Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 10:15 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,330,165 times

Advertisements

Red Lobster on I-10 and 1604. They were out of salmon and the glasses were dirty. Lip prints - same for the tables - dirty.

That one still has some shake down to to. The one on 281 and 1604 as a better act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 12:02 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
What's with this local run on Red Lobster all of the sudden? I haven't been to one since Mamie Eisenhower bobbed her bangs. Are they still serving those sinfully delicious pieces of cheese bread?

On a lighter note, I got up and left from a proposed lunch at the new location of The Sandbar at The Pearl. TINY lunch menu and a chef who refuses to make 'lunch' things for lunch (like a Lobster Roll). I was not amused at the circus they called 'service.' I also didn't think that letting a customer get up and leave over something as simple as wanting a sandwich for lunch was good form.

I won't be back. Ever.

BN

Old 12-14-2009, 01:14 PM

915 posts, read 1,904,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
On a lighter note, I got up and left from a proposed lunch at the new location of The Sandbar at The Pearl. TINY lunch menu and a chef who refuses to make 'lunch' things for lunch (like a Lobster Roll). I was not amused at the circus they called 'service.' I also didn't think that letting a customer get up and leave over something as simple as wanting a sandwich for lunch was good form.

I won't be back. Ever. BN
Per FB:
Lunch menu consists of New England clam chowder, lobster bisque, fish sevishe, & fish n' chips. Hours of operation are 11:30am - 10:00pm. If you can't make it for lunch, check out dinner!

Leaving because they served what they advertised? More room for me.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:32 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
"The best steak value in town."
Steak Eaters Magazine

Lunch at Josephine Street Cafe:

I had pork chops (2), friend had sirloin.

Both prepared as ordered and were very tasty, juicy, perfectly seasoned and topped with lemon butter. Yummy mashed potatoes.

Real good lunch for both of us.

Attached Thumbnails
SA, Last Restaurant/Place You Ate At-11.jpg   SA, Last Restaurant/Place You Ate At-22.jpg  

Old 12-14-2009, 01:43 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Those green beans look amazing.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:48 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Those green beans look amazing.
Judging by the color, I think that they were previously frozen and not from the can; with added roasted onions, bacon and fine chopped tomatoes.
They were really good.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:56 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
We had appetizers and some drinks at the St Anthony last nite. Okay, so I have never been there and have never heard anything about it either. It was .....strange. Stuffy, smelled funny (okay yes I know its a historic hotel) and the food was kinda old school IMO. Anyways the Shiner in a schooner and cranberry vodkas were good.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:56 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
What's with this local run on Red Lobster all of the sudden? I haven't been to one since Mamie Eisenhower bobbed her bangs. Are they still serving those sinfully delicious pieces of cheese bread?

I won't be back. Ever.

BN
See the first post that started it all on #817. Hubby and I celebrated getting hired at Rackspace. I've never been so that was both our first time there. We went to the one on Marbach /410 and service is good.
Cheese bread was awesome!

Old 12-14-2009, 01:59 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
Per FB:
Lunch menu consists of New England clam chowder, lobster bisque, fish sevishe, & fish n' chips. Hours of operation are 11:30am - 10:00pm. If you can't make it for lunch, check out dinner!

Leaving because they served what they advertised? More room for me.

Advertised?
What, on their website? On some obscure UrbanSpoon-esque review site? By calling them and having a chit-chat? Some of us don't always have the time to do major research into where we eat: We simply count on a quality meal from a well-known name. Walk-in business is a massive part of ANY eatery's bottom line... Many, like me, will be disappointed with Sandbar's tiny lunch menu (and unwelcoming service).

Then again, this is all IMO. Judge for yourself

BN

Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 PM

915 posts, read 1,904,512 times
bad service is never excusable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio