Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:42 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Uh..a pitbull mix just attacked and bit my dog in the face yesterday in the dog park. I have no sympathy for you. Don't move here. In addition...you talk too much.
That's like saying a white person robbed me, I don't like you lol.

OP: You will probably need to look into renting a house in the East Bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 02:17 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,848,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

Gonna have to rent a house somewhere, cuz no apartment will allow Fido. East Bay, San Jose, Redwood City, Marin, South San Francisco come to mind.

Pits aren't inherently nasty and aggressive, they are disproportionately raised and bred by thugs not the least bit interested in their welfare, just the tough guy image. Folks in Florida know all too much about the whole Michael Vick episode. Mistreat any dog and make them fight, that's what they'll do.
But convincing squeamish landlords that you're a responsible pit owner is another story (they hear pitbull, they think you're a thug and your dog will kill somebody).

Old 05-24-2012, 02:23 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,082,250 times
The vast majority of landlords in San Francisco won't even allow a cat. It's stupid but that is just how it is.

And landlords anywhere will be anti-pitbull, they just have a bad reputation mainly because of some bad owners.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:25 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Save the pet ownership for when you have a place of your own. I can't say it enough people, pets aren't a right and nobody else has to house them for ya.

I do feel bad if you had a home and now need to rent, it's a tough spot but one you can understand I'm sure.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post

And landlords anywhere will be anti-pitbull, they just have a bad reputation mainly because of some bad owners.
So do human children, siblings, spouses, cousins, parents, Republicans, etc...

Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
So do human children, siblings, spouses, cousins, parents, Republicans, etc...

I don't mind banning Republicans...

Old 05-24-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I don't mind banning Republicans...
Their bark is worse than their bite. But all that barking is a public nuisance.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
That's like saying a white person robbed me, I don't like you lol.

No. I don't parallel the traits of dog breeds (which have been bred into them over hundreds of years) with the varied personality traits of of human beings. Humans aren't canine and it's ignorant to anthropomorphize dogs as if they were indeed human.

Also, I am also a new landlord in the East Bay and will gladly rent to people with dogs, just not pitbulls or pitbull mixes. I've drawn from my own experiences and opinions on this particular breed since I also have a large breed dog and frequent the local dog parks daily where I get to witness some undesirable traits that this breed in particular carry (even with the most innocuous and respectable looking owners).

In addition, on a purely personal level I think that folks that choose to own a dog of this type are generally are not responsible enough (as noted above) to realize or not care how they may be perceived by others. All the whining about not being fair to be discriminated against is like putting a tattoo on your forehead--you're gonna draw unwanted attention and be perceived a certain way, no matter how innocent or cute you think it is.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:10 PM

54 posts, read 83,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
No. I don't parallel the traits of dog breeds (which have been bred into them over hundreds of years) with the varied personality traits of of human beings. Humans aren't canine and it's ignorant to anthropomorphize dogs as if they were indeed human.

Also, I am also a new landlord in the East Bay and will gladly rent to people with dogs, just not pitbulls or pitbull mixes. I've drawn from my own experiences and opinions on this particular breed since I also have a large breed dog and frequent the local dog parks daily where I get to witness some undesirable traits that this breed in particular carry (even with the most innocuous and respectable looking owners).

In addition, on a purely personal level I think that folks that choose to own a dog of this type are generally are not responsible enough (as noted above) to realize or not care how they may be perceived by others. All the whining about not being fair to be discriminated against is like putting a tattoo on your forehead--you're gonna draw unwanted attention and be perceived a certain way, no matter how innocent or cute you think it is.
Your ignorance about Pit's and their owners is outstanding.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:04 PM

5 posts, read 13,131 times
Clongirl, Your comment is too funny. You're straight up discriminating against a breed you have no clue about.

You are just another dumb pitbull hater idiot... Hundreds of years? Are you kidding me? Pit bulls have just been created a few decades ago... For FAMILY PETS! You're stereotype them by their dumbass owners.

You're also being rude and ignorant calling me irresponsible... I never liked pitbulls and I never cared for them until I got mine... But under my strong leadership this dog is a better companion than any other dogs I've ever owned. I used to own my home but the crisis hit us and we lost it...

I am an experienced dog owner and I do agree on one thing: not everyone can handle a pitbull. But I do. And I think landlords should have a solution for this problem. Your solution is the "ostrich policy" and you probably are very old fashioned and tunnel visioned... Otherwise you wouldn't have posted a comment. I didn't ask for your opinion. I have mine thank you very much... I asked for help...

You are only scared because of people who can't handle a strong breed made you feel uneasy a few times.

Go ahead and enjoy being a landlord, you must have felt really powerful when you wrote it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland