Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:18 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,307,808 times

Advertisements

I agree with MovingAloha. I dont get the whole "black" labeling and what that has to do with any part of the situation. Nor the gun packing? These folks were trash, plain and simple based on that attitude. Who knows, maybe they drove down from LA in a car for a couple of hours.

My wife and I have noticed over the years living here these cases of borderline extreme behavior happening more and more frequently especially on the freeways and parking lots. Its actually to the point where seeing a driver cut 3 lines across the freeway, without care, a daily occurrence.

earlyretirement, karma is a *****. Taking the high road is ok when dealing with folks like that. I cant imagine what their lives are like when doing that is 'ok'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,412,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
I agree with MovingAloha. I dont get the whole "black" labeling and what that has to do with any part of the situation. Nor the gun packing? These folks were trash, plain and simple based on that attitude. Who knows, maybe they drove down from LA in a car for a couple of hours.

My wife and I have noticed over the years living here these cases of borderline extreme behavior happening more and more frequently especially on the freeways and parking lots. Its actually to the point where seeing a driver cut 3 lines across the freeway, without care, a daily occurrence.

earlyretirement, karma is a *****. Taking the high road is ok when dealing with folks like that. I cant imagine what their lives are like when doing that is 'ok'.
Hopefully I didn't give the wrong impression that it was a white or black thing. Because I wasn't trying to make it out to be a black vs. white thing. I was just being descriptive with the situation. But I agree it doesn't matter what race they were. I was just pointing out they were black. But certainly I agree that part doesn't really matter.

I mentioned the "gun packing" because the girls when they were yelling they weren't going to move and trash talking were making gun signals with their hands. The SUV behind me they came out of had loud music pumping out, the car had rims on them that were probably more expensive than the car was worth.

And again, I've seen crazy driving and people cutting across lanes in freeways but I think there is a big difference between that and getting out of your car when there is a car ahead of you and physically blocking their space. Crazy driving and lack of respect is different than what they did.

I agree that karma is a *****. What goes around comes around. Yes, I did take the high road and just left. But something tells me this type of trash will come across the wrong people in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled this on someone else only to come out of a long day at the Zoo to 4 flat tires....

Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,697,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
They said I could run them down but they weren't leaving and both were standing right in the middle of the parking spot.
If you had parked at this time your vehicle would have been keyed, spray painted and the glass broke out.

For 40 years I have walked out in parking lots at xmas time and pretend to fumble for my keys, stand next to cars. Yell out loud "I found the car, and jump up and down like I am getting someone's attention. I love watching the chaos.

Myself, I park way way out as far as I can from the shopping mess.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:55 PM

157 posts, read 485,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
If you had parked at this time your vehicle would have been keyed, spray painted and the glass broke out.

For 40 years I have walked out in parking lots at xmas time and pretend to fumble for my keys, stand next to cars. Yell out loud "I found the car, and jump up and down like I am getting someone's attention. I love watching the chaos.

Myself, I park way way out as far as I can from the shopping mess.
this is kinda underrated. not a huge deal, but more walking = calories burned. i dont care much about calories but a lotta pple do. they'd get some extra exercise, especially in big parking lots, if they park far away. also can avoid situations like the op's

Old 12-28-2011, 12:13 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,957,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
I was just curious if any one else has encountered super rude behavior in parking lots here?

Today we made the mistake of going to the San Diego Zoo. I knew it would be really busy but I totally underestimated how busy it would be. The entire parking lot was full and so was the street. People were just driving around the parking lot waiting for people to leave. It was chaos.

So we were driving around a while. We saw someone leaving so we waited for them. Keep in mind we were already in the aisle they were walking down and there was no one in front of us. Then something really strange happened.

We were relieved that we finally found a spot. I had the in-laws in the car as they are here for the holidays. 2 girls from the SUV got out and proceeded to walk in front of our car. The people loading their stroller into the car that were leaving looked really puzzled as the girls were standing right next to their car.

So as the people are pulling out of their spot these 2 black girls from the SUV block the parking space so I can't pull in. These were what looked like college aged girls. I rolled down my window and ask them what in the heck they are doing and that I have been driving around for the past 30 minutes (probably same as them).

So they say this is "their spot and they aint moving" and they have been following these people from the park exit. I told them that's not how parking lots worked and if they were in front of me then of course it would be their spot. They said I could run them down but they weren't leaving and both were standing right in the middle of the parking spot.

I couldn't believe this. Never in all my life, in all my travels in over 500+ cities around the world did I see trashy behavior like this in a parking lot. I told these girls they were acting like trash. It was clear their mother in the SUV directed them to do this but these girls were grown ups. I could see their mom in my rearview mirror high five'ing her other passengers.

Just total trash. I didn't want to make a big scene as I had my 2 young kids in the car and these people seemed like the type that might be packing a gun. (It wouldn't have surprised me). And these girls weren't even nervous at all. It's like they have done this many times as they were so nonchalant about it.

Has anyone else experienced this type of thing in a parking lot here? Shocking to see this type of behavior by adults. Would you guys have done something differently?
Welcome to SoCal!
I had tons of these incidents... let's just say a "dent" in their vehicle and/or high speed chase result They act trashy--you act WORSE: They shut up. Last time there was an incident I had some hoodrats try to pull similar thing on me in the line at greyhound bus stop in Bakersfield... I just started taking my top layer of clothes off to make it clear I'll fight...didn't want to get tangled... they backed off. I got a camping axe in my car... cause i like camping. Just sayin.

Last edited by alexxiz; 12-28-2011 at 12:22 AM..

Old 12-28-2011, 01:06 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,412,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post

Exactly! I figured if I took steps to park anyway this trash would have just damaged my car if I parked there. Wasn't worth it.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:18 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,957,441 times
If you worry about that, you take cell photos of their car and them (unless you're going to fight) and call the cops (for "threats" and because the driver of another car appears to be under influence, call 911). And tell the cops to bring the drug dog and a enough bags to haul the meth off.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:16 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,209,958 times
Shoot 'em

Old 12-28-2011, 07:46 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,250,838 times
this MOST DEFINITELY not a california thing. are you serious? happens everywhere. every single town, state, where ever. perfect example of the current state of human existance. dog eat dog.

earlyretirement: please tell me that took the parking spot!!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:07 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,198,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Sorry Dude, it has nothing to do with race or even California. I've seen the same behavior over the years in very upscale Virginia, Maryland, right here in West Plano last week and even in Hawaii.

Some people do have a feeling of entitlement and become even wierder during the holidays.

So let's stop the racial crap - its just selfish behavior, period!!
Callin' it the way that I see it....every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego