Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 12:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Are you entirely sure that another entity does not now own the mortgage? If a bank goes out of business, its assets would be liquidated (first to its creditors) - mortgages are assets.
of course they do...He is just ranting about something he doesn't have all the facts on.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Loans are bought and sold all the time, so you really don't have any point to go on.

You're dodging the core topic. These people crying about the 1% crap (whatever that means) largely brought all this upon themselves. They hopped aboard the gravy train by taking loans they had no business receiving (from either predatory lenders or those pressured by the government and activists via the Community Reinvestment Act) and now they're paying for it. scratch that, we're all paying for it.

Your entire point is irrelevant.
I am one that does feel there are some inequities, but that doesn't make what these cry babies are doing the right thing. If they want total equality they can move to another country where you don't have to work to get what you want, you just let the government support you.

NIta

Old 11-01-2011, 12:24 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am one that does feel there are some inequities, but that doesn't make what these cry babies are doing the right thing. If they want total equality they can move to another country where you don't have to work to get what you want, you just let the government support you.

NIta
Who has said anything about "total equality"?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,078,817 times
Quote:

NIta
You can't even depend on hard work to get ahead anymore because all our money is going to the wealthy.

Check this graph. See how the productivity of American workers is going up, but our wages aren't? Meanwhile the wealthy are seeing their income go through the roof and past Pluto. This is theft and all the crappy conservative talking points in the world isn't going to explain it away. At least people are protesting income inequality now instead of waiting until we have mass starvation and food riots and start breaking out the guillotines.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
You can't even depend on hard work to get ahead anymore because all our money is going to the wealthy.

Check this graph. See how the productivity of American workers is going up, but our wages aren't? Meanwhile the wealthy are seeing their income go through the roof and past Pluto. This is theft and all the crappy conservative talking points in the world isn't going to explain it away. At least people are protesting income inequality now instead of waiting until we have mass starvation and food riots and start breaking out the guillotines.
My "Rep" button deficit is getting bigger and bigger ... you deserve more than I can make happen here

Amazing how many cavalier comments some people make in this thread without applying the slightest analytical effort or thought to what they blurt out ...

Old 11-01-2011, 01:24 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yeah, tell him and approximately 130 million other Americans -- including 39% of investment advisers ... and another 90 million Americans who are interested to learn more ... and the over 72% of all Americans who feel that income inequality has become a serious problem in our country.
Life has never been fair and never will be fair. When will people understand this. If you are upset with the "1%" why don't people work hard enough to become one of the "1%" and try to change it. I don't get it. I guess most people I know and the Occupy Wall Street crowd I see have a completely different view point on a lot of things.

This whole sham reminds me of the global warming deal. Yeah, it may be true even though I don't think so but so what. The earth has gone through several warming cycles previously and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Anyways, it just seems this Occupy Wall Street is the liberal tea party. I think some of the complaints are similar or even the same but are going about it in two different ways. I just hope the OWS group doesn't get hoodwinked into thinking the democrats or traditional republicans are going to help change anything. Even though I am sure they would vote to re-elect Obama...I must say I don't have high hopes since they listen to Michael Moore and were cheering negative things while he spoke to them.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
Life has never been fair and never will be fair. When will people understand this. If you are upset with the "1%" why don't people work hard enough to become one of the "1%" and try to change it. I don't get it. I guess most people I know and the Occupy Wall Street crowd I see have a completely different view point on a lot of things.
How many people can become the 1%? -- ans: uh, 1% ... 1% is 1% ... it doesn't get larger to accommodate more people ... there's only so much room at the top of any pyramid ... and those folks are who they are because they are natural born talents at manipulation and control ... I don't mean those two words negatively or positively -- it's a simple truth of function ... they are great at manipulating situations and controlling them ... and they don't care to share their control, so none of the rest of us are going to make 1% be greater than 1% ... the problem should be so simple as you infer.

Quote:
This whole sham reminds me of the global warming deal. Yeah, it may be true even though I don't think so but so what. The earth has gone through several warming cycles previously and there is nothing we can do to stop it.
There is nothing we can do about anthropogenic global warming? Yes, there is ... there's a LOT that can be done.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:18 PM

70 posts, read 131,043 times
An Open Letter to the Citizens of Oakland from the Oakland Police Officers (http://www.opoa.org/uncategorized/an-open-letter-to-the-citizens-of-oakland-from-the-oakland-police-officers%E2%80%99-association/ - broken link)

It's not surprising that Frank Ogawa turned chaotic given the mixed signals from the mayor's office.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:

NIta

Who's doing the empty ranting now? Why are so many all of a sudden sounding like that crazy angry pizza guy running for president?

We all know inequality is the engine that runs capitalism, but the vacuum that is sucking all the wealth into ivory towers and leaving nothing on the ground for the masses is the stuff that crushes that same economic model. The free market is not perfect, as many would like to believe, and is susceptible to implosion if pure naked greed is allowed to fester unchecked.
The OWS people are now doing the checking, since it seems no one else will.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:27 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
it may be true even though I don't think so but so what.
A rather defeatist attitude, no? Americans used to known very much as a "can do" population. Have we given up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland