Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM

5 posts, read 11,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The whole county?
Yes. I've also lived in Victorville, Apple Valley, and Barstow (Oh, God...), and have had long visits in Rancho Cucamonga & Twentynine Palms. Of course, my statements are based on my personal experience and observation; another person may have had nothing but positive experiences of SB county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 AM

1,626 posts, read 4,014,679 times
Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Redlands, and Loma Linda are unsafe? They're among the best cities to live in the Inland Empire. I've lived in Chino Hills for 8 years and that's news to me...

Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 AM

5 posts, read 11,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
Chino Hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Redlands, and Loma Linda are unsafe? They're among the best cities to live in the Inland Empire. I've lived in Chino Hills for 8 years and that's news to me...
Like I said, my statements are based on my personal experience and observation; another person may have had nothing but positive experiences of SB county. Just like how your experience has been very different from mine.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:39 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Anybody else notice that the map said "Adelante" instead of "Adelanto"?

I guess it would be the difference between "Forward" and "Advancement", which ironically are oxymoron's in both cases.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
It also mangled Kelso.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:28 PM

185 posts, read 512,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1983 View Post
Yes. I've also lived in Victorville, Apple Valley, and Barstow (Oh, God...), and have had long visits in Rancho Cucamonga & Twentynine Palms. Of course, my statements are based on my personal experience and observation; another person may have had nothing but positive experiences of SB county.
The OP should disregard this statement. The city of San Bernardino is horrible, but there are many other nice cities within the COUNTY as well as Riverside County. Rancho Cucamonga, Chino Hills, etc are nice and are perfectly safe.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Yes, the largest county in the main 48 with over 2 million residents...the entire county just straight out sucks.

With that said, I rather get kicked in the nuts every sunday at noon for the next 30 years over living in San Bernardino. My buddy is a S.B. cop and its brutal. Tons of violent crime and they are cutting back on law enforcement since the city is bankrupted now.

I'm beyond shocked everyone hasn't said you should move to Redlands. Everyone loves that city on this site. It's not a bad city but people treat it like an oasis. Rancho or N. Fontana is a good pick.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,050,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1983 View Post
Not everyone will like what I'm about to say, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I sugarcoat things for you. There is no safe place in San Bernadino / San Bernadino county.

Yes, while there is crime everywhere, I have never seen crime at this rate anywhere else, and I have lived in a lot of different places. When my friend's daughter was learning how to talk, she made the siren sound because that was the sound that she heard every night.

Another friend's husband was beaten and mugged last week (in his own car!) and a hospital employee told him that they got at least 3 mugging victims a night, and those were just the ones that went to that hospital because they needed medical treatments! The police never showed up to take the report because mugging is the norm here.
I have to disagree with the statement "There is no safe place in SB county."

Big Bear City and Big Bear Lake belong to SB county and they are two of the safest cities in Southern CA. Our family have owned a cabin in BBC since 1983 and we have never experienced a personal or property crime in 29 years. Since moving back here to live full time, we have only locked our door when we were away from home overnight.

We have never had a need to contact the sheriff (BBC is unincorporated), but the response time from the Fire Dep (who handles just about everything there is) is between 5 and 10 minutes. When my husband had a heart attack last month, all medical transportation methods (fire, ambulance, and Mercy Air Helicopter) were available within 6 minutes of my 911 call.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 10-06-2012 at 02:15 AM..

Old 10-18-2012, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,366 times
Unless you are being released on parole, do not move to SB. It is a god awful nightmare of a place. 30 years ago it ws nice, now its DONE!, anyone with equity in their home has left. The only place to live in socal is the beach or up in the mountains. SB is in a valley and the smog just builds up all summer long, it's always 10-20 degrees hotter than the coast. My electric rates have went from 100 to over 400 dollars a month in 4 years. the increase in welfare and other social programs have brought every other states underemployed to socal resulting in the highest unemployment in the nation (next to vegas). If you love your kids you wont come here, take less money, move to northern california or oregon where at least you have a change of seasons each year. It's too late or me, save yourself, dont come here.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:17 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Default Thinking of moving to San Bernardino

I'm sorry! And from New England no less. Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties