Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:08 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,198,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
If you worry about that, you take cell photos of their car and them (unless you're going to fight) and call the cops (for "threats" and because the driver of another car appears to be under influence, call 911). And tell the cops to bring the drug dog and a enough bags to haul the meth off.

Best idea. Under the influence. Best tactic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM

50,629 posts, read 47,473,332 times
Had this happen at the beach. Some punk layed down in the spot. If I didn't have the family I would have been tempted to roll over him LOL. As stated, best bet is to just roll away from the trash. People like that won't have much of a life anyway. Don't be their personal jihad.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:19 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,307,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Hopefully I didn't give the wrong impression that it was a white or black thing. Because I wasn't trying to make it out to be a black vs. white thing. I was just being descriptive with the situation. But I agree it doesn't matter what race they were. I was just pointing out they were black. But certainly I agree that part doesn't really matter.

I mentioned the "gun packing" because the girls when they were yelling they weren't going to move and trash talking were making gun signals with their hands. The SUV behind me they came out of had loud music pumping out, the car had rims on them that were probably more expensive than the car was worth.

And again, I've seen crazy driving and people cutting across lanes in freeways but I think there is a big difference between that and getting out of your car when there is a car ahead of you and physically blocking their space. Crazy driving and lack of respect is different than what they did.

I agree that karma is a *****. What goes around comes around. Yes, I did take the high road and just left. But something tells me this type of trash will come across the wrong people in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled this on someone else only to come out of a long day at the Zoo to 4 flat tires....
No, I didnt take it as that from you

Based on 1 or 2 replies, it seemed like it quickly manifested into that though.

I dont know, growing up in NYC and mostly NJ, this would not seem like such a rare occurrence during the holidays in parking lots. But out there, confrontation consisted of just mouthing off, lots of single digit finger gestures but no real substance to the vulgarity. But that was back in the 80s and 90s. I think violence in video games and heavy metal music really pushed the envelope on that....j/k! lol

I suggest if it happens again, to do the same thing and shrug it off. Again, I have no idea what world one lives in to get the one up like that over a parking space and then do a touchdown/endzone celebration afterwards with the high fives?
But yeah, someone could get really hurt if that kind of behavior meets some of the replies so far.

Call me the eternal optimist but that situation in of itself when taking yourself out of the equation must look absolutely ridiculous. Life is WAY too short.

In some ways, I wish we would could round up folks like that, put them in the middle of town and egg them.
But then again, they probably wouldnt care about the public humiliation anyway. lol

Old 12-28-2011, 09:10 AM

749 posts, read 1,794,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
I was just curious if any one else has encountered super rude behavior in parking lots here?

Today we made the mistake of going to the San Diego Zoo. I knew it would be really busy but I totally underestimated how busy it would be. The entire parking lot was full and so was the street. People were just driving around the parking lot waiting for people to leave. It was chaos.

So we were driving around a while. We saw someone leaving so we waited for them. Keep in mind we were already in the aisle they were walking down and there was no one in front of us. Then something really strange happened.

We were relieved that we finally found a spot. I had the in-laws in the car as they are here for the holidays. 2 girls from the SUV got out and proceeded to walk in front of our car. The people loading their stroller into the car that were leaving looked really puzzled as the girls were standing right next to their car.

So as the people are pulling out of their spot these 2 black girls from the SUV block the parking space so I can't pull in. These were what looked like college aged girls. I rolled down my window and ask them what in the heck they are doing and that I have been driving around for the past 30 minutes (probably same as them).

So they say this is "their spot and they aint moving" and they have been following these people from the park exit. I told them that's not how parking lots worked and if they were in front of me then of course it would be their spot. They said I could run them down but they weren't leaving and both were standing right in the middle of the parking spot.

I couldn't believe this. Never in all my life, in all my travels in over 500+ cities around the world did I see trashy behavior like this in a parking lot. I told these girls they were acting like trash. It was clear their mother in the SUV directed them to do this but these girls were grown ups. I could see their mom in my rearview mirror high five'ing her other passengers.

Just total trash. I didn't want to make a big scene as I had my 2 young kids in the car and these people seemed like the type that might be packing a gun. (It wouldn't have surprised me). And these girls weren't even nervous at all. It's like they have done this many times as they were so nonchalant about it.

Has anyone else experienced this type of thing in a parking lot here? Shocking to see this type of behavior by adults. Would you guys have done something differently?

So far I haven't experienced this since we moved back. But I can say that it happened all the time to us the 4 years we lived in Nashville TN. It was horrible. And yes they were nothing but trash. People that act like this are nothing but trash and must have a very miserable life.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,957,441 times
I'm a woman and I travel a lot, alone, also sometimes I need to go to high crime areas like South Central at late hour, etc, or remote/isolated areas, where everyone carries a gun.
I lived in LA and NYC for years, and encountered endless trash attacks. I have a no back down rule at this point: they know if you're the one to mess with or not, from your way.

If you keep backing off in life, one day, the people who you think are trash will take over and push you out--out of your place, your home, your area, your town... your country, perhaps. Keep this in mind.

I remember once I backed off from a hoodmobile with 4 thugs who said they were going to kill me, at night in a bad area... after going around the block, I changed my mind though and came back looking like I got some back up.... the rats got scared the *** out and drove away. Carry yourself with extreme confidence in that kind of situation, especially if violence is looming and be prepared--rehearse scenarios in advance so that you don't look lost and confused if stuff starts happening. Remember about chimps vs. baboons--a baboon should technically win any fight with a chimp--because it has way more powerful jaws--however, chimps mostly win a fight with a baboon without actually having to fight, because they know how to make scarier face and act intimidating, which scares baboons and sends them running.

They think you're a "nice" weak person who'll bend over for them... that's why they high five, without fear you come back to damage their car.

Last edited by alexxiz; 12-28-2011 at 11:23 AM..

Old 12-28-2011, 10:37 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,984,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Sorry Dude, it has nothing to do with race or even California. I've seen the same behavior over the years in very upscale Virginia, Maryland, right here in West Plano last week and even in Hawaii.

Some people do have a feeling of entitlement and become even wierder during the holidays.

So let's stop the racial crap - its just selfish behavior, period!!
My brother had some douche lecture him in Virginia because he parked "aggressively" according to her. Apparently, that was bad, because he had his child in the car and she would learn bad habits.

My brother is a lot nicer than me. I'd have listened, and then retorted something like "okay, and so what does being around a stupid bleeping bleep like you do to her?"

If it wasn't illegal to physically assault or kill someone, I think the population of the world would be a lot smaller.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:56 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,198,084 times
It's not a racial thing in my post. I have seen time and time again here in Cali black people attempting to exploit the sense of entitlement they feel. Parking, restaurants, money and on and on. Many (not all) expect to be served by their fellow man. That's not racist it's the bone dry truth. That people make allowances for them by saying it's a racial thing only encourages the childish behavior imo. If that makes me prejudiced I can live with it much easier than I can with the entitlement they spew out.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,984,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It's not a racial thing in my post. I have seen time and time again here in Cali black people attempting to exploit the sense of entitlement they feel. Parking, restaurants, money and on and on. Many (not all) expect to be served by their fellow man. That's not racist it's the bone dry truth. That people make allowances for them by saying it's a racial thing only encourages the childish behavior imo. If that makes me prejudiced I can live with it much easier than I can with the entitlement they spew out.
My mother in law used to be one of those people who was always saying things like, oh, you have to understand, these people have it bad. And they DO. Even after the civil rights laws, the end of Jim Crow, and so on, they are statistically poorer than any other ethnic group, including those that who came much more recently than they did. Chris Rock said something like "there's not a white man who would trade places with me, and I'm rich!"

But she's living in a lower income area in the DC area, and she's surrounded by a lot of people who fit the stereotype. She's talking about how if she had enough money to move, she would. She said that she's slowly turning into a racist because so many of the stereotypes are true.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:42 AM

1,017 posts, read 2,506,595 times
Oh yeah I have...like people honking.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:00 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,412,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
My mother in law used to be one of those people who was always saying things like, oh, you have to understand, these people have it bad. And they DO. Even after the civil rights laws, the end of Jim Crow, and so on, they are statistically poorer than any other ethnic group, including those that who came much more recently than they did. Chris Rock said something like "there's not a white man who would trade places with me, and I'm rich!"

But she's living in a lower income area in the DC area, and she's surrounded by a lot of people who fit the stereotype. She's talking about how if she had enough money to move, she would. She said that she's slowly turning into a racist because so many of the stereotypes are true.
Tony,

I have many, many black friends and I'm the least stereotypical person out there. But I almost gave these girls a lecture how they are doing a real disservice to their race. Although I know you can't look at it in terms of black vs. white but you take situations like this and you'd still think they would have been worried about being stereotyped but I could see they just didn't care. Also, I've seen many situations before where it's almost as if people play the race thing to their advantage to seem more intimidating. JMHO.

Last edited by earlyretirement; 12-28-2011 at 12:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego