Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2021, 08:41 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
My friend made a fake one so her teenage son could go to camp in Colorado

In Idaho grocery stores were the last place people gave up the masks. Places like Home Depot and Target were first. Now I hardly ever see a mask anywhere. It just takes a little time and for people like you to be Trail Blazers
Rubios on the freedom list. Had my first altercation with a mask Karen that made me laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 09:39 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
The only exception if one is a caring person unlike.the trumpers is masking to protect the immunocompromised and in hospitals. Probably a compromise is to mask when u are meeting someone who is known to be sick like this.
What a shame, you were doing so well for a moment there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Rubios on the freedom list. Had my first altercation with a mask Karen that made me laugh.
oooo, please do tell. I'm kinda hoping for one of these myself.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:53 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
What a shame, you were doing so well for a moment there.

oooo, please do tell. I'm kinda hoping for one of these myself.
So, I'm in line with three other unmasked souls for pickup. I see a few people sitting and waiting with three people wearing them. I talk to the nice girl and she points me to my order. As I'm exiting Karen say's very loudly, "Oh, and not wearing a mask". I slowed trying not to embarrass her too much in front of her kid, pointed at the sign on the door and said, "Read it".

Old 06-17-2021, 10:08 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Generally, no need to wear if vaccinated.
One could choose to wear if crowded areas.
If you're not vaccinated, you should mask but you are dumb like many hydroxy trumpers

Old 06-17-2021, 10:08 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, I'm in line with three other unmasked souls for pickup. I see a few people sitting and waiting with three people wearing them. I talk to the nice girl and she points me to my order. As I'm exiting Karen say's very loudly, "Oh, and not wearing a mask". I slowed trying not to embarrass her too much in front of her kid, pointed at the sign on the door and said, "Read it".

Old 06-17-2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilboTBagginz View Post
This is interesting to me since I'm here in the San Diego area (arrived yesterday on Day 1) from Ohio and we've been in a relaxed posture for some weeks now. I work for a CA based company and I used to fly in regularly before COVID, so i probably pay more attention to what's going on in CA more than OH.

I was wondering what I would encounter yesterday out in public, based on how it went in the Cleveland area.

I'm staying at a hotel in Rancho Bernardo (convenient travel agent rates) and the hotel is requiring masks in the lobby/public areas. There was one couple (I don't know if they were married, could've been an older mother and her son) complaining to the employee that "You know they abolished these today?!?! (pointing at his mask)". His companion wouldn't put one on, but she seemed a little...um..well..if I saw her on a billboard advertising a new show based on conspiracy theories, it wouldn't shock me. They both came across as just wanting to argue and cause a problem, for no good reason.

I saw a mixed bag in other places we went. At least for me, even when Ohio relaxed the mandate, I still wore my mask out of habit and just wanting to not be the cause of someone else getting sick. It's taken a while, but I'm slowly feeling comfortable keeping the mask off in certain environments. The airport and airplane is NOT one of those environments. Now, the airport (Cleveland, Nashville and San Diego) was a mixed bag as well even though you're supposed to wear one. The airplanes were generally not an issue as the attendants made it clear early on that they're just doing their job and they wanted to avoid repeated warnings or getting someone arrested for an altercation.

This morning I went to Vons and every customer had a mask on except one.

Just thought I'd share some random data points from an outside who has recently gone through this "phase".
LOL.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I do not watch TV. Smart of me to stay away of the propaganda of the fox news dumb right wing anti science q seditious hydroxy trumpers. Passive absorbers of dangerous idiocracy
I’m not a Fox News person, nor a Trumper, but it looks as though the irony in your post escapes you.

Old 06-18-2021, 12:17 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
The cards you had to write your name on checking out a book at my elementary school were more sophisticated than the vaccine cards. My first thought was after getting mine was how easy it would be to replicate and sell them (not me obviously) if/when places started requiring them for entry.
There's a name on my Vaxx card. It matches the name on my drivers license. Sports parks are asking for the names to match.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:58 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
I have zero idea where my vax card is. It's been a crazy year and the house is a permanent mess these days. There's nothing I need it for right now and if in the future it's required for something, it's easier to just *not* do whatever that is. I have no intention of participating in any trend that will turn such an item into a defacto ID like what happened with social security numbers.

Something something hell, good intentions and paving.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:24 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
There's a name on my Vaxx card. It matches the name on my drivers license. Sports parks are asking for the names to match.
Yeah, so does mine filled in with my own handwriting. Do you really think the security guards with Elite are gonna check that hard? I’ll bet dollars to donuts if you “accidentally” show one that’s different nothing will be said. All they’re thinking about when going through the motions of checking is what they’re gonna do in 3-4 hours when they get off.

I used to do this at Costco when I’d go for business and also take my mom. I’d switch receipts with her to see if they’d recognize it as a social experiment. Only twice out of dozens of times did they ever say anything. And that was when I had flat screen TVs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego