Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 08:07 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The product of watching fear TV for over a year. It's gonna be slow.
Yeah and people just being polite too I guess. Hopefully the trend will catch on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
But how do they know if you're fully vaccinated?
They don't. Trust I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 08:10 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Do you have an off button? Yes or no.
Apparently not. Would be great if there was though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
He has a VBA script that interjects "TRUMP" every third character. It's not binary.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:21 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Yeah and people just being polite too I guess. Hopefully the trend will catch on.
They don't. Trust I guess.
All vaccinated people are given a paper card. I trust no one.

I had to show my paper card to the LA Rams. If I couldn't produce my vaccination card, I wouldn't be sitting in my season-ticket seats.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:38 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
All vaccinated people are given a paper card. I trust no one.

I had to show my paper card to the LA Rams. If I couldn't produce my vaccination card, I wouldn't be sitting in my season-ticket seats.
The cards you had to write your name on checking out a book at my elementary school were more sophisticated than the vaccine cards. My first thought was after getting mine was how easy it would be to replicate and sell them (not me obviously) if/when places started requiring them for entry.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
My first thought was after getting mine was how easy it would be to replicate and sell them (not me obviously) if/when places started requiring them for entry.
No one wanted a national Covids vaccination card. That's fine by me. Just show me what you have and I'll decide if it's legit.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:14 AM

Most people are honest. My dog groomer said she's not vaxxed and she has no intention of getting vaxxed. I paid her and she is history.

This morning my wife's gay niece was supposed to spend a few days with us. However, she's an antivaxxer and an antimasker. She and her family will not be staying with us.

She and her family spent the night at the Residence Inn in Sorrento Valley. I agreed to pay their bill. The Residence Inn just called me and said my wife's niece just checked out.

She never contacted me but I guess they will be heading back to Phoenix. No vax. No mask. No entry to our house.

I'm sure I'll get some grief from my wife's Cheesehead family. I'm sure they will play the anti-gay card.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:30 AM

50,292 posts, read 47,043,365 times
There were people out front of the Padres stadium selling the vaxx cards. I'd trust someone selling crap down on the boardwalk about the same.

From everything I've read it is the #1 most copied fake item on the market. Ya can't blame people for buying them that don't trust the vaccine. You can barely find a place to get tested anymore and it's 50 bucks a pop.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:11 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Schools just dropped the bi-monthly testing requirement for staff who are vaccinated but they were bringing the show to us so it wasn't like it took any real effort anyway. The one time I missed it, I had to do it offsite and there are actually plenty of test locations still in the county. They're all free. The one I went to was walk-in, no appointment necessary. I think people are getting wise to the futility of testing vaccinated people who aren't exhibiting symptoms though.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:36 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
If you're vaccinated, you are protected, so don't worry about hanging around with the unvaxx too much. Darwin will take care of the dumb unvaxxed. The unvaxxed help transmit the increasing variant virus. However, the unvaxxed are dumbies so probably should not hang with them anyway

Old 06-17-2021, 11:42 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
I wasn't exactly looking closely but I don't think I saw a mask required sign in front of a local Sprouts I went to this morning. Most people inside including all staff were still wearing masks. Same with laundromat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego