Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,082,250 times

Advertisements

Awwwwwwwwwww YEAH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 09:55 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
Hipster Barista - i was a giants fan before the 2012 season

Old 10-28-2012, 09:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
San Francisco, even this Mariners fan will tip his hat off to you. You can celebrate now, the Giants have won.
Yep - I am a Mariners fan - and don't even care much about the L.A. - S.F. rivalry - but the Giants have won two WS''s in 3 years.

That is impressive.

Seattle and Washington D.C.(Nationals/Expos) still are the only teams to not have yet made an appearance in the WS.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 PM

341 posts, read 708,923 times
Here here!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:11 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yep - I am a Mariners fan - and don't even care much about the L.A. - S.F. rivalry - but the Giants have won two WS''s in 3 years.

That is impressive.

Seattle and Washington D.C.(Nationals/Expos) still are the only teams to not have yet made an appearance in the WS.
I was never thrilled about the Dodgers either. When it comes to baseball, I'm first and foremost an M's fan. I've been that way since the 90s. However, as you said, the M's(as well as Washington DC) have never made an appearance to in the World Series. In this case, I went for SF over Detroit. I looked at it as a victory for the West Coast, specifically Ecotopia.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I looked at it as a victory for the West Coast, specifically Ecotopia.
Did you read The Nine Nations of North America by Joel Garreau?
The Nine Nations of North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have lived in Ecotopia and Mexamerica.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 PM

Shoot - a World Series championship, 2 shutout victories, limiting the opponent to 6 total runs - with the Triple Crown winner on the opposing team + getting that player out with a called strike on the final out of the final game, and earning an extra-innings victory?

I don't know what else to call that but impressive - and one doesn't even have to be a Giants fan to think that.

Nice going, SF!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:21 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Did you read The Nine Nations of North America by Joel Garreau?
The Nine Nations of North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have lived in Ecotopia and Mexamerica.
I haven't read the book, but I've read about the book. I have lived in Ecotopia,possibly the Breadbasket(I used to live in Ft. Worth,TX), and I'm living in Dixie, which isn't my cup of tea. I'm a big anomaly. Whenever I see a Mariners fan in the Atlanta area, I make it a point to talk to that person.

As for the Giants, I looked at the win as a victory for the Ecotopia region. However, I'm still waiting for the day the M's make it.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:31 PM

404 posts, read 860,950 times
Way To Go San Francisco GIANTS, 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I haven't read the book, but I've read about the book. I have lived in Ecotopia,possibly the Breadbasket(I used to live in Ft. Worth,TX), and I'm living in Dixie, which isn't my cup of tea. I'm a big anomaly. Whenever I see a Mariners fan in the Atlanta area, I make it a point to talk to that person.

As for the Giants, I looked at the win as a victory for the Ecotopia region. However, I'm still waiting for the day the M's make it.
LOL - read the book - it is excellent - and still relevant today(it was published in 1981).

I was going to play up your "anomaly" comment - but Garreau actually calls Hawaii, Interior Alaska, Manhattan, and Washington D.C. - abberations.

It has been a while since I read the book. I loaned it to someone who was studying real estate and haven't seen him much since.

I suppose I will have to buy some property from him to get the book back - or maybe I will just buy another copy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland