Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:07 AM

63 posts, read 141,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post

An easy way to get to the coastal drive you are looking for is to go north Genessee> West on La Jolla Village Dr> Take this road for a while, you will pass UCSD and the Glider Port entrance. The road will split so stay to the left and continue up down N Torrey Pines Road. Keep driving on this road and it will take you all along a vista (Torrey Pines) down into Del Mar, Solana, Encinitas etc. You will see the physical road will change names but once you hit Solana it technically becomes the 101.
Surprisingly enough, didn't make any wrong turn. And part of that was because I did check google map instead of following shmoov_groovzsd's advice letter by letter I did follow his direction but keep RIGHT on N Torrey Pines Rd. The drive along the coast is very scenic and I plan to do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Heisler Park:
Thanks for the pic, MAK802. Now you make me want to visit the park. Will definitely check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 11:30 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,278,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoHopeful View Post
Surprisingly enough, didn't make any wrong turn. And part of that was because I did check google map instead of following shmoov_groovzsd's advice letter by letter I did follow his direction but keep RIGHT on N Torrey Pines Rd. The drive along the coast is very scenic and I plan to do it again.

Thanks for the pic, MAK802. Now you make me want to visit the park. Will definitely check it out!
Good thing you checked. Sorry, I was talking about the left you need to take at the light once you pass the gliderport and it puts you up at Science Park (N Torrey Pines road.) You are forced to make a right on Nobel Dr or left at N Torrey.

Glad you had a nice drive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego