Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2023, 11:44 PM

9 posts, read 6,881 times

Advertisements

I moved here from Phoenix AZ when I was in my 20's. Definitely no second thoughts. No examination between the two urban communities for me. I later moved to St Nick Barbara momentarily and afterward Sacramento for quite some time. Presently I'm back in San Diego. No second thoughts except for I truly do miss the littleness of Sacramento. All my #1 displays, workmanship theaters, eateries and clubs were inside under 5 miles of my home. I cherished the tree lined roads and the more established homes. (Rural Sacramento had no charms for myself and I resided in the core of the city in a 1929 house). I love being back in this environment, closer the sea, Balboa Park, wonderful orchestra corridor and so on. Most places I need to go now are under 10 miles from my home however the traffic is more extreme and the stopping more troublesome. None-the-less, worth the effort to be "home" once more. Presently I live in a mid-century current home down in the city.

what's more, by pittsburgh I mean the city of pittsburgh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2023, 12:20 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,970,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
You can thank former Encinitas mayor Catherine Blakespear for the homeless problem in Encinitas. It was her great idea to allow a homeless parking lot on Quail Gardens. That turned into a magnet for people living in their cars. The lot is closed during the day, so those people just go down to the 101 or the Encinitas commercial corridor on El Camino Real and beg for money. Never had much of a problem before that parking lot.
I was in Encinitas like five years ago. I stayed on North Coast HWY, and Encinitas Blvd. I did not see too many homeless. When I went into SD I also did not see too many in Downtown SD. Has it really gotten that much worse because of pandemic.

Old 01-08-2023, 10:11 AM

89 posts, read 63,711 times
I moved here from the UK 22 years ago to take up a new job - I work in tech and was hired and brought out here by a company in SD - still here so no regrets. Now that said SD is the only place I have lived in the US but really no complaints after all these years. I bought a house a few months after moving here which looking at the prices now I believe was a good decision.

Old 01-08-2023, 04:20 PM

50,347 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I was in Encinitas like five years ago. I stayed on North Coast HWY, and Encinitas Blvd. I did not see too many homeless. When I went into SD I also did not see too many in Downtown SD. Has it really gotten that much worse because of pandemic.
Let's put it this way. In certain areas if you are walking you have to walk in the street because tents and human waste cover the sidewalks.

Old 01-08-2023, 06:49 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,151,657 times
I live in CT. I know a few people who moved to SD but then moved back here. They regret it bitterly.

Old 01-08-2023, 07:55 PM

89 posts, read 63,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
I live in CT. I know a few people who moved to SD but then moved back here. They regret it bitterly.
Regret moving to SD or moving back?

In all the years I've lived here and people I've got to know the vast majority are still here and don't plan to leave. In fact I'm trying to think of the people I know who left and cannot think of anyone right now. There are many like myself who came here from overseas for work and are happy here.

Old 01-09-2023, 01:08 PM

5,747 posts, read 4,709,650 times
Quote:
Different strokes.

Mt wife wants to move to CT from SD actually. She's tired of the same weather all the times and the politics of CA. She wants seasons. I get it.

Old 01-09-2023, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySD View Post
Regret moving to SD or moving back?

In all the years I've lived here and people I've got to know the vast majority are still here and don't plan to leave. In fact I'm trying to think of the people I know who left and cannot think of anyone right now. There are many like myself who came here from overseas for work and are happy here.
They regret leaving SD.

Old 01-09-2023, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Different strokes.

Mt wife wants to move to CT from SD actually. She's tired of the same weather all the times and the politics of CA. She wants seasons. I get it.
Has she ever lived here before? Seasons are soooooo overrated. We probably get ten 75 and sunny and low humidity days per year. How many do you get? 200? What good is a variety pack when it's 3/4 black licorice?

Basically, our winters are way too cold, our summers are way too humid, and it's always too cloudy compared to CA.

t's like wishing for more sadness because being happy all the time is boring.

Also we're a blue state too. Maybe not quite as blue as CA but hardly Nebraska.

Old 01-10-2023, 09:31 AM

5,747 posts, read 4,709,650 times
Quote:
Has she ever lived here before? Seasons are soooooo overrated. We probably get ten 75 and sunny and low humidity days per year. How many do you get? 200? What good is a variety pack when it's 3/4 black licorice?

Basically, our winters are way too cold, our summers are way too humid, and it's always too cloudy compared to CA.

t's like wishing for more sadness because being happy all the time is boring.

Also we're a blue state too. Maybe not quite as blue as CA but hardly Nebraska.
She grew up in Rhode Island, so she knows cold weather. After 30 years in CA, she has a longing for "home". Doesn't have to be CT per say either; just anywhere in the NE.

We'd keep our home here in SD, so we'd go back and forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego