Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 11:43 AM

1,600 posts, read 940,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Do you support or do not support (the experts and pro-lifers do not) trump's suggestion to open the economy in weeks at the cost of additional lost lives?
Wow, what a loaded question lol. "at the cost of additional lives?" Your question on its face is highly biased.

But I'll answer nonetheless. I think any rational person is going to play it all by ear, including Trump. None of us have a crystal ball.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:45 AM

1,600 posts, read 940,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Trump screwed this up on his own. He needs to own it.
Wait...how did he "********** up"? How is this his fault personally?

Old 03-24-2020, 12:00 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,941,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
Wait...how did he "********** up"? How is this his fault personally?
Disbanded the pandemic NSC subgroup, spews fountains of misinformation at pressers (eg, cloroquine), did not reduce to actual practice the Defense Production Act for ventiliators/PPE, shows no empathy/healing, and more. But it is okay, as he take no responsibility at all. Govs Cuomo and Newsom and Dewine acting like responsible leaders in contrast. In the days of olde a time ago, the buck stopped here at the oval office desk, now it is a source of aggrieved whiney b*tchy complaining but I was told to f*kc my feelings.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:12 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,461,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I am remodeling our living/dining room. Costco and Home Depot deliver just about anything I need. My wife helps if I need it.
Very nice, I am as well come next week. I also have a ton of other miscellaneous things I’ve been putting off like rerouting some oddly/inconveniently placed light switches, taking apart ceiling fans to replace the chains, etc, etc.

Just a heads up in case you forget/run out of minor things from Home Depot and don’t want to pay the $75 delivery fee or go comb the aisles you can order it and pick it up from a locker in the front of the store.

Also, in regards of delivery from Home Depot they just dump off all materials in the driveway. I don’t know the extent of your remodel, and disregard this if you already had it delivered, but you may need more than your wife if you got some heavy stuff. The two times I had lumber, drywall, doors/windows, etc dropped off the driver was solo, used a fork lift to take it off the truck, and was out of there in seconds to his next stop. Paying extra on the side to have a couple of guys carry it all in obviously wasn’t an option. Good luck and have fun.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:27 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Weather should be more favorable for you for the next half-year. Which specific island will you be docked at mostly? I prefer SJI mostly.
Have a mooring off friend’s beach on a small island not served by the state ferry system. But there are so many moorages and marine state parks in San Juans ... plus the Canadian Gulf Islands ... a person could drift a couple lifetimes without boredom

Old 03-24-2020, 12:45 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,941,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Have a mooring off friend’s beach on a small island not served by the state ferry system. But there are so many moorages and marine state parks in San Juans ... plus the Canadian Gulf Islands ... a person could drift a couple lifetimes without boredom
I agree.

Old 03-24-2020, 03:26 PM

83 posts, read 169,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
The border isn't shut down.
Does that mean I wouldn't have a problem getting into mexico and then getting back into the US? I'm concerned that I'll need to show a prescription or doctors note or something to get into Mexico. Can I just drive in and out without any of that?

Old 03-24-2020, 03:35 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekosu View Post
Does that mean I wouldn't have a problem getting into mexico and then getting back into the US? I'm concerned that I'll need to show a prescription or doctors note or something to get into Mexico. Can I just drive in and out without any of that?
According to this article, you‘ll need “proper authorization”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.san...wn%3f_amp=true

Old 03-24-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
According to this article, you‘ll need “proper authorization”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.san...wn%3f_amp=true
It doesn't seem very clear. This article also seems to suggest that US citizens are exempt

"Commercial goods arriving via rail and truck are exempt, as are U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and people with legal work permits"

Old 03-24-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekosu View Post
It doesn't seem very clear. This article also seems to suggest that US citizens are exempt

"Commercial goods arriving via rail and truck are exempt, as are U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and people with legal work permits"
https://www.10news.com/news/coronavi...r-restrictions

This article says the restrictions dont apply to US citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego