Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:02 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times

Advertisements

PM sent and it's a different guy this time. This guy just came over and his prices were better and my impression of him was Much better.. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character and hopefully I'm right again.. plus he's recently retired military (like me) so that's bonus points in my book

edit- are we allowed to mention a persons name/contact info in a post? all forums are different when it comes to that, so I'd rather ask first and receive guidance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 04:15 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
PM sent and it's a different guy this time. This guy just came over and his prices were better and my impression of him was Much better.. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character and hopefully I'm right again.. plus he's recently retired military (like me) so that's bonus points in my book

edit- are we allowed to mention a persons name/contact info in a post? all forums are different when it comes to that, so I'd rather ask first and receive guidance..
Sorry, but no. That is what they want us to use the PM's for.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:46 PM

yeah, I read the announcement that I probably should've read a while ago..
It's cool, PM's aren't a problem and since this guy isn't a business it looks like he can post in the advertising section

Old 05-27-2007, 04:56 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
yeah, I read the announcement that I probably should've read a while ago..
It's cool, PM's aren't a problem and since this guy isn't a business it looks like he can post in the advertising section
He can advertise in the Westcreek HOA bi-monthly newsletter. It's good to see a retired military person getting a second career. I've seen some who just kick back and let their spouse work.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:59 PM

wow, I wish I could afford to do that... but I really enjoy buying things, so I need as much income as possible..

BTW, I advertised myself in the Westcreek newspaper and they somehow forgot to put my ad in there. I still need to find out why they did that to me, because they didn't have a problem taking my money.. I wanted to do some minor PC repair/upgrade in the neighborhood to make a little extra cash, but only want to work here.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:46 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,829,131 times
Quote:
woohoo, I now have PMability

as far as the pool and deck, I think I may have talked those one people out of the pool.. They definitely have their down side and it will take quite a bit of work to get it all out and reassemble the whole thing and I need it out by the end of next week.
I did find a person that'll destroy it all, haul it away, level the yard again, put in a 14' x 20 ' extension on my patio (with colored and pressed concrete) and lay sod all for under $5K. I don't know the rules on advertising on this board, so I won't mention his ad on a well known for sale/service site. I'm glad I looked there though because I have now found quite a few people that do this type of work and for reasonable prices.
Would you mind PM'ing me this info too?

We had a business come out and give us a quote to pour a concrete pad (23x9), put a cover over it. The cover will match the slope of the exising roof, shingles, etc. Also wiring for a ceiling fan and some recessed lighting. But at the price of almost $9K we thought that was steep.

Tiffany

Old 05-28-2007, 03:24 PM

PM sent and an update on the pool and deck.. it's no longer available. There were people over today taking it apart, sorta, and hopefully they can get it done soon. I really can't wait to get a patio and sod in my backyard so I can actually enjoy it for the first time ever..

Old 05-29-2007, 05:26 AM

162 posts, read 599,913 times
Quote:
PM sent and an update on the pool and deck.. it's no longer available. There were people over today taking it apart, sorta, and hopefully they can get it done soon. I really can't wait to get a patio and sod in my backyard so I can actually enjoy it for the first time ever..
Please provide feedback on quality of service rendered.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:10 PM

oh believe me, I will.. especially if it isn't good. I tend to be VERY vocal when I'm not happy with something.. I don't see that being an issue though

Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM

for anyone wondering, if anyone offers a free pool and all you have to do is hault it away, tell them to take a hike..

The guys that demolished it said there was no way it could be taken apart and moved by a normal person. Pool installers may have been able to do it, but they said even they would've had a hard time.. They did say the pool and deck were installed high quality though because it took much longer to destroy than they thought..
hell, this whole thing is taking longer than they thought.. He originally thought he'd be done right around now and the sod isn't even down..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio