM

I was thinking about trying out that place on Tezel Road, "House of Pizza, Chinese Cuisine, Hamburgers and More" just because the name is so funny. Anyone tried it, and how was it?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:55 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
I was thinking about trying out that place on Tezel Road, "House of Pizza, Chinese Cuisine, Hamburgers and More" just because the name is so funny. Anyone tried it, and how was it?
They are hit and miss. I've had some excellent pizza there, and it's usually at least good on a consistent basis. Chinese.....it's ranged from "God, I can't eat this!" to "Is there more, please?"......burgers, my son loves 'em, but he's 13 and really hasn't met a burger he doesn't like, save for Mickey D's. I've had the chicken wrap off their Mediterranean menu, and it was not too bad--HUGE portion so for $6 I got dinner and lunch for the next day. Overall, they seem to really try most days, but they do have an off day here and there.

Go in and try their pizza buffet sometime. It's like $6 and I think it even includes your drink. They will come and ask you what pizza you want on the buffet, so it's almost as if you just ordered off the menu. Not necessarily great if you are in a hurry (then you can just eat the standard pepperoni they have made already, I suppose) but it's nice if you have some time.

I guess I am wishy-washy about this place because I WANT them to be good, so bad. They're so close to the house, plus it's great for those times when everyone wants something different.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 AM

Thanks ya for the info! Tried to rep but could not.

We will go check it out and try the buffet, then report back LOL.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 PM

42 posts, read 215,503 times
Thanks for the tip, GWHopper. I didn't even know they made gyros! I'll be sure to give them a try. Demo's isn't tickling my fancy of late.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 PM

791 posts, read 3,960,605 times
India Oven for dinner Thursday night. Tycoon Flats for margs and chips tonight (can margaritas actually be a meal? hmmm... I vote yes).

I've been craving Indian food for the last 7 weeks and was so ready for it that India Oven could have served me *$#% on a stick and I would have been happy. However, they remain my go-to place for really good, almost completely authentic Indian food. Chicken korma, rogan josh, and my fave, saag paneer. Took my mom (awwww....) and she had some lamb and chicken tikka, plain naan, saag paneer. Kheer for dessert... yum! Never disappoints. Does anyone else have a place they like better than India Oven? I'm going to need to OD on Indian food in the next 4 weeks before I head back to Italy.

A little disappointed in the margs at Flats tonight. And by a little disappointed, I mean they were pretty weak, tasted like pre-made sour mix and made me wish I'd ordered one of their killer chocolate shakes instead. I do love being able to take my dog and hang on the patio (she was quite festive in her Fiesta flower collar), but oh I miss the days of the everclear margaritas and wall-to-wall people jammed in the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio