Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 08:51 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Yeah, you're going to see employees wearing masks for the foreseeable future, regardless of what the CDC says. It's just that way I guess.

It's a liability thing. If you're an employer and you're letting people come into a retail environment without a mask based only on an honor system that they're vaccinated, you're assuming customers will be truthful. If they're not, it could put employees at risk. There really isn't a good solution to this because no way in hell vaccine passports are going to pass the sniff test in court. It should probably just be up to the employee though but whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 09:00 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
It's a liability thing. If you're an employer and you're letting people come into a retail environment without a mask based only on an honor system that they're vaccinated, you're assuming customers will be truthful. If they're not, it could put employees at risk. There really isn't a good solution to this because no way in hell vaccine passports are going to pass the sniff test in court. It should probably just be up to the employee though but whatever.
That's also assuming employees have been vaccinated. There is that whole court thing again when employers demand their employees get stabbed with a vaccine that got created short notice. There could be some serious issues down the road, read $$. This is going to be a slippery slope for awhile.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:11 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Newsom issued an executive order a while back making essential workers that catch covid eligible for worker’s compensation.

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/Covid-19/

Old 06-15-2021, 09:20 PM

Just now on the news a "religious exemption". Surely no one will use that one.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:28 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's also assuming employees have been vaccinated. There is that whole court thing again when employers demand their employees get stabbed with a vaccine that got created short notice. There could be some serious issues down the road, read $$. This is going to be a slippery slope for awhile.

Good point. It's coming from both directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Newsom issued an executive order a while back making essential workers that catch covid eligible for worker’s compensation.

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/Covid-19/

Yeah, that's a weird one but not surprising all things considered.
I predict people will just naturally begin to relax on the issue altogether as long as cases continue to dwindle and we don't see any signs of a new surge. Eventually things will look completely normal again if progress keeps up.

I haven't been out much the last few weeks because of work so I don't know how the big box type stores are handling today's changes. Are places like HD, Costco or WalMart instituting nationwide policies or is it going to be store to store based on individual management?

Old 06-15-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Good point. It's coming from both directions.

Yeah, that's a weird one but not surprising all things considered.
I predict people will just naturally begin to relax on the issue altogether as long as cases continue to dwindle and we don't see any signs of a new surge. Eventually things will look completely normal again if progress keeps up.

I haven't been out much the last few weeks because of work so I don't know how the big box type stores are handling today's changes. Are places like HD, Costco or WalMart instituting nationwide policies or is it going to be store to store based on individual management?
Always enjoy your posts and responses as you are considerate and logical.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:26 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I was in Costco today, and everyone had a mask on.
Masks are now optional at the Costco on Morena Blvd. I thought it would be like clothing-optional resorts. At clothing-optional resorts everyone is naked.

At mask-optional Costco, 90% of the customers still wore masks. I wore a mask and I'm vaxxed. Old habits are hard to break.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:30 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Today is the big day, what did you observe?
24 hour fitness balboa not requiring masks

Old 06-16-2021, 12:22 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Masks are now optional at the Costco on Morena Blvd. I thought it would be like clothing-optional resorts. At clothing-optional resorts everyone is naked.

At mask-optional Costco, 90% of the customers still wore masks. I wore a mask and I'm vaxxed. Old habits are hard to break.
I took my mom to that location today and it wasn’t anywhere 90% masked? While I wouldn’t go as low as 60% masked, it was more like 70%, at best.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:59 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
I took my mom to that location today and it wasn’t anywhere 90% masked? While I wouldn’t go as low as 60% masked, it was more like 70%, at best.
I say Too-May-Toe. You say Too-Mah-Toe. No big deal. I was really surprised at the number of customers who still wore masks without a requirement. I wore a mask. Even my neighbors ask me why I'm wearing a mask. Old habits are hard to break. I still chew gum after I quit smoking 30 years ago.

The old-timer Costco employees told me they still need to wear masks. Employees see no end to wearing masks. In the food court, almost everyone wore a mask. That's before they got their hot dog of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego