Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:12 AM

18 posts, read 78,346 times

Advertisements

that1guy summed it up perfectly for the areas of the IE. Riverside can be further summed up by saying stay in the 92506 area code. There are many upscale areas of Riverside. But it is spotty. You have to be careful. And the schools of Gage (middle) and Poly (high), service broad areas. So the schools are going to have all types. So far, we have not heard of gangs being a problem at these schools. Both schools have good programs for gifted kids. But they are going to be in school with all types. So if that is a concern, well, you cannot escape it.

Make no mistake, Riverside has some really upscale areas that blow you away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 6,103 times
That1guy had a list that was pretty much spot on. Let me add that among those, I would consider Hawardan Hills and the area of Upland up close to the bottom of Mount Baldy to be the closest you'll get to pretty consistent old, stable money.
Also, there are some scattered areas of Idylwild that are very high end, but it's mile high, so you'd have to love the mountains.

No matter where you are in the Inland Empire, or Orange County or anywhere around here for that matter, you'll be subjected to the less desirable element constantly. Let's say you chose some very affluent area of Riverside to buy your home. And you are not subjected to the need to commute to anywhere. But you still have to get around and as soon as the 91 stacks up at any time of day, it causes every other road and freeway to stack up quickly. So you'll be right next to some of those less desirables even though you live in the good area. There are no large areas of affluent residents in all of Southern California with the exception of maybe Brentwood, Holmby Hills and the like which are just basically fringe communities of Beverly Hills and other somewhat affluent neighborhoods.

It is all doable if you are looking for every day of your life to be 72 degrees, LNAEMLCAF (late night and early morning low clouds and fog (thanks Dr. George)) and you need to look at the calendar to see what season it is because if you want to know what tomorrow will be? 72 degrees more or less and drier than a popcorn toot. If you move here, please bring some water.

Last edited by 725organizer; 12-29-2008 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: Afterthought

Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM

12 posts, read 94,977 times
Default La Quinta Cove

What is it like to live in La Quinta Cove?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You might want to check out the Hawarden Estates area of Riverside. Or come out to the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs area) where I live.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:21 PM

15 posts, read 70,791 times
The city of Indian Wells is highly exclusive. Further, it is nearly 100% built-out so there is no chance of change in their elite status. The housing market in that city is almost solely comprised of million-dollar-plus homes (and even that is probably on the lean side). Indian Wells as a whole is much like a very large, privately guarded and gated community. Also of note, their public works budget is very well established and most generous given the modest size of the city. In terms of Coachella Valley, Rancho Mirage is a close second followed by La Quinta but neither are not quite in the same category as Indian Wells.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:13 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You might want to check out the Hawarden Estates area of Riverside. Or come out to the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs area) where I live.
You seem to know your way around these parts!
If you don't mind I have a few questions...

which town is the most "old hollywood" ?

which town is the most "old money" ie galleries, restored RR's, higher end consignment stores, etc.

If you wanted to open a small cafe or unique bookstore, where would that be for the best clientele and foot traffic?

If someone from bev hills or belair -expat - would move to what area if they were NOT golfers but liked older communities where young families were NOT moving to?

Thanks!

12buttons

ps do you do ballroom?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDweller3 View Post
The city of Indian Wells is highly exclusive. Further, it is nearly 100% built-out so there is no chance of change in their elite status. The housing market in that city is almost solely comprised of million-dollar-plus homes (and even that is probably on the lean side). Indian Wells as a whole is much like a very large, privately guarded and gated community. Also of note, their public works budget is very well established and most generous given the modest size of the city. In terms of Coachella Valley, Rancho Mirage is a close second followed by La Quinta but neither are not quite in the same category as Indian Wells.
So where do they go for shopping? Which area in the CV is tied more to the entertainment business? musicians, actors, directors,producers? I know they have some film festivals - Indian Wells is out of my budget - and I am NOT a golfer and don't want to subsidize in houe price what I don't use - schools or golf courses..I am a writer who prefers antiquing, going to galleries, and decorating. Thanks!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Riverside: Hawarden, Canyon Crest, Arlington Heights, Orange Crest, Lake Hills Reserve, Mockingbird Canyon
Corona: Sierra del Oro, The Retreat, Dos Lagos, parts of Eastvale
Norco: Norco Hills
Chino Hills: Most of the city
Chino: The parts closest to Chino Hills
Redlands: Southern Redlands
Rancho Cucamonga: Alta Loma (near the mountain)
Moreno Valley: Reche Canyon (albeit more middle class, still contains some higher end housing selling in the 800k), Northern part of Rancho Belago (again same situation, mostly higher end horse ranches).
Lake Elsinore: Tuscany Hills, parts along the Ortega Highway
Temecula: Wine Country
Murreita: Take Clinton Keith Rd. Southwest in the hills.
Wildomar: Hills above Lake Elsinore (very small pocket of million dollar listings, rural estates)
Upland: San Antonio Heights
San Bernardino: Northern SB
Ontario: Areas closest to Rancho Cucamonga

All these areas are above upper middle class. Some more than others. For example, the Moreno Valley, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore, San Bernardino, Ontario areas are closer to upper middle class, but still on the higher end. The majority of the IE is middle class. There are a lot more upper middle class areas. Most families in the IE make between 50-90k. Again though, the area has grown in affluence, but still mostly middle class in character.

Downtown Riverside is the only place that is undergoing any sort of gentrification. This is not on the same scale as downtown Los Angeles. Gentrification implies age and urbanicity. Most of the IE is too young and still too rural/suburban in many parts to experience gentrification.

I still would choose the IE. Cooler weather, closer to the ocean, and close to other entertainment.

I am a pre-retiree so don't need the schools or access to highways. I am looking to buy a newer home in a community that 's more mature - would love a short sale or REO..not sure if you guys do auctions like we do back East...
I am a writer so would be looking for an area that has fewer franchises and more unique stores and galleries.. I am not a golfer ..looking for 2400 sq ft with a pool ..budget around 300k..any ideas? thanks in advance...

ps oh yes, If I have to rent first, where would you suggest? Interim rentals? Rent someone's golf course house?

Old 01-09-2009, 02:54 PM

4 posts, read 15,229 times
Indian Wells is BOOORING !!! like living like "the Prisoner" the english tv show from then 1960's starring Patrick McGoohan

Old 01-10-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY GAMBLE View Post
Indian Wells is BOOORING !!! like living like "the Prisoner" the english tv show from then 1960's starring Patrick McGoohan
He could not leave ...is it that bad? Why?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,365 times
Default Affluent Areas Continue

If by affluence we are talking average incomes, Rosetta Canyon in Lake Elsinore, CA avg. household income is nearly $100,000.00 a year, and median is $75,000.00 or more. Vintage Hills in Temecula, CA avg. household income is nearly 82,000.00 a year. Median income is approx. $60,000.00-$75,000.00 a year. Chardonnay Hills in Temecula, CA avg. household income is $80,000.00. The inland empire, both riverside and san berdo county, has many pockets of affluent neighborhoods. Out of Tuscany Hills and Rosetta Canyon in Lake Elsinore, CA, I'd take Rosetta Canyon. It is newer and the shopping centers are not as run down as the Tuscany Hills area. Many of the Canyonites have been friendly to me as I scoped out their neighborhood looking to purchase a new home. There are also many joggers, people out walking and it just looks like an all and out fantastic place to live. Plus, it is surrounded by 3 different lakes. Corona, Lake Elsinore and Canyon Lake. Also, this area is close to Cleveland National Forest and appears to be in the middle of everything. Another plus is that some of the Canyonites have said other shopping centers are set to be coming to the area as well. Plus, Plus, Plus! Hopefully soon I will get to move there. Waiting for loan to go through. Come on dream area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties