Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:25 PM

121 posts, read 199,540 times

Advertisements

You should have told them to watch their car. You wouldn't have had to actually do anything if you didn't want to, but they would have been worrying about it all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,399,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoGolfer View Post
You should have told them to watch their car. You wouldn't have had to actually do anything if you didn't want to, but they would have been worrying about it all day.
ChicagoGolfer,

Yeah, I was going to do that. I can't tell you how upset I was at the time. I was going to say something like that. But in the end, I'm glad I just left without incident and was the bigger person.

There are some crazy crazy people these days. Who knows if they would have taken down my license plate and tried to do something crazy.

I've heard of some crazy stuff happening with trash like this.

I do believe in karma though. The most frustrating thing is we ended up just leaving after that. Fortunately we live here so we can go another day. It would have been REALLY frustrating if we were only in town a few days on vacation and fighting for a spot and driving around for an hour.

We'll just go after the holidays. But the incident was a real eye opener just how pathetic some people are.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:01 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,953,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoGolfer View Post
You see you never know if they're recording... they could call the cops on her for threats. It's better to just damage the car without saying anything, even...after they're gone.

But no matter how trashy someone acts, they're often good at calling the cops and playing the victim.... that's why I think it's best to call the cops and tell the driver appears to be drunk (especially in one-against-group situation!), because they're gonna be in for come cop company and possible vehicle search--rather than have the losers call the cops on you. If you call 911 you don't even have to wait for the cops you can just say you're scared for your life and safety and are leaving the place for this reason. Unless you dk and you're up to a fight. A lot of these *** already have 2 strikes ... if they feel you're going to fight, they back off cause they may get that 3rd strike that will land them for good if they do fight.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,031,704 times
Very seldom happens to me in CA. Happened quite a bit on Long Island and in Missouri.

Usually I would just let it go. Not worth getting POed about.
But If the person is a true jackanape (the FU smirk, or the finger), I would simply let the air out one of their tires.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:37 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,150,801 times
Big Truck.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:35 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,834,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
Hi Moving! We are both in heaven since we crossed the CA border! It's so nice to feel alive again that's for sure. We now have a life again.
I'm so happy for you! I hope to be joining you in SD this Summer.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:34 AM

24 posts, read 115,344 times
I think anyplace that is overcrowded it will bring the worst in people. That's why we are done with California..too many ppl fighting for small space.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:18 PM

455 posts, read 1,119,926 times
Ironically, I've never seen this type of behavior consistently until I moved to San Diego. I have lived in both Raleigh, NC (smaller) and DC/Baltimore, MD (more urban), and never had to deal with the attitudes randomly encountered here in the past year. It hasn't made me negative of San Diego or California, just more cautious.

A different, yet similar thing happen to me in La Jolla out of all places. I drove into the (former) El Toritos restaurant parking lot and was waiting for someone to pull out of a parking spot with my turn signal on. As the car backs out and partially blocks me from driving in (I had to make a left turn into the spot), some douchebag in his ~40s and in his Mercedes SL drives up and turns into the spot. I layed on my my horn and he walks out and angrily says "Hey, I was waiting for this spot and drove around the building for it..."

I swear I almost lost it.
I really wanted to mess with him and his convertible, but somehow I calmed down and left everything intact. When I finally found a parking spot and got into the restaurant, I noticed him in the bar all alone and he eventually left...alone too. Pathetic Creature...his car is probably a lease too.

Goes to show that anyone in any class/category can be...a douchebag

Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,490,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amomoffour View Post
I think anyplace that is overcrowded it will bring the worst in people. That's why we are done with California..too many ppl fighting for small space.

I'd say it brings out the worst in BAD people.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 AM

749 posts, read 1,791,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
I'm so happy for you! I hope to be joining you in SD this Summer.

Thank you Moving! I'll be waiting on you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego